It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going To Area 51!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"You can play flash light wars with the guards at night. They blind you, you blind them. Hey, better photons flying than bullets. "

i've done that exact thing with the guards,... couldnt if they were having fun with it or if i was pissing them off. I had a pretty powerful spotlight too lol.

want a good laugh check out this picture of me? we came unprepared for how cold it was going to be on the mountain and took every piece of cloths and tried to bundle up. THis is what it was like to spend the night on Tikaboo in mid march...horribly cooooooold. Luckily alcohol doesnt freeze so we survived lol.

I will be going in late March and just bought tickets (like an idiot)... so i'll be hopefully much more prepared this trip. Your talking about walking straight up a mountain in snow that is sometimes waist deep...it really was a nightmare..but i hear the view is spectacular.

(we picked our garbage up before we left)

[edit on 26-2-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Please keep us posted.

Did you by chance catch the season final episode of UFO Hunters last night? They hiked up to a mountain about 20 miles outside of area 51 and got the most awesome hi-def pictures of area 51 ever seen. When you get to the top of the mountain, the whole area is revealed, lit up like an xmas tree. Also gave tips on the best place to view the air strips.

If you look at the History Channel website they may have some information on what mountain they hiked up to, sorry I don't recall and am too lazy to look it up (normally I would for ya but, me tired today.)

I was mesmerized by the pictures they revealed. Also, when they were checking out the perimeter of Area 51 they were closely monitored by what they deemed 'camos' in vehicles (was funny - the vertern ufo hunter dude seemed geniune that he was spooked.) They were also given a show of a couple of F16s flying overhead to intimidate them.

Be careful and report back! Have fun!

**Edit for spelling, again, too much coffee

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
they hiked up the same mountain and took the pictures from the exact spot i am at in the picture above (and countless others on this forum have also visited) . I also just watched UFO hunters last night...very inspirational. It was awsome seeing the rock wall my brother and I constructed last year. We built this giant rock wall basically to keep from freezing to death last March, nice to see its still standing. I think the telescopes we left up there for others to view are still there too !

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Those rock walls are OK. I will admit to knocking off a row on some rock wall someone built that was perpendicular to yours. You couldn't sit down and watch the base due to the height. Later, it was totally gone.

Someone built an incredible rock wall at the Power Line Overlook. It pissed me off since over a few visits, I spent time removing rocks so I could park by the ridge. Well, that rock wall was right where I parked. I left it along and drove on the brush to reach a spot on the other side. I used the fire pit in the rock wall once. It worked well. The BLM came along and knocked it all down.

I'm not convinced the Power Line Overlook is all that good anyway. The power lines make noise on the scanner. I have a GPS track of the route to the Power Line Overlook I could upload.

Back to Tikaboo, those "logs" used to make a nice bench that could seat three people. It really pissed me off that someone moved them, then someone else tried to burn one.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
that photo is not me burning the train track post!!
what the hell is that giant piece of timber doing anyhow on top of the mountain?!?

could you please u2 me some hot spots Gariac? I know your familiar with the area and I think you gave me some coordinates before (that i've yet to check out)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
hey there. me and the woman will prob be headed back to camp in april as well. our spring break is in april and the weather is really comfortable there come april.

i think we will be trying out a new spot closer to the border

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
hey there. me and the woman will prob be headed back to camp in april as well. our spring break is in april and the weather is really comfortable there come april.

i think we will be trying out a new spot closer to the border

About when in April? Maybe we could meet up or something, or would that be too weird?

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
@ Whisper;
I saw the show, best thing UFO hunters have done yet, in my humble opinion.
I say that because most their stuff has been less than. Maybe its me.
I can't believe Pat wanted to vacate the area just because he saw a pick up. I understand they would appreciate it if we didnt come by at all, but they've got to forgive a bit of curiosity into an Urban Legend.

@Hiii;
Love that pic of you in layers of clothing! I wish I was anything other than a tourist to the base. When I was in Rachel visiting, I had a deep seeded desire to want to stay there and get to no more. Maybe the people there seemed more like my people than Ive ever found. I knew i Wanted to be friends with them, but sadly I knew I was gonna go gawk for a few minutes, take a few pictures, and be on my way. Woah. That was Deep, huh?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

I dare you to take a drop dead gorgeous girl with you to dance in front of the guards at Area 51. They might like it and not mind if you stay a while then.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

I dare you to take a drop dead gorgeous girl with you to dance in front of the guards at Area 51. They might like it and not mind if you stay a while then.

Lol, well, find me one and I'll take her, I've seen some around where I live, not many, but a few, I know a crack whore that would probably go, she looks like a supermodel, but she's as annoying as hell lol.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

The best anyone can figure is the rail road ties were dropped there when the USGS visited the peak. I never really understood the connection, but that is the story. If you look closely, the USGS medalian was never stamped.

