It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what i love about ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ATS has got to have some of the hottest females on any conspiracy boards out there. I love the new web cam intro's that have been posted lately. All I want to know is where are all these lady's at?
If I even start to bring up a controversial topic and most females look at me as if I grew a third eye or nose!

Keep up the web cams lady's, I for one really enjoy them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
lol agreed

I have made the mistake of talking conspiracies while on dates and wow bad idea glad to know there actually are open minded, intelligent girls out there!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

No offence but your post could make them feel more like meat on display than people with something to say. I am not trying to say that was your intent just giving you a heads up.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think there's a conspiracy to keep beautiful women from talking about conspiracies. They're probably all around you. You just don't know it.

Wethesheeple - You should use a variation of this for an avatar.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

lol I like. If I was even halfway decent with using a computer I would be all over making that the new avy... I just learned how to edit pictures yesterday.... baby steps.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What I love about ATS is that I care more about what people have to say than what they look like.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

I cropped a couple of images for you.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be88ca0798f5.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9b024b79873.jpg[/atsimg]

(Instructions for saving and using new avatar.)

(click to open player in new window)

What's so great about ATS? Everyone wants to help you with what ever you need.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I was thinking about doing a Vlog............I changed my mind.

Rush

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I don't think he meant it in a demeaning way at all. I don't understand the problem here... the OP was commenting on the brains and beauty of ATS girls here maybe I read it wrong?

BTW thanks Dbates I will add one in a bit

Very funny vampire video you made.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Wethesheeple]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Even meant as a compliment. As I believe he was doing. It will makes them feel like their words are less important than what they look like. Push has sated the opinion of many of the females posters opinions. This site is about you ideas about how you feel about certain subjects.

There has been several immature comments made about the lovely ladies of ATS. That are frankly rude as hell towards the ladies. Also comments about the pictures not being of them and just pulled from the internet. Who want’s to be called a liar? It’s sad that a few immature individuals mess up the opportunity we have with the media site to get to know the people we have befriended her a little differently.

To the ladies of ATS I apologize for the rude and immature males. And would like to let you know that there are some here who care for your opinions.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

And here i was thinking this thread would be pointing out the great layout of the site, the amazing exchanges of free thought and ideas... or the cool moderating or the randomness of the threads sometimes...

Ah well....

What's with all these "pointless/shallow" threads about "hot-chicks" recently???
Seriously???

:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Believe it or not this is likely to be more hurtful to those who don't feel they are that attractive and may be self-conscious to begin with. But then I guess the 'ugly' ones should be used to being ignored.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
I was thinking about doing a Vlog............I changed my mind.

Rush

F.Y.I. the issue of inappropriate comments in member videos is being addressed. Don't let that put you off from making a Vlog. I don't know if you noticed the attention that a recent unwanted comment gathered. Anyone who is thinking of making a dumb comment should note that it's a great way to get shown to the door.

SkepticOverlord -
FYI: [Unnamed Member] has been banned from using the media portal. Working on allowing members to manage comments.

Get out there and make a Vlog. If I can do it anyone can.

EDIT: I just noticed that the ability to delete unwanted comments is now live.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I concur. The ability to delete comments is now online. I tested it with what I refer as a "less than mature" comment in one of my Vlogs and it worked.

So feel free to post the Vlogs, things are under control and now you have the ability to get rid of them and of course the staff (mods) can boot people as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well i'm not sure if my post offended anyone but i'd like to apologize to anyone that was. I'm very sorry that was not my intent hope you will forgive me. thanks have a great day!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
GOOD LORD! I only meant to compliment the females who contribute to the discussions on this board. I should have known better. Too many people read WAY to much in other peoples posts. Thats why Ive only posted maybe 5x in two two years.

With some everything has to be twisted, tweeked and made into something other than what it is intended. I noticed when we had the members "photo" post nothing was said when others commented on the looks of a person.

That was individualized. Atleast I kept a broad spectrum. Im sorry if I offended anyone. From now on I'll make sure that I'm as critical with my reply s as some were to mine.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Your post below somewhat contradicts your previous post....

Originally posted by HooHaa
GOOD LORD! I only meant to compliment the females who contribute to the discussions on this board. I should have known better. Too many people read WAY to much in other peoples posts. Thats why Ive only posted maybe 5x in two two years.

With some everything has to be twisted, tweeked and made into something other than what it is intended. I noticed when we had the members "photo" post nothing was said when others commented on the looks of a person.

That was individualized. Atleast I kept a broad spectrum. Im sorry if I offended anyone. From now on I'll make sure that I'm as critical with my reply s as some were to mine.

Originally posted by HooHaa
ATS has got to have some of the hottest females on any conspiracy boards out there. I love the new web cam intro's that have been posted lately.

Which part of the above is complimenting the females on their contributions to the discussions.... I'm lost..???

All I want to know is where are all these lady's at?

And why would you need to know where these ladies are??

If I even start to bring up a controversial topic and most females look at me as if I grew a third eye or nose!
Keep up the web cams lady's, I for one really enjoy them.

I'm sure you do....but nothing you have said in this post infers that you value the contributions or content of what the ATS ladies have to say???

I await your critical response.....:shk:

[edit on 24/2/09 by blupblup]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I know you men are really trying to communicate your enthusiasm about, and appreciation of, the women on ATS. It might help, though, if you didn't call them (us) "girls."

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ah well....as i thought, no reply.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is not particularly directed at the OP or anyone else on this thread, just some of my thoughts on an issue that keeps coming up.

For what it's worth, I honestly believe the OP was just trying to compliment ATS women and express something that gets said a lot in the Member Pictures thread: wow, we don't all look like conspiracy theorists do in the movies.

I think my favorite version of it, I forget who posted it, was: "Everyone is so, well, clean!"

The trouble is that as women we are often hyperaware of our appearance and of being sorted into groups based on our appearance anyways. And there's a line between being complimented on our appearance and being judged on our appearance that men don't always seem to be aware of. One thing that these "hot women vloggers of ATS" threads have done is create such a category, which is no fun for the women in it, who end up feeling like a piece of meat who can't get heard, and no fun for the women outside it who end up feeling unattractive.

To a certain extent this is inevitable. We are human, and on a site that's got more male members than female members it's not surprising that attractive women would get the most views – at least for their first vlog. The fact that a couple of the women have posted more than one video, and continue to get high viewership, suggests that people like the videos as well as liking to look at them.

It also may be complicated by the fact that some of us have interacted with each other much more than we have with others. There are male members of ATS who I've had a lot of interaction with and grown to trust (and believe that they're listening to what I say). If one of them were to make some comment about my looks on a vlog, that might not bother me. We have comfortable/joking relationships.

But if some man who I've never interacted with before makes the same comment, I will perceive it as somewhere between chauvinistic and threatening, depending.

Just a suggestion for the guys: it's always a good idea to say something positive about the content of a woman's presentation before commenting on her looks. We're a lot more likely to receive a "and man are you hot" graciously if it follows "I was really interested to hear your opinion on ..."

BTW, what I love about ATS is the people, members and staff alike

top topics

<<   2 >>

join