It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best liver detoxifier out there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm a big believer in nutritional medicine. I've recently cured myself of candida using it, but I still have a dodgy liver. Western doctors say that I'm fine, but I know it's not in a good state. I have a chinese formula that I take called "Liver smoothing powder" (shu gan san), but I can't get hold of it at the moment.

I know a little about the gut and heart, but have close to no knowledge on the liver. If anyone can give me any tips I'd appreciate it.

-What foods are good?
-What herbs are good?
-Is MMS as good as they say?
-What minerals+other nutrition does the liver need?

I am currently taking lemon juice and lots of dark green leafy vegetables but I need something more powerful. Of course I am abstaining from alcohol.

From a Chinese perspective, I have a damp heat condition....

I can feel pent up, trapped and sluggish when it's at it's worst. From what I can see, the whole damn western world has a toxic liver...

Any help, or even a kind thought, is greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Here's a list of Natural remedies, hope this helps.

www.healingfoodreference.com...

Basically Plum is the best food, and Mayapple is the best herb for liver cleanse according to the chart.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I had a high Liver count last year and was told to stay off the drink for 3 months and get a test again. I had apple cider vinegar and had a spoon a day and put it over salads.
3 months later when my doctor got my test results back he phoned and said that he was amazed my liver was back to a heathy count and was fully recoved.
This may not work for everybody, but it sure did for me and for the price of a few bottles of apple cider vinegar it worth a go.

Edit to add: After getting the news from the doctor, I went for a pint to celebrate

[edit on 24/2/09 by freemindmine]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zapataman

Thanks for your replies. Yes Apple Cider vinegar is good and very under-rated, but I need something more right now.

Last summer I felt awesome, really really good, brimming with health. And... come to think of it, I was eating plums by the bucketload. I was intuitively drawn to them, I remember eating more than 10 a day. Haven't eaten any for about a year now.

Just went for a walk and couldn't find any, but I'll look around.

Freemindmine: What were your symptoms? How were your emotions? Did you get moody at all?

Cheers all, this is helpful already...

[edit on 24-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Freemindmine: What were your symptoms? How were your emotions? Did you get moody at all?

Too be honest mine was all drink related and I only really got tested because I knew I had over done it. So on that I can not really help you, sorry.
One more thing I forgot to say before is I had carrot and beetroot jucie a fair bit in that 3 months too. My liver count was quite high(so the doctors said) so I am sure this helped but the main thing is what you are doing and stay clear or alcohol and have plenty of water.
The Liver is the best part of the body for repairing its self. I hope you feel better soon.

[edit on 24/2/09 by freemindmine]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Thanks, I'll post results here...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Every so often my liver feels like it's screaming out! But it's fairly straight foward in my case (I hope) it's been through a solid 10 or so years of alcohol and smoking abuse, I've got no real knowledge of the liver except that is bad and given the chance the liver is very resilient.

I will follow this thread cos I'm thinking mine could also do with a bit of maintenance. The plums can't hurt, I'll get some in.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freemindmine
I had a high Liver count last year and was told to stay off the drink for 3 months and get a test again. I had apple cider vinegar and had a spoon a day and put it over salads.
3 months later when my doctor got my test results back he phoned and said that he was amazed my liver was back to a heathy count and was fully recoved.

Did you stop drinking during this time?
Or did you continue to drink, and have apple cider vinegar?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

No I stopped for the whole long long 3 months,lol. The doctor though if I just stop drinking for that amount of time then we would see a drop in the liver count but he did't think it would repair it fully. It was a very nice surprise to get the phone call after the test.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Wow - no drinks for 3 months....congratulations!!! Dont think I could do it....well, only if I were really sick I suppose!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
Wow - no drinks for 3 months....congratulations!!! Dont think I could do it....well, only if I were really sick I suppose!!

HaHa, It was't easy for me as I was use to drinking and the weekends were hard but then after a while you get really self-righteous!
Maybe if you put a spoonfull of Apple Cider vinegar in our drinks we could keep going unhurt?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Do a liver cleanse, there are several recipes out there, in my case, I bought a book called 'The Amazing Liver Cleanse' and it really is amazing, it does work. It cleared my Liver of about 1500 Liver Stones,[two of them were 3/4 of an inch in diameter!
You will need to do the procedure four or five times, but when you have finished, you will feel ten years younger!

Good luck,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thanks Horsegiver.... I'm in China now and don't have time to mail order the book, is this similar to what you did?

The procedure was quite simple: I drink two glasses of organic apple juice every two hours for two days, eating only fruits and vegetables. At the end of the two days, I have one to two tablespoons of Epsom salts dissolved in water, followed by half a cup of olive oil with lemon juice at bedtime.

www.alternativehealth.co.nz...

BTW, just bought a load of dried plums and feeling better already... much more chilled....

More liver flush info:

www.joyfullivingservices.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I swear by capsicum for sorting out internal dirtiness (as well as external cuts/bruises/rashes)

My method is a bit savage but if you can handle it, it will have you feeling great in a few days once you get used to the pain (I find it pleasant).

I usually buy Scotch Bonnet's or Habenero peppers, they are extremely hot so dont touch your eyes when cutting them.

Best way to do it, is just eat them raw. I usually have a couple every day, and the left over bits of the peppers I wipe/squeeze the juice on any cuts/rashes I may have (carpentry makes tons of little cuts on your hands/forearms).

Do that, and you'll feel great in a few days.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You are hardcore TheReal.

But yes, they are very good for some people. My personal fave for an internal cleanser is ginger...

Best internal cleansers: Ginger, peppers, green juices, lemon or lime juice, vinegars, psyllium husk....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If you want to be a little "less hardcore", then you could just do the Cayenne Diet flush.

I think that a raw Habanero would have a lot more beneficial properties though.
For one, its got a scolville rating (150k - 300k) that is around 5 - 10 times higher than Cayenne pepper. The drying out process can't be as healthy as a turgid/moist pepper (IMO).

Also, if rubbing a Habanero on a wound is too much, then you mix an ointment of crushed aspirin and Cayenne powder. Should heal much faster than anything out there.

Used in combination with maybe the odd Psyllium Flush every couple of months and you should have some damn good plumbing.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yes, very similar, there are various recipes, the one I used involved Grapefruit/Olive OIL, after the week of Apple Juice.

Amazing results, just make sure that after you start taking the Epsom Salts, that you have unrestricted acces to Toilet Facilities !

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The liver Gall-bladder flush is what horsegiver is talking about and is the best cleanse I've ever heard of. I did it. It took 4 times to get all the debris out. You do it every other week until very little comes out, then 1 a year for maintenance. I used Dr. Kelly's version. The best supplements for the liver would be freeze-dried raw liver tabs. Glandular supplements must be freeze-dried and not defatted to work. The only brands I know of that make them are Ultralifeinc.com and Atrium. The best programs I know of are found at www.healthexcel.com and in " Cancer Curing The Incurable Without Surgery, Chemotherapy, And Radiation" by William Donald Kelley.

Oh yes, the Epsom salt solution is the worst, most vile tasting stuff imaginable, but is the most effective purge. Lemon flavored magnesium citrate works and is a pleasant tasting alternative. Also the cleanse will work without the Coffee enema but is better with it.

www.curezone.com...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Sargoth]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join