It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford Had Links to Fund Run by Bidens: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Stanford Had Links to Fund Run by Bidens: Report

www.cnbc.com

A fund of hedge funds run by two members of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's family was marketed exclusively by firms controlled by Texas financier Allen Stanford, charged by regulators with an $8 billion fraud, the Wall Street Journal said.

The $50 million fund was jointly branded between the Bidens' Paradigm Global Advisors and a Stanford Financial Group entity, and was known as the Paradigm Stanford Capital Management Core Alternative Fund, the paper said.

Stanford-related companies marketed the fund to investors and also invested about $2.7 million of their own money in the fund, the paper said, citing a lawyer for Paradigm.

Paradigm Global Advisors is owned through a holding company by the vice president's son, Hunter, and Joe Biden's brother, James, according to the paper.

Paradigm's attorney, Marc LoPresti, who represents Hunter Biden and James Biden, as well as Paradigm, told the paper he did not know which Stanford entity invested the roughly $2.7 million. He told the paper the Bidens never met or communicated with Stanford.

Joe Biden's office and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) could not be immediately reached for comment by Reuters.

The paper cited LoPresti as saying the fund offered to turn over the $2.7 million investment it received from Stanford's firm in 2007 to a court-appointed receiver in the SEC's civil fraud case involving Stanford.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Now this looks interesting. Looks like we may have another issue with the administration. You notice how quiet they were about this? The talked about Madoff, the talked about Blago, they talked about Burris, and even A-Rod, but mentioned nothing of this. I wasn't the only one who noticed this either. I was wondering if there was some connection here. It's stories like these that really made me hate the Bush administration. Enron was the one that pissed me off the most.

Further proof that both parties are corrupt and don't give a flying # about anyone but themselves. We NEED a 3rd party people. A party that upholds the Constitution and allows the Free-Market to truly be the market it can be. We need people who are not inclined to do things illegitimately.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Come on guys, we couldn't be ignoring this. This is a major link to the White House. Comments? Questions? Speculations? Anything?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Googling brings up plenty of info on the rather shady seeming Mr. Hunter Biden.
Sounds like another little privileged rich kid scamming his was through life and protected by the family. Mmmm... now where have I seen that before?

Any link to the White House will be buried and either under reported by the MSM or ignored completely, as is usually the case.

These bozos and their offspring / relatives get a free pass rather than have scandalous and / or fraudulent behaviour brought into the spotlight. As far as I am concerned, the world is run by criminals and we are all nothing more than the slaves, to be used for their nasty little wars and to work until we drop to pay the taxes they need.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Obviously, the Biden fund, is in a company name, with his son and his brothers name on it, to protect him.
Which could say, he new it was a scam before he even participated.
Otherwise why would he need to not have his own name directly on any of it?
Im sure Biden has many other business activities, with his name on it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Accused con man R. Allen Stanford used corporate money to become a big man at last year's Democratic convention in Denver.

A video posted on the firm's web-site shows Stanford, now sought by U.S. Marshals, being hugged by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and praised by former President Bill Clinton for helping to finance a convention-related forum and party put on by the National Democratic Institute.

Everyone (dems in office) has their hand in this pie.

It'll just be covered up anyways as was the tax cheats.

new topics

top topics

join