It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok to revive old threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm getting a little bored with what's current and would like to delve into the old threads, but is it acceptable to revive a really old thread?

I see people complain about new threads started when there are pre-existing threads and then I also see people complain when old threads are brought up to the front with current threads. When I say old threads, I'm talking anywhere from 6 months to years ago.

So, what's the best thing to do?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Virraszto, the best thing to do is to start the thread that you want even if the subject has been touched upon before by others.

Those threads were theirs to run, and you will have yours to run as you like. People here at ATS will go to threads they like, and will usually stay away from older threads that no one goes to.

So start all the threads to YOUR LIKING, and do whatever you want with those threads, you are here to learn and so are we. The more threads the more informed we all are.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
All the really good old threads were purged for being irrelevant.

I'll never forgive some of the MODs for trashing some of the threads that were stimulating, play on words, silly scenarios, subtle and fun.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I see no problem with reviving old threads. If new information surfaces, or if you have something you want to add to the thread, please do so! It will improve the quality of existing threads.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Am I missing something? I only see 1 page of Ancient and Lost Civilizations. Where are the archives?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I can see 51 pages. Are you looking at the right place?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I see one page of current threads and then if I click on the 'a' in the upper left hand corner, I see one page of threads dating back to 2004. Surely there are more than one page of archives?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Above the "a", you can see page numbers. 1, 2, 3, etc. and arrows. Use the ">>" arrow if you want to go directly to the last page.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I see what the problem is. I was using the lighter background and there was only 1 page. When I changed to dark, now I see all the pages.

Ok, I'm going to jump into these old threads. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I say bravo virraszto. I whole heartedly agree with Hellmutt.

RS i have to disagree with you. ATS is not about "people's own" threads. Its about collaboration and gathering of information and discussion of said info in one place.

ATS is not any one person. Its all of us.

Ill leave you with this quote.

When everyone strives to help each other, then we suddenly become more valuable than the sum of our parts.

Silver

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There are two schools of thought in regards to old vs new threads.

One says no matter what, don't make a new thread. It's bad, and a cat will come out of the screen and bite you on the hand if you dare go towards the new thread button.

The other says that old threads are irrelevant and so new threads must for the sake of continuity be started in order to put forth a new fresh perspective on subjects.

The reality is somewhere in the middle.

How about if you make a new thread, post a link to the old threads so that there is a point of reference? It creates context and allows people to use information already obtained to promote a new discussion.

new topics

top topics

join