It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck:How was the news today connected? (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Glenn Beck on China and the Big Picture

I watched this today and i think he's right.

It's right there...all u have to do is put it together.

"Please buy our debt, we like more please!"

He's also very unapologetic about the thrashing he has gotten over his war room show, although it's not in this clip.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Something I wanted to add:

People are watching Glenn Beck which also means people are finding out about what is going on.

He's ranked 3rd in cable news. He's number 1 in his time slot.

Being ranked third is quite a thing, seeings how he is on at 5 est and 2pm on the west coast when people are still working.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I'll nibble.

He would double his ratings if he was on two hours later.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I was actually, given last weeks stuff with Glenn, thinking he might pick up on Jim DeMint's suggestion.
I put it on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With all the talk on here, I thought that a Senator speaking out like this would have brought a big buzz.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That's a possibility.

We'll see what happens. I just like that he gets out information that everyone else avoids like the plague.

The fact that people are watching will turn heads and hopefully get more people in the know and maybe get other news shows in the mix.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here is another twist and might give a little insight as to changes at Fox.

Here is tommorows headlines.
Don't ask me to post a link. I get insider stuff the night before.

Peter Chernin exits News Corp.
Murdoch take reins of Fox film and TV ops

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Open letter from Glenn Beck to his viewers.

A letter from Glenn to you
February 24, 2009 - 13:05 ET

I made a promise to you and to myself that I would never share something with you that I didn’t believe because your trust and my reputation are too important. My job is to bring you the news and I work hard at finding those stories that aren’t found on the front pages or to present stories from a different perspective or explain them as a series of connected events rather than isolated occurrences.

For several years I have been telling you that I was connecting a series of seemingly unrelated events that were forming a ‘perfect storm’. I told you that America was headed for perilous economic times which would challenge our fortitude, our resiliency and determination. I told you that we were headed for hardships most of us hadn’t experienced in our lifetimes but that we could make it through and although we would be challenged we would not be broken by the storm. Our country, our parents and grandparents faced difficult times and have always emerged stronger. I believe that if we make the right choices America can be better, stronger and more strongly rooted in our core principles and values.

The ‘perfect storm’ message has been tough for me to bring to you. It takes a toll on me and I know it takes a toll on you. Several of my closest friends and colleagues told me that if I didn’t shut-up with all the ‘gloom and doom’ talk my ratings and advertising would suffer—they were right—but I owed it to you to keep bringing you the message, and I did. When I talk about the ‘perfect storm’ and disenfranchisement I do it from a growing sense of concern that our politicians and elected leaders are increasingly out-of-step with everyday Americans. My plea to the politicians is for them to become re-engaged, to return to our core and shared principles and values and to stop the politics of left and right. It’s not designed to stir-up angst or anger but to focus attention on real and growing problems. To those feeling isolated my message is that you are not alone and that we surround them.

This ‘perfect storm’ hasn’t run its course. The government’s determination to fight free-market forces guarantees higher unemployment, more business failures and continued economic contraction. I don’t want that to happen but that’s how I see it. Unfortunately, more good people who have paid their taxes and played by the rules increasingly feel isolated and disenfranchised from their government as they perceive that those who broke the rules get the bailouts while they get stuck with the tab. Civil unrest and demonstrations are already taking place in Iceland, Ireland, Spain and Greece. Police experts are predicting a summer of ‘discontent’ with riots in England and tensions boiling over in more European countries.

I hope and pray that we don’t see that happen there and work tirelessly to prevent it from happening here. I have repeatedly said that, as Americans we need to work within the constitutional framework by seeking out and voting individuals of honor and integrity into office while voting those without a shred of common decency out. Anyone who thinks that I am calling for, wishing for, or hoping for anything more is not listening to the message but is more interested in attacking the messenger.

We ARE a great country. Our best days are ahead of—not behind us. We need to rediscover those principles and values that have always grounded us to goodness and God—because it is there where we will remember that our true strength and power isn’t on Wall Street or the marble halls of Congress but in the hearts of WE THE PEOPLE.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So David, I guess the White House called over and was worried someone might just actually stand up and do something.