There are only two things I see on the LazyG, neither of which makes me any money. One is a T-shirt of the Open Range where the late Bill Whiflen augmented the sign a bit (which I can reveal now that he is gone), and the other is a T-shirt of a replica of the Tikaboo marker. I will warn you that the Tikaboo market T-shirt is kind of ugly, but it does represent how the marker looks, including the scrawl of 8000ft. I worked pretty hard on the graphics, even giving it a 3D effect, but the Cafe-Press reproduction doesn't do it justice.

When Tom Mahood did the first Tikaboo, it wasn't really the first Tikaboo. There was an existing rock wall on the peak to use for cover while watching the base. I'm not particularly convinced the base is ever caught off guard, the one exception being I showed up one winter and drove the snow covered Groom Lake Road and found no camo dudes. A chopper showed up and then eventually the dudes arrived.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Perhaps you haven't heard about the Divine Ms. M:

Divine Ms. M

There is also a story, though I don't have first hand knowledge of this, about a group of good looking college age women that drove up to Groom Lake as part of a Las Vegas Bachlorette party. I don't know exactly how it happened, but they managed to surround a camo dude vehicle, basically stranding the dude on our side of the border. The girls pounded on the truck, and the dude just held the wheel and stared straight ahead.

The dudes have some really funny training for such situations. There was one time a dude was trying to sneak up on a gathering at the front gate when a film crew from MTV was present. [Again, a story I heard but can't verify.] The dude was lit up by a Hollywood style beam of light, and he put his arms in the air to look like a Joshua tree.

It's a job where you "just don't get no respect!"

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Have you driven to Bald Mountain?

Start here
N37.52244 W115.58178

There are a number of border spots up there. The southern one has a motorized camera that they may use on you. They don't run the motor often.
N37.49171 W115.67344

This location is a spot they can't view
N37.49392 W115.69918
At one time, that would get you the chopper, but nowadays they just send the dudes. The dudes arrive in one of two ways. One route take them on the ET highway. The other route is over what I suspect is pretty rough terrain, and they end up at that southern entrance.

There is no border location that the dudes consider OK for you to hang out unobserved. What you may find is the dudes shadow you by driving along the ET highway and watch you from the road.

Besides the waypoint above where they can't see you, there are small areas where you can't be seen from Bald Mountain, but I suspect they are augmented by other cameras. [I haven't proven this yet.]

You can load up this kmz
www.lazygranch.com...
Bald Mountain Google Earth KMZ

In theory, they can't observe parts of Rachel. I haven't verified this map, but I generatied it from 1 arc second USGS digital elevation models. I posted quite a few overlays on alt.conspiracy.area51 .

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

Originally posted by rangersdad

Lol, well, find me one and I'll take her, I've seen some around where I live, not many, but a few, I know a crack whore that would probably go, she looks like a supermodel, but she's as annoying as hell lol.

-Lahara

Well if you really want to take along your wife go ahead

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Lol, that's a good one.

Yeah, I haven't found any women who dig the kinda thing I'm into, people just wanna be happy and there's not much happiness in conspiracfy theories, plus I'm fat lol.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The dude was lit up by a Hollywood style beam of light, and he put his arms in the air to look like a Joshua tree.

thats freakn hilarious. Interesting training...embarassing but interesting!

also i'm confused...

Bald Mountain is within the NTTR Boundry, how can we camp there? I'm sure i'm mistaken.

also i'm not sure what the 4 giant "X" marks are going across a51 on the kzm file you left...

[edit on 27-2-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
reply to post by rangersdad

Lol, that's a good one.

Yeah, I haven't found any women who dig the kinda thing I'm into, people just wanna be happy and there's not much happiness in conspiracfy theories, plus I'm fat lol.

-Lahara

Women wont mind if you have a fat wallet....all girls love rich guys...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

By Bald Mountain, I meant the border of the base at Bald Mountain. I didn't know you were looking for a camping site.

You probably don't have much memory in your PC. Your Google Earth should look like this:
Bald Mountain viewshed

I posted a camping camp in that other thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If you have a video camera take it with you tape everything but have a blank tape with you. Every night take the good tape out of your camera and put the blank tape in. Area 51 employees are notrious for illegal coming down to campers and stealing and confiscateing their property even though they are not violateing area 51 perimeters. They also like to do scare tatcics rideig trucks fast by bystanders or swooping down with helicopters. If you can get that # on camera it'll be a great fu to those people and maybe, just maybe make people mad enough in the general public they start demanding some answers.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
On behalf of the base force protection unit I can assure you that if you are caught taking pictures you will be roughed up, the only reason I say this is that my tour of duty is almost up, and I'm tired of patrolling your far fetched,bull web-site searching for threats against the base, being a security systems officer I have personally been inn every building (minus 72b) and have pictures of some of these buildings, there ARE NO ALEINS HERE!!!!, just alot of weapons you don't want to be on the bussiness end on, just so you know senators and even the CIA sub-secretary have been denied tours, so unless you want to get arrested or worse I highly suggest not attempting to make contact with Base Force Protection Officers they are taught to give 1 warning after that the pain starts coming.

LTJG P.D Ackermann
Groom Lake FORCE PROTECTION
GS-05
Badge Number: 834-2251b

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join