It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove skips House testimony for third time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Rove skips House testimony for third time

rawstory.com

For the third time, the former Bush official – and newly crowned king of D.C. Twitterers – failed to appear before the House Judiciary Committee to testify about his alleged involvement in the firing of U.S. Attorneys and the alleged political prosecution of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman.

Rove's no-show Monday is not surprising – especially to Siegelman, who said Monday in an exclusive Raw Story interview that Rove will never testify under oath "because he is guilty as sin." Rove's attorney has vehemently denied that his client was involved in the prosecution of Siegelman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
LOL

What an absolute JOKE our entire gov has turned out to be.

3 different times, federal subpoenas have been issued, 3 different times Rove has laughed them off and ignored them, and 3 different times, he has recieved ZERO punishment for doing so.

Now ask yourselves the question, if any of us ignored a subpoena, what would happen to US?

Just goes to show you it is nothing more than a giant circle-jerk, dog and pony show at all levels of our gov when it comes to the law and accountability.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Its such a double standard! If that was you or I, we would be in handcuffs for not showing.. There's no justice anymore

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sounds like Obama is backing Rove now. He's never going to tell....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Once again we see that both parties are the same.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The complicity transcends party lines. Rove is more than just an insider.

However, that is not to say he hasn't a price.

Can anyone debate "Immunity"?

Mr. Rove is aware of, or complicit in a level of influence that MUST remain unknown. And there is NO doubt that we will never hear the truth from him. The best we can hope for is a public statement; but right about now, he's getting tired of all the pesky 'citizen's arrest' types that keep hounding him in public.

We'll see.

I won't deny it's not justice that I would seek for this man, it's a reckoning.

And, has the establishment offered any justification as to why he hasn't been arrested and brought to testify, as is called for in the law of the land? Or are there no BAR members willing to take on the charge?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Officer you must be confused...The name is Rove. Karl Rove if you look at the 100th Amendment in the constitution you will see I can do whatever the f*ck I want. So F*ck yourself and have a good evening.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
He is like Smoking Man from the X-files...

Nuff said

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Two party crime family. What else can you say. This technique of divide and conquer the government is using on is is becoming painfully clear and its affect on the people is wearing down. Its becoming more and more clear our government is truly a dictatorship with no rule of law. Our judiciary is sitting in a corner as we speak in the fetal position rocking back and forth with their thumb in their mouth. Our government is disgusting. Between this and all of the Chinese bailouts I mean err banking bailouts....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What juice does Congress have, anyway? If they hold Rove in contempt of Congress can they jail him?

Any legal counsel out there?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
What juice does Congress have, anyway? If they hold Rove in contempt of Congress can they jail him?

Any legal counsel out there?

I'm no lawyer, but I KNOW he can be jailed for the offense.

PROBLEM IS THEY WON'T CHARGE HIM!

The reason for that eludes me.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Maybe it is because Rove has some dimes that he can drop on members of Congress.

The ball is back in Congresses court, let's see how far they push the issue.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. That man belongs in Jail. He's a criminal of the highest order, and this idea that he can just skip out on a Federal subpoena is ridiculous. Do these idiots have any idea what happens to regular people if they don't pay a parking ticket?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
See this is what I couldn't stand about the last 8 years... this serious lack of a personal demonstration of responsibility and accountability. Even if it is a sham, for god sakes at least act like an adult.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Knowledge is power and Rove is the Superman of politics. He knows everything that has happened in DC (pun intended) since before Bush Sr. There is no way that Congress or President Obama is going to press this guy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Do you think Rove or Bush himself would sit idly on that mountain of intelligence they obtained while illegally wiretapping journalists, rival politicians and pretty much everyone else. Extortion and blackmail are the tools of the trade for the elite.

I wonder what dirt Rove found on John Conyers?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
" I am the Law"-Judge Dredd

Apparently they are above the law.

"It depends on how you define IS." -Bill Clinton

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

It's time for the people to march on D.C. with scythes and pitch forks in hand. It's coming.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
A Rove indictment would open the floodgates. Bush, Cheney and many others would lose their immunity. Filthy facts would be exposed and the media would be obliged to air them.
Watergate would look like a carnival sideshow by comparison.
The system would be prosecuting itself - that's never happened yet.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

It's time for the people to march on D.C. with scythes and pitch forks in hand. It's coming.

Sic semper tyrannis!

Go get 'em, guys, you'd have the support of this entire world if you did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join