It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best liver detoxifier out there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Some of the "cleanse kits" available at Henry's (my local health food grocer) contain a milk thistle supplement for liver support. I have tried one such cleanse and I felt great afterward.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

12 years ago, my best friend was diagnosed w/ hep c. He had been very sick for over 3 weeks; sleeping all the time, itchy, unable to keep his food down, brown pee/ yellow poop, etc... One day he woke up and came outside as I was tending his garden. It was the 1st time I had seen him in natural light for sometime. HE WAS YELLOW! Very jaundiced. I immediately took him to the Dr where he was diagnosed with Hep. C. His prognosis was grim, maybe 5 years if he didn't stop drinking, get interferon treatment etc...
I got online and found interferon treatment expensive and not a promising outcome. I recommended herbs.
He took alot of herbs pills for 2 weeks and was no longer suffering any of his previous symptoms and went back to work.
He is living well today and still has a drink from time to time. He till takes the herbs I recommended, but not as intensively as he did when sick. The supplements he took were:
Milk Thistle, Dandelion Root. Red Clover, ( be careful,,,its also a blood thinner), Burberry, Yellow Dock. There were a couple other herbs, but these were the main herbs used.
Be sure to talk to your Dr before taking any of these herbs... they may interact with other meds your currently taking.
Take care and Be Well!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Oh and BTW, Artichokes are very good for the liver!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join