It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. giving 900 million to rebuild Gaza!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yeah it's a very upside down world we live in.... Then we link Iran to funding Hamas militants so that way Israel has an excuse to target them, like I said before you can put the same spin on it here, we're giving 900 million to gaza so we must be funding and helping Hamas oooooh nooo.....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Before 1948, the Palestinians were self-supporting, and receiving handouts from no one.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by coolieno99]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

The US has been supplying Israel with weapons, technology and money since the end of the Second World War. This is a strategy purely to destabilise the Middle East and allow the USA to have some control over that regions oil. On that basis there really is no question that this very small amount of aid is nothing more than a cynical gesture and an attempt to absolve the American conscience.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by Founding

The Fact is that Israel gets 3 billion USD, and Gaza will only share 1/3 of the 900 million that is going to the Palestinians. The West Bank will get the other 2/3. Why is everyone so upset about 900 million, and not about the 3 Billion???

I know I can go to Tel Aviv, or pretty much any other part of Israel, and be welcomed as an American, whereas, if I went to Gaza, I would end up in a fight to the death, as the fine citizens would sit back and watch Hamas or other terror organizations attempt to kidnap me, or kill me. That's the difference.
Israel is our only friend in the region, which is why I have no problem with my money helping them out. This $900 million will be administered by the UN, so half will be stolen, and the other half will ho to Hamas.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
$900 million to rebuild someone elses country..and not one penny of it for AMERICAN citizens, a priority..tsk tsk tsk

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Israel shuold be held accountable financially..i mean i could see if this was a load to be paid back! But clearly, this isnt the case: (

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well, to me it looks like their plan has worked out for them, invade Gaza and take out all the people, and destroy everything. So, after it's all said and done, Israel can steal the land and build new houses and properties with the aid of the U.S. and the donation of 900 million dollars.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Israel shuold be held accountable financially..i mean i could see if this was a load to be paid back! But clearly, this isnt the case: (

For what, defending itself? Destroying military targets? Every building in Gaza isn't worth $900 million. How about telling Hamas to stop using civilian and government buildings as weapons caches, bunkers and platforms to launch rockets? It is never their fault, though, is it? Seems it is always the Jews who are blamed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armin
Well, to me it looks like their plan has worked out for them, invade Gaza and take out all the people, and destroy everything. So, after it's all said and done, Israel can steal the land and build new houses and properties with the aid of the U.S. and the donation of 900 million dollars.

Really? Can you provide pictures showing how all of Gaza has been leveled, and the whole population killed?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Of that 900 million, only 300 million is going to Gaza, the rest is going to the West Bank, and none of it is to be used for rebuilding. All of the money going to Gaza is earmarked for "urgent humanitarian needs" like food, water, healthcare etc.

After WWII Germany had to pay reparations for the damage they did. Israel should pay for the damage they did to civilian structures.

In the 8 years that Rockets have been launched from Gaza only about 20 people have been killed. Israel just killed about 1400 Palestinians in a few days after Israel broke the ceasefire, not Hamas. Over kill???? They sought to punish but did nothing to prevent future attacks. Israel is in violation of international law as an occupier of Palestinian territories. When Israel was created by UN mandate, 52% of former Palestine was given to Israel, and 48% was set aside for Palestinian use. Since then Israel has taken all but 12% in violation of international law. Hamas has stated that they would recognize Israel based on the pre '67 legal borders. Israel has never agreed to recognize the rights of Palestinians to have their own territory. Palestinians have every right to fight for their rights and freedom. Apartheid is racism, and was abolished as such in South Africa. Why is Israel allowed to set up a system of Apartheid?

A onetime payment of 300 million for immediate humanitarian aid is nothing compared to the 3 Billion Israel gets from the US every year. It is time that Israel stand on it's own, and for the US spend the money at home.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Of course, Palestine has no economy other than aid. When the coffers get low it launches a few missiles into Israel, Israel fires back and the UN send a peace broker who is more like the carrier of the blank check and all is well until the money runs out.

North Korea is now acting up...it's money is running out.

With luck the mere sight of Hilary will scare the heebie-jeebies out of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Israel should pay for the damages, But we all know where they get their money.....

Anyways, Israel is basically ethnically cleanse the area. look on google earth and type Gaza. You'll see acres and acres of land that had just been cleared.. Its FN scary..

[edit on 8-3-2009 by verbal_assassin]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Why Hamas, why not Israel?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by verbal_assassin
Israel should pay for the damages, But we all know where they get their money.....

Anyways, Israel is basically ethnically cleanse the area. look on google earth and type Gaza. You'll see acres and acres of land that had just been cleared.. Its FN scary..

[edit on 8-3-2009 by verbal_assassin]

You are right. The EU alone has given more than 3 billion EUR over the years for infrastructure and such. Time after time Israel destroys it. An example is Gaza Airport. Some buildings have already been rebuilt for four times and yet we continue to spend money to eventually let Israel destroy it again.

There was a documentary on TV last Sunday about a Dutch organization that subsidized local Gaza farmers, their local office had been fully destroyed by Israeli Soldiers. They wrote things like 'have a nice day' and the star of David.

The US needs to pressure Israel. As long as that doesn't happen, nothing will change.

Meanwhile the brainless (Christian morons) continue to defend these crimes while Israelis condemn them:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
They helped destroy Gaza, at least they are helping to rebuild it. At least pretending to, i doubt this will ever be passed.

Interesting to see the US support a democracy for a change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join