You can see them clipping any MSM that has run stories or themselves have been speaking up.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ya David you keep looking for answers on the new station that helped facilitate this whole mess in the first place.

Taking the daily talking points from the WH for eight years... A true voice for government
that ran up the largest SPENDING in history. A voice that actively sold the Last presidents
FICAL POLICY, WAR etc...

I understand you want to talk about the present - but I think it is ill served to absorb
information from a SORCE that hires on teams profilers and psychologists to better SELL their news.

If you want answers, I suggest you watch OUTFOXED, then you will have no side and be the true indy you seem to be.

If you are just looking to nod your head - watch fox - THATS THE POINT.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Really?! So what in is your suggestion oh anointed one. You have been on several discussions knock whatever is brought up, but offer nothing.
Can you please offer some positive input?

If you have anything, I would love to hear it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by mental modulator

Really?! So what in is your suggestion oh anointed one. You have been on several discussions knock whatever is brought up, but offer nothing.
Can you please offer some positive input?

If you have anything, I would love to hear it.

I suggest we stop outsourcing all of our labor, end the war in IRAQ,
Raise tax's on billionaires, kill or enforce NAFTA, end the war on marijuana, close down some of our foreign military bases, enforce the southern boarder security, give CEO armed robbery charges when they crash a company, STOP suggesting turning OUR flag upside down - because our sons and daughters are dying in its name, socialize medicine, end corporate tax havens, crack down on social program abuse, increase higher education grants, raise minimum wage in return for a slightly better tax rate,
kill the federal reserve, tightening regulations in the housing and financial sectors, and make the punishment for purposefully bankrupting and debasing life in prison, limiting senate and congressional terms to 2 like the potus ...

And for you in Particular... I THINK YOU SHOULD INVEST all your money in the stock market in the name of the FREE MARKET!

Invest it all FREE MARKET BABY!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Ya David you keep looking for answers on the new station that helped facilitate this whole mess in the first place.

I know how fox reported the news. It was biased big time. I know that. Everyone knows that. The only show I watch on Fox is Glenn Beck and he wasn't on Fox during Bush's term. The others are beyond frauds to me. I never supported the war in Iraq although I did support getting Bin Laden at the time.

I believe facts that are represented to me and make my own assumption based on those facts. What do those facts show?

That we are headed straight to hell. You know that the spending is out of control regardless of what the last administration did. Democrats are losing it with their newfound power JUST LIKE REPUBLICANS DID and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

I wish the last 8+ years could be redone but they can't. We were all left with a gigantic mess that ALL of us have to deal with, regardless of who was exactly at fault. I just want it fixed. WE ALL DO.

The new administration is doing nothing to change that. If anything they've only stepped up the spending to insane amounts. It almost seems impossible to pay it all back.

The only thing that I can think of is that they are grasping at straws...getting all they can get out of the dollar while it is still worth something, OR they are purposely trying to crash the dollar.

We are in uncharted territory. It HAS to stop. You know it does. Everyone knows it has too.

Why isn't it?

I think it is ill served to absorb information from a SORCE that hires on teams profilers and psychologists to better SELL their news.

That can be said for any news source that has bias...which is basically ALL of them. You know that. I'm not going to look up sources...it's not even needed.

I just want to know, are u disputing the video? I had actually made this connection before I seen this as it seemed pretty obvious.

And if u aren't disputing the video, then what are you disputing?

You know that I'm against big government. Bush and Republicans have definitely been responsible for doing it, but right now it's in overdrive.

What I don't understand is that so many of you seem so willing to give our Government the reigns to just about everything so that you may see your ideology come true. Unfortunately it CAN'T happen because power corrupts, it always will. The larger the government gets, the more control it will have, and the more our constitutional rights will be infringed upon....just like it was in GWB's tenure.

Essentially we will be making our Government one GIANT COMPANY. Actually it's already the biggest in the world and look at where it has gotten us.

This is why I THINK states need to have absolute power, not the Federal government, just as I think companies as large as AIG should not be able to exist. It's too much power...TOO MUCH RISK for the little guy.

This country was created to preserve individual freedom. That is gone and it continues to get worse and it will only get worse if we continue on this path.

The path we are on CANNOT BE SUSTAINED.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by David9176]

top topics

join