It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove skips House testimony for third time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ok people let me educate you a little. The President of the United States can fire any US AG at any time for any reason. They work for HIM. Clinton fired every #ing one of them when he took office. Rove won't testify because there is NO CRIME here. This is what happens when gullible people listen to the main stream leftist media. Oboma is something else that can happen. I find it odd that the media has made you hate Bush and Rove so much that you forget THERE WAS NO CRIME!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One guy I'd love to just sock in the face, not usually a violent man but probably the only thing this piece of crap would listen too. A nice stiff jab.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ErnestT

Fact of the matter is that he was called to court three times, regardless of the charges if I skipped out on a court date for a speeding ticket I'd have a warrant out on me that night. Regardless of the charges he still should've showed per law, which he apparently doesn't abide by. So was he actually called into court three times? If thats false then whatever but if it isn't he's guilty and by the way Rove isn't president, at least not in my world maybe his.

The media has absolutely no affect on me hating Rove, he simply looks like an evil guy to me. Like he's hiding something, the most I know about Rove anyway was watching "Bush's Brain" but that has nothing to do with my opinion of him.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ErnestT

As TNT and others have said, Rove was subpoenaed or called to testify to make sure that there was no crime. What is his problem with it? Does the Republican party support the rule of law? Is Rove exempt from the laws? My bet is that he has something he's worried about and doesn't want to testify for fear of perjuring himself.
As I understand it, the removals of the prosecutors were tainted by the the fact that they may have been removed because they were investigating corruption of a republican politician.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Its not our Government, kneel before the Queen, Parliament and Sir Rothschild

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You guys want Rove to testify? Do you want the government to force their hand against Rove? Here's exactly what you do...

Ignore all subpoenas. Every one. Every subpoena, every warrant, every docket. Don't go. When you are arrested, complain procedural precedent explaining that if one citizen can ignore a federal subpoena without prosecution, than all citizens have the same right. If they wish to ask you questions and they force you to do so then Rove will have to answer his first.

The prisons will fill up with political prisoners, and the government in order to free the enormous amount of space these non violent offenders take up will force the issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

LOL

What an absolute JOKE our entire gov has turned out to be.

3 different times, federal subpoenas have been issued, 3 different times Rove has laughed them off and ignored them, and 3 different times, he has recieved ZERO punishment for doing so.

Now ask yourselves the question, if any of us ignored a subpoena, what would happen to US?

Just goes to show you it is nothing more than a giant circle-jerk, dog and pony show at all levels of our gov when it comes to the law and accountability.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You got that right!!! There is no CHANGE that I'VE noticed! And I'm rapidly giving up on the HOPE thing too!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErnestT
Ok people let me educate you a little. The President of the United States can fire any US AG at any time for any reason. They work for HIM. Clinton fired every #ing one of them when he took office. Rove won't testify because there is NO CRIME here. This is what happens when gullible people listen to the main stream leftist media. Oboma is something else that can happen. I find it odd that the media has made you hate Bush and Rove so much that you forget THERE WAS NO CRIME!

Wrong... traditionally they resign at the onset of a new administration.
If you're going to educate people, then get a better source than Fox "News."
And ignoring a subpoena from Congress is indeed a crime, regardless of why it was issued.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Congress no longer has an enforcement arm for the law. They can charge Rove (or anybody guilty of same), but the enforcement of those charges are up to the Justice Dept, which Bush totally corrupted with party hacks. DOJ actively refused to enforce contempt proceedings against Rove.

This is one of the worst things Bush did to our country... the corruption of agencies that are by design non-political. If DOJ is full of hacks, then there is no valid enforcement of the law. Rove should have been in jail long ago, as should many others of that 'administration'.

The DOJ now has new, and maybe honorable, leadership, but the guts of DOJ are still corrupt with the hacks. It will take a while to clean out the garbage.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

"giant circle jerk"

yes its how its always been,our entire world is run be a class of imposters who are programmed to undermine society and humanity,and subsequently to cover it all up at all costs.

its wearing thin,people are noticing something isnt right,that is if people actually read the news and get their heads out of their happyness pills and waves.

i already see obama is making excuses sitting on the fence refusing to do anything....hes the same as them...a wolf is sheeps clothing...or rather an A.I disguised as a human as with about a third of the us government.

its is obamas duty to to act the good guy for a few years so the public/humans dont get suspicous that their govenrment is actually run by future A.I infilitrators hell bent on depopulating humanity...they need to pretend everythings ok now and again...

