It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going To Area 51!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If Area 51 is actually anything, it is a Honeypot and not actually a real secret facility.

It is probably designed to trap espionage agents and the like.

A true Secret Facility would ACTUALLY be secret don't you guys think?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
What a misleading thread title...I thought you were actually going to Area 51.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
What a misleading thread title...I thought you were actually going to Area 51.

Well, yes I am actually going to Area 51, I never said I'm going inside Area 51.
Area 51 is an area on the USGS maps, Dreamland/skunkworks is the base though, I'll go there if they let me.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
we want pictures and videos lol, don't forget to bring one with you
and then please post them all here

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Relax... He's not talking about breaking into area 51 he's not even talking about anything illegal. He's talking about getting as close as he legally can. Like every body else. Oh and screw the government, or who ever reads these posts. Im not afraid of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
so you look like jack black and plan to climb Tikaboo Peak?.....uh huh.. do you even know how to get to it!?!?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1[/iDirtbikes dude the cammo goons cant catch you on dirtbikes!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
so you look like jack black and plan to climb Tikaboo Peak?.....uh huh.. do you even know how to get to it!?!?

Hiii is right. If your planning on going the Tikaboo route, you better get some cardio going now. I was informed in Rachel that its a very strenuous demand on the body. Hearing two guys talk about it changed my plan on even thinking about it.I wish I could offer more on that.

All I suggest is take everyones advice on where you can go and where you cant literally. The people I met at the Little Ale'inn as a tourist were very helpful to me. I suggest you make it your first stop. They sell maps on how to get to the signs for like, a quarter. The people at Rachel have a way of telling whos a tourist and whos doing research, or whos thirsty. People who go into the Ale'in are one of the three. I went in as a full on tourist, with my wife, and her Dad and little brothers. We bought a few souvenirs then headed to the black mailbox, then the signs. We saw a few cammo dudes, did our "oohs and aahs", and pointed at fun stuff, and then were on our merry way. I saw maybe 4 or 5 cars in the short time we were out there who were doing the same thing, so expect the security at the signs to humor you, but dont cross the signs. I came VERY close to one, and a pick up up on the hill turned on its headlights, and lurched forward. That was enough for me!!!

All in all it was a very good trip, and even my wife talks about going back.

No UFOs, no Top Secret aircraft, not even a single UCAV. Still good times.

Get some pictures, be respectful, and have a good time.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yep, I have the location on Google earth, with a trail marked out, looks sorta steep from what it looks like on google earth, Tikaboo peak looks to be about 26 miles east of the actual base, looks like I go down (from Rachel) 375 east turn right at US 93, go down past Upper Paranagat Lake about half a mile and turn right onto Old Corn Creek Road, about 5 miles down, take a right at the fork and about two miles down there take another right, going back up northwest about 10 miles and there I am at the beginning of the trail, only thing I;m not too sure about is if that is the best way for a car to go, are there any desert rats who would like to help out? I'll bring my telescope if I can find all the lenses for it (I'll have to dig through the garage, ugh).

And yes, I will have plenty of footage, my friend Jeff is bringing his HD camera and I'm bringing my crappy digital video camera, I'm sure it's goning to be awesome, and of course I'll show you guys everything I can here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthulu

Hiii is right. If your planning on going the Tikaboo route, you better get some cardio going now. I was informed in Rachel that its a very strenuous demand on the body. Hearing two guys talk about it changed my plan on even thinking about it.I wish I could offer more on that.

All I suggest is take everyones advice on where you can go and where you cant literally. The people I met at the Little Ale'inn as a tourist were very helpful to me. I suggest you make it your first stop. They sell maps on how to get to the signs for like, a quarter. The people at Rachel have a way of telling whos a tourist and whos doing research, or whos thirsty. People who go into the Ale'in are one of the three. I went in as a full on tourist, with my wife, and her Dad and little brothers. We bought a few souvenirs then headed to the black mailbox, then the signs. We saw a few cammo dudes, did our "oohs and aahs", and pointed at fun stuff, and then were on our merry way. I saw maybe 4 or 5 cars in the short time we were out there who were doing the same thing, so expect the security at the signs to humor you, but dont cross the signs. I came VERY close to one, and a pick up up on the hill turned on its headlights, and lurched forward. That was enough for me!!!

All in all it was a very good trip, and even my wife talks about going back.

No UFOs, no Top Secret aircraft, not even a single UCAV. Still good times.

Get some pictures, be respectful, and have a good time.

