It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Procedural Breakdown Possible Benefit To All?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A. Homeowner goes into foreclosure.
B. Foreclosure takes 1 year or so.
C. Homeowner forcibly evicted.
D. Homeowner spends night in motel.
E. Homeowner moves back into foreclosed residence (peaceful demonstration?)
F. Police arrest homeowner for trespassing.
G. Homeowner sent to jail.
H. Homeowner faces court date in two weeks, spends nights in jail.
I. Homeowner sent to jail for trespassing, receives free room and board for 6 months.
J. Homeowner released.
K. Homeowner moves back into empty foreclosed residence.

------------cycle repeats------------------

Problem 1: Not enough jail space - early release for nonviolent crime
Problem 2: Not enough tax dollars to fill jails with peaceful protesters

Government relents, looks for solution.
Government solution: program developed where homeowner pays rent to live in foreclosed home. Rent significantly less than previous mortgage.

Home devaluation continues as economy slides. Dow continues plunge to 5920 to bottom out by 2011.

Time necessary for foreclosure to clear homeowner's credit for this type of foreclosure: 2 years.

At 2 years, homeowner (given first option to refuse) offers to buy home at substantially lower price, paying 1/3 former house payment.

Bank agrees, price fair for newly devalued home.

Win/win situation. Housing sales increase, homeowners return to home paying less.

Contact your congressman or senator and suggest this rental/repurchase plan today. You may help stop a revolution....

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
YES! This is the ideal solution!

Those idiots full of testosterone planning to shoot their way to freedom just aren't understand the world we live in, They want to act like the big man, pretend they're brave when really they're just selfish and egotistical - but you sir have the most couragous and noble solution i've heard.

It take real guts to stand up and say, this is it do your worst i won't be cowered and i won't lower myself to your level -if enough people did this then the system would be changed before the first protesters got out of jail. They want people to fight them, they want shots to be fired -it gives them the reason to step up to the next level, don't give them the chance -stand up and say, i am a good man -i don't deserve this!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Someone has to have a calm, cool analysis with a practical solution that is best for the banking industry and the homeowner. I think this answers the need, and it's simple.

new topics

join