[edit on 24-2-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErnestT

Oh dear, how blind are they that don't want to see.
The Bush administration as a whole, and Karl Rove in particular, is guilty of numerous grave crimes both hidden and unhidden.

A few obvious unhidden ones:

1. Defying the Senate Judiciary Committee subpoena in 2007.
2. Defying the House Judiciary Committee's subpoena.
3. Defying the House Judiciary Committee's subpoena again.
4. Defying the House Judiciary Committee's subpoena again.

If Rove has nothing to hide, why doesn't he obey the orders of a Congressional Committee with oversight responsibilities to clear his name?

5. Election fraud (see K. Rove).
6. Unwarranted wire tapping of the electorate.
7. Authorisation of torture.
8. Launching pre-emptive wars with faked intelligence.

After the first HJC subpoena, George Washington Law Professor, Jonathan Turley outlined some of the legal implications to Olbermann. There won't be any legal implications unless this administration stops protecting the last one. As they work for the same people, that seems unlikely.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
For all of you Rove haters I need you to stop crying, get away from the computer, and actually talk to a live person today. You Rove haters need to get a life. You all just hate Rove because he is smarter than anyone that the Democrats could ever put up. He is doing what any normal person would do. Don't every testify about anything if you are charged for a crime. There is no crime here. They just want to get him on TV and get some bites to run over and over again. If there is a crime then Clinton also needs to be testifying because he fired every single one of those guys. This board is making me sicker and sicker every day with almost everyone of you who have this worship fetish for this President.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
LOL

And this circus act of unaccountability continues on:

On day of subpoena, Rove raked in cash for GOP

It's not exactly like Congress would have a hard time finding Karl Rove if they sought to enforce subpoenas they filed against him.

On Monday, as the House Judiciary Committee let a third subpoena against former Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove lapse, the tough-talking Texan attended a scheduled fundraiser in suburban Illinois.

Congress has subpoenaed Rove four times, and each time he has declined to attend.

Continued:

rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I hate this...
These people in our Government are corrupt as ...this man. They all have dirty laundry on one another. They all are most likely guilty of some crime..here or there. That is why you do not see any headway. The time is coming when they are taken down...and I think they know it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Because "Hussein" doesn't want precedence. He sure doesn't want anyone asking questions when he leaves! Heck, he won't talk now!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

"A nice stiff jab."
Indeed.
And then a right cross followed by a left hook.
Then I'd kick him in the junk.
I won't elaborate past that.

I don't care if there was a crime here or not. The man was subpeonaed to testify before Congress and he's refused three times..
Therefore, if he didn't comit a crime initially, he has commited three now.

Three that any of us would be sitting in jail for right now!

I love how the Bush supporters think anything these criminals do is justified.
(I know most of that statement didn't apply to the person I replied to. I just used the opportunity to respond to the guy who said there was no crime here. That's bunk)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Awesome explanation, but I just thought that was understood.

How else deal with this man? He apparently listens to absolutely nobody and would probably be the type of guy to kick the door in stead of holding it on the way out. This guy just reeks of absolute evil, does anyone else get the feeling that he wishes he was the king of the world everytime you see his face?? I just get awful vibes from this dude. Whatever he'll get his, Karma works in mysterious ways *cough* heart attack.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TNT13

Oh yeah. Just wait and see what happens if they actually do begin to put his feet over the coals...
The Lord acts in mysterious ways... Sometimes he chooses car wrecks that involve hookers and booze.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I like your thinking, but I don't think I'll willingly go to jail in the hopes that others would do the same also knowing that even if Rove went before them and things began to become heated, his former boss and best friend would have a Secret Service agent persuade Rove to throw himself down a flight of stairs and shoot himself in the back of the head with a 12 guage.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I see them all as corrupt. They all abuse the system and then jockey for position to see who is going to embarrass who first. I also feel Conyers is going after Rove because of the Fed investigation of Conyer's wife. I am sure that with Obama in power the investigation of her dealings will quietly go away.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join