Hey thanks kthulu, for being the Lord of all that is Evil you're not too bad of a guy lol, btw, I'm pretty good at climbing mountains, have my whole life, been up some pretty steep ones. I know that everything that is interesting is over in the west part of area 51, over in the mountains over there, that's where they have the ufos I guess, ya know, it sure would be neat if they would fly something, anything cool over there when I go there, maybe even just a black helicopter flying low, that would be good enough for me, but I'd really like to see a ufo, anyone know how to get into the west of the mountains legally?

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Me and a friend went to Area51 about 10 years ago - it was a VERY strange experience. It was also very cold at night.

Make sure you check out the restaurant/pub called "The Lil' Alie' Inn" (or something like that) which is in the town of Rachael just up the highway a few miles. They have a pool table and TONS of cool pictures on the walls of all kinds of crazy UFO stuff. They have UFO books, photo books, etc., scattered around everywhere.

When you approach the entrance of Area 51, don't be surprised if the security make themselves seen - they do it to intimidate you - but you're cool as long as you don't do anything stupid. The road out to the entrance gate is surprisingly wide and flat and in good condition. The security passed us in a white Jeep Cherokee while we were driving down the road (arrived at night) after coming out of literally no where. They must have driven up behind us with their lights off. We got a good look at them, and they looked mean.

There is a turn around spot just before the gate where we hung out for several hours (in hopes of spying a UFO!).

We didn't sleep near the entrance though - we were alone the entire time and didn't see anybody else, except for the security - it was weird knowing we were being watched - so we camped on the other side of the valley. Woke up in the morning thinking I was being abducted because of strange sounds and vibrations (seriously) but it turned out it was the sonic boom of some military aircraft.

Have fun!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Great story bro, sounds like ya'll had a really fun time, yeah, I think I'll try and make friends with the camo dudes, I bet they get a lot of people acting like butts to them, so I bet it would be nice to have someone treat them nice for once.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Your first trip to area 51

I've parked this webpage here temporarily. Copy the contents since the link will be pulled eventually for use on another website.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Your first trip to area 51

I've parked this webpage here temporarily. Copy the contents since the link will be pulled eventually for use on another website.

Hey, thanks for the great info, I have it in my favorites now.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Tikaboo Hike

This is one for how to do the hike. Eventually these are going on a different website.

You should note that April is a bit too early to do Tikaboo. It is possible there will be snow on parts of the trail. May is better. It is possible April will be OK, but it is a toss up. Often April at Tikaboo is a ski resort. Probably the snow will not be high enough for an avalanche.

The base depends on few people doing the hike, and virtually none from November through March. I camped out on the peak in November and in the morning the entire inside of my tent was wet from condensation, I assume from my breath.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hey guys, what do you think about me contacting my congressman and asking him to get a hold of the USAF secretary to see if I can get a tour of area 51?

I think it may be a pretty good idea.

I know the FBI doesn't have a file on me, so I'm probably good to go as far as weather I'm safe or not to let in.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You can stay at the Little Alien, a cafe with rooms for rent. Try the Alien Burger, it's delicious. They can tell you all of the things you can do in the area.

Be sure to check out Tikaboo Peak, and both gates. And guard shacks!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109

Relax... He's not talking about breaking into area 51 he's not even talking about anything illegal. He's talking about getting as close as he legally can. Like every body else. Oh and screw the government, or who ever reads these posts. Im not afraid of them.

I wonder if he is going to do what some other guys did when they got to the gate? They had there video camera on and recorded themselves dancing in front of the gate in front of the guards there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by tac109

I wonder if he is going to do what some other guys did when they got to the gate? They had there video camera on and recorded themselves dancing in front of the gate in front of the guards there.

Whoa dude, that's like exactly one of the things I plan to do!

I wonder if the guards would do a little jig with me?

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

FWIW, the guards at the north (back) gate have a better sense of humor. The front gate guards are really cranky since they get the most tourists. Not everyone knows about the north gate.

Both gates now have tall towers for snooping. The back gate got theirs first, but a similar though more hidden tower showed up at the front gate. You can see the tall tower at the front gate in a gap between the hills. I don't have a photo handy.

37.344133° -115.656864°
is the location of the tower. You can see if from a location near the parking lot you reach just before getting to the front gate.

Regarding the north gate guard sense of humor, the guards ran the plates of a car parked near the gate. Then the guard leaned out of the shack waving the phone, called out the name of the owner of the car, and said "It's for you!".

You can play flash light wars with the guards at night. They blind you, you blind them. Hey, better photons flying than bullets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join