It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. giving 900 million to rebuild Gaza!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey Barky...

How about keeping that money at home for the AMERICAN people who you're supposed to be helping???

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Where is this money coming from? We don't have the money and we need to help ourselves before we start helping other people. I don't understand why we help others, yet they don't nearly help us as much as we've helped them. Look at America today. We're going to end up being homeless with absolutely nothing. OH yeah. I'm rambling now but why doesn't the actresses, actors, and anyone else who has BIG TIME money help us out? Who gives a rats ass about charities for other countries and all that. We need help, Who cares about their needs. We've already helped enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Admyrable
Where is this money coming from? We don't have the money and we need to help ourselves before we start helping other people. I don't understand why we help others, yet they don't nearly help us as much as we've helped them.

Middle East is the garden of U.S.
You destroy all here and than thank God you give 900 bucks then..
And still American citizens asking, "oh why are we giving money.."
Funny........

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

For the record its 900 million not 900 bucks. And I agree with Admyrable, the economy full stop doesn't have the stability to keep chucking money at problems that will NEVER fix themselves, let them flatten the entire area to dust squabbling over it and then there'll be nothing left to fight over.

America might be seen as poking its nose in a lot of situations but they give a hell of a lot of money as 'aid' and they do get very little in return, doesn't make much sense as to why it keeps happening to be honest..

Besides charity is money you DONATE not taxes you pay that are taken from you for use in other countries.. You're working your ass off for money you'll never see again! Money for law enforcement, keeping your own economy stable, supporting your own countries disasters and covering your own ass.

And thats coming from an Englishman by the way

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Let me try to say other way around, if it was too rhetoric what I was saying.
Do you know how much your country did spend to the War against Iraq?
How much money they spend in Afghanistan?
Google it, come with answers, than I will make a connection with this charity.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by deccal]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Do you mean my country here or America? What difference does that make either way? Iraq is a completely seperate matter, god only knows what the agenda was for that - more than likely oil but at the end of the day that was war.. this is the intervention of a country nowhere near the area affected while the 2 factions on either sides decimate groups of their own people... And I don't care about which side has killed more than the other, war is tragic - that doesn't need explaining, the issue here is money.

They don't care so why the hell should anybody else?!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

There is a region called Middle East.
Do you think each country lives there as a monad? (monad: check Leibniz)
Another question: Distance between U.S and Middle East, how many miles? Distance between Israel-Iraq, how many miles?
By the way, there was no war between U.S and Iraq, there was an occupation.
P.S:
Believe me, nobody in the Middle East wants the bloody money of U.S, except the warlords and their puppets.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Right yes I do know this.. I'm not saying you do want it, but its going somewhere and its a stupid waste of taxpayers money I just don't see why its being done.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't just an occupation in Iraq either.. theres quite a few dead squaddies who'd disagree if they still had the means to, I'm sure a war constitutes some form of force on both sides otherwise we could have just walked into Iraq in shorts & t-shirts having a solero with our shades on

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Have them pay for their own countries. Why the heck do we americans have to fork over and pay all these countries and also our GOV money when it's never really spent on us??

Seems like the New age of slavery.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So why doesn't Israel give 900 mil to give aid from the 3+ billion dollars we give them each year? We are going to be the ones paying for the damages inflicted? So if we're throwing in a giant bill to help the Gazans wouldn't that make us the biggest supporters of Hamas? I'm so confused at this point...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
With that much money, we better get some fine gaza women out of the deal.

Oh and to the wanna be merlin.. Gaza=nothing to do with the U.S.
They werent fighting because of us. We should have no reason to give them a freakin dime, regardless if Isreal is our ally. End of story.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't think that the US should give a penny for reconstruction until the following conditions are met.

1.) The current government of the Palestinians recognizes Israels right to exist.

2.) The government of gaza in the name of the people called the Palestinians renounces violence against Israel and instead declares peace.

3.) The government of gaza requests that the UN come in and police the area to insure that there will be no violence either by or against the Palestinians.

Otherwise, what is the point. There will just be another war.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Oh and to the wanna be merlin.. Gaza=nothing to do with the U.S.
They werent fighting because of us. We should have no reason to give them a freakin dime, regardless if Isreal is our ally. End of story.

Sorry but you have to read International Politics 101.
You know, some things in the world are slightly little bit more complicated than you may imagine.
By the way, it is not Merlin

[edit on 28-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Since I am reading the posts on ATS, I began to understand the inner politics of U.S little bit better. It seems many citizens of U.S are not aware what they country is. They do not know that U.S is a world empire. And ATS should be one of place where above average users are gathering.
Look, if you are a world empire, you can not say "Gaza has nothing to do with U.S". Middle East is most important place for this empire and Gaza is part of it. You know how much your empire profit from Middle East? Why do you think they invaded Iraq?
Anyway, it is a waste of time..
But you [for example wanna be Christopher Walken] have to see this: Your country choosed to be empire of the capitalistic world. Therefore you have to bear its consequences, whatever they are.
I hope your new black emperor should decide to turn this empire to a more democratic, peaceful country.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
With that much money, we better get some fine gaza women out of the deal.

That is a quite shameful statement

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First of all I don:t know where to start, we as,, citizens of the US are expected to pay $900,000,000 to rebuild Gaza, and what about Lebenon, that was also Destroyed by Israel, a few months ago,Do we pay for that damage also? Its bad enough, that the american citizens have to pay for the seperation wall, and $250,000 to 500.000 per family to compensate the mostly illegal settelers,for moving them off of Gaza and then add insult to injury, Israel, went in to gaza, and flattened every home and building that was vacated, with american made bulldozers, but why should Israel care it is not there money, just remember the statment made a while back, that was [Don:t worry, the US will do what we tell
them]I just hope Obama sees the light

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This thread cracks me up. 3 BILLION US$ to Israel is no problem, but 900 million to aid victims of Apartheid and an aggressive colonial power is? Israel wont even allow Pasta into Gaza to feed the hungry

Hamas has stated that they would recognize Israel at the LEGAL pre '67 borders. Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian land. That is why they are called the occupied territories after all.

As a well respected world leader and Nobel Peace Prize winner stated "Peace will come when Israel grants to Palestine only that which Israel demands for itself; a right to exist and a nation of their own.
60 years of misery and death have resulted from Israel's basic hypocrisy of demanding recognition while refusing to give it."

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Starving and the birth rates are still going up. That makes a lot of sense? You sound like some kid who just found enlightenment in a Nelson Mandela book. Try doing some research and looking past your own ego.

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

My comments are both factual and based on solid research. Your personal attack is a violation of the T&C and does not add to the discussion. I quoted a nobel prize winner (not Mandela) and offered a factual news item as well. I am neither a "kid" nor am I Ignorant of Mid East realities.

The Fact is that Israel gets 3 billion USD, and Gaza will only share 1/3 of the 900 million that is going to the Palestinians. The West Bank will get the other 2/3. Why is everyone so upset about 900 million, and not about the 3 Billion???

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This makes so much sense,America gives Israel 1/5th of all aid it sends out each year(thats alot for a self sufficient country) they buy your weapons,technology and bombers which in turn they use to flatten gaza and kill countless civilians,america then veto's an immediate ceasefire at the UN..after more devastation has occured and there is finally a ceasfire,america then sends money to cleanup the mess they allowed to happen in the first place..that right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join