It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me your ghost story!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi all,
Ive been on here a while but never posted to often,but a similar thread was started on ufos so i thought i'd do the same here. Now im not asking for photos,video or any proof just wanna here your stories that you have been to shy to put up for fear of flameing.

Ok well i guess ill throw one of experiences first.
About 15 years ago my football team were on our end of year trip down the south coast of Sydney Australia, near Woollongong. We were staying in an old farm house/ property built in the late 1800's with a large Manor style house with an old stable converted into a bunk house. I had been there the previous year with my brothers team and we had heard a lot of creepy stories about the place and i relayed them to my fellow team mates,and the owners told us a few stories of odd things that had happend. One story that was quite sad was the story of a little girl who had died from a hole in the heart,she had been locked in her room and served dinner threw a latch in the door for fear that what she had was contageous(excuse spelling).
Now it was about 9pm and most of our team were playing around outside the main house when a young sister of one of the owners let out a chilling scream which grabed all of our attention,and as she was pointing to the upper level window of the house, to our sheer horror a transperent figure of a young girl floated out past the window and then disapeard. The movement of the girl was un-natural for someone of this world. The fear and panic that came over all of us was so intense, it was like everything went slow-motion. Hours later after lots of comforting from the coach and some parents who also saw what we did ,some of the guys were still crying and wanted to go home(they ended up staying in there dads beds). So in total about 25 people saw this and would still swear by it.
This was truely one of the best experiences of my life ,scary yes but still hard to top what i felt right threw my body to my soul.

thanks for your time and lets hear what you guys have tell.....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, there was this one room in my aunt's house, her daughter's room, that was haunted. The toys used to go off by themselves, even one's that had no batteries (I witnessed this). And at night my cousin used to talk to herself and bang her head against the wall in her sleep and always complained about bad dreams or that she saw people in her room. They had to move her out of the room after a while because she wouldn't sleep.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I used to attend Ohio University in Athens Ohio. It is said to be the most haunted university in the United States. Based on some of my experiences there I can't deny that it is not haunted.

Before attending the University I did not believe in ghosts or spirits but by the time I left my tune had changed.

One night my roomate and I were in bed trying to fall asleep when all of a sudden a stack of 4 to 5 pizza boxes were knocked off a shelf across the room. To say the least we both freaked out because there is no way the boxes should have moved. They were on a flat surface and even if they did just fall over they would not have been thrown across the room.

The next day my roomate confessed that he had been punched in the chest and whispered to by something earlier in the week and he kept it from me so I wouldnt think he was crazy.

We lived in Jefferson Hall one of the oldest dorms on campus. Although the university seems to be haunted it is an absolutely beautiful campus and I have not come across any other campus that can match up to it.

Here is site that gives some info on Haunted Athens if anyone is interested. It truely is a mysterious place.

www.forgottenoh.com...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

[edit on 23-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow guys they both sound great. Thanks for the replys. Keep them coming. toomany did ur mate understand what was whispered to him?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was visiting my grandparents house with my family. My mother and I were splitting a bedroom. So one night....

I woke up after feeling someone enter the room. I was on my stomach and didn't have my contacts in, so I was blind as a bat. For some reason I was sure it was my grandfather....sure, why not. The person sat down on the edge of my bed by the foot.

At this point, it starts to get a bit weird. As they sat down, I became paralyzed....but not uncomfortably so. I simply could not move or speak. A second or 2 later my pillow was unceremoniously pulled out from under my head and placed OVER my head. Two strong hands held the pillow down on either side of my head.

This is the point where the paralysis became a bit of a concern - and by that I mean I was silently screaming my head off. I don't know if I overcame the paralysis myself or what, but I was finally able to move my left arm out from under me and I reached out to my smotherer's wrist. As soon as I hit the physical place where I would have made contact.....nothing.

Literally nothing. The pressure let up over my head and there was no one on the bed. As quickly as it started it ended.

The next day I told my mom about. I was expecting her to say "Oh it was just a dream" or something similarly comforting (I was 12 and freaked out). NOPE. She saw a figure who did look like my grandfather enter the room, sit on the corner of my bed, and put the pillow over my head. She was so convinced it was a dream she did nothing...then.

My grandparents house was never used for anything other than forest. We had been staying at the house for a couple days with no prior incidents. Quite literally the only difference was, for the first time ever, I wore a ring to bed. It was new, silver, I got it from a local store in town. Nothing special, although I loved that ring.

Thanks for giving me a forum to share this story!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truespirit82
Wow guys they both sound great. Thanks for the replys. Keep them coming. toomany did ur mate understand what was whispered to him?

I can't remember if he told me what was whispered to him this was years ago, but I can say that I have not had a supernatural encounter since leaving the campus.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TooManyHumans
I used to attend Ohio University in Athens Ohio. It is said to be the most haunted university in the United States. Based on some of my experiences there I can't deny that it is not haunted.

i don't attend OU, but i've had girlfriends that went there. last time i was there we visited Ridges during the day. now that is a creepy place! also, in a dorm room, after asking the ghost to make its presence known, a tack board flew off a nearby wall. OU is a creepy place.

my own story:

Back in high school, a few of my friends and i were bored one night and decided to do some amateur paranormal research, if you want to call it that. my hometown of Shelby, Ohio, has a few "haunted" place according to local legend. so we grabbed the video camera, hopped in my friend's car, and made our way to each spot, then back home, nothing exciting happened. however, some very creepy stuff showed up on our camera when we watched the video. for example, you could make out words written on the windows of the car we were in. the only thing you could read was "you will die". now i don't know why any entity would tell us this, i mean thats a pretty general statement. as far as i'm aware, everyone dies. we were pretty freaked out though, because everyone swears it was not them that wrote it. in addition, we fogged up all the windows in the car and none of them had any finger marks. thats about