It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. giving 900 million to rebuild Gaza!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The United States plans to offer more than $900 million to help rebuild Gaza after Israel's invasion and to strengthen the Western-backed Palestinian Authority, U.S. officials said on Monday.

The money, which needs U.S. congressional approval, will be distributed through U.N. and other bodies and not via the militant group Hamas, which rules Gaza, said one official.

Reuters Source

Um, where is this money coming from?

How many mortgages would $900,000,000 pay off?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Tabun]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tabun

Why is any country paying any money to Gaza for? If it werent for Hamas it wouldnt have to be rebuilt!!! Make Hamas pay for the reconstruction.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Spending even more money we don't have does us no good...Not only will this fund terrorism in the long run but it will just develope an even bigger hatred established in the middle east. This is not a good step, nor a good decision to base that much money on especially in a crisis. Where is that money going to come from? Tax payers? Ha!

Guarantee congress goes ahead with it though. Pelosi's probably licking her lips right now at this one.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tabun

How many mortgages would $900,000,000 pay off?

Are you kidding? This money should go to the banks!!!

Oh wait...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's almost like those brain dead morons in DC want violence thrusted upon them.

Nothing else could really explain most of their decisions.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not that I care, but one has to wonder what Israel thinks of this Olive branch.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Rebuilding it so Israel has something worthwhile to invade again.

Chances that money goes where its deserved???

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ah....3 billion dollars a year of aid money to Israel. That's the tip of the iceberg.

I won't be griping about 900 million anytime soon.

I'd like to see someone finally ask Israel to stand on their own two feet and make a life for themselves without all the hand outs they get from the West.

Besides that how much you want to bet those 900 million will be mismanaged...how many political organizations can you count on two hands let alone on one hand that doesn't mismanage or steal the bulk of $$$.

Most importantly though up until a few years ago only .13 cents of each dollar actually was used for "aid". Today it is .22 cents. Contrary to common belief that actually makes us rather cheapo vs other Western countries.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Make Scary ass Israel pay they some freaking baby killing land taking chemical using bullies. They give the fuel to make some kid who lost everything to them become a suicide bomber, what else do they have to look forward to.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is outrageous.

Israel bombed Gaza, they are the only ones that need to go in and do war reparations.

The people in the White House are really trying to send this country into something this country can't get out of so they can start up their NWO with the AMERO; all they are waiting for is for Mexico's government to fold, and Israel to attack Iran.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
But they'll like us after this
and more importantly the world will love us!

Hey, on the bright side we're getting $14 a paycheck and if you're really needy they'll send you a extra $1.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
what about the 3 trillion that rumsfeld said went missing in his press conference on sept 10, 2001 ?
it's said by some sources to have gone to the top level rabbi in israel.

they're re building the temple.....

creating zzzzzzziiiiiioooooonnnnnn

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
what about the 3 trillion that rumsfeld said went missing in his press conference on sept 10, 2001 ?

-

Really mods??? The holocaust thread is still in the middle east forum....hate-speech is at an all time high... and what are you guys doing???

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great we can't feed and house our own homeless children, but we can go in and clean up after Israel. Someone's head is on backwards or in an orifice it doesn't belong in.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why are you complaining, you leaders allowed this to happen or did you not happen to read/hear/watch that when all this was going on the former U.S. president was very okay with what was happening and the current U.S. president was in Hawaii.
But it seems that the american's have a high tolerance rate, or should i say that its citizens just dont care. This is the price that everyone pay for ignorance and a lack of human morality.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
well if it is anything like any other aid destined for Gaza, Israel will intercept it and spend it how they seem fit.

This is nothing more than a PR stunt with the approval of Israel to give the impression that the US doesn't always back Israel.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

Originally posted by prevenge

-

Really mods??? The holocaust thread is still in the middle east forum....hate-speech is at an all time high... and what are you guys doing???

are you ... freaking kidding me?

you call that hate speech?
What you said about my post was more hate speech than mine.

I was merely pointing out a transaction, did I insult anybody's ethnicity?
no.

are you too sensetive about your own ethnicity?
quite possibly, if you're going to go that far as to try to whine to the mods about what I just posted.

gaza gets millions... trillions even.. quit whining !

-
-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Dear Americans on this forum, who cry for this 900 spend to Gaza..
You are right to whine, complain and cry only...
if your country decides not to be the emperor of the world anymore,
if your country closes all the bases it has in the middle easti
if your country stops being a full threat of all the middle east habitants
if your country turns from a bloody profit making machine to its root, to its Walt Whitmanic ideas of a humanity,
if you, as citizens, all be active and try to realise the conditions I mention above..
then you have to right to complaine.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well sir at least you have running water and electricity and food... people in Gaza dont even have THAT!

But I understand your grievances. They ought to take the money OUT OF the military aid they give to Israel. All in favour?

And with the money they ought to spend it in the States (increase economy) making blankets and clothing and food. And send THAT to Gaza. Then NO group can spend it on munitions. Kill two birds that never should have been a problem in the first place with one stone.

Seriously, how hard is it?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tabun

Typical. Israel bombs the hell out of an area and we Americans get to pay for it. Not to mention all the money we give to Israel to begin with.

I say, if Israel wants to make and maintain enemies, that's their choice, but don't expect me to pay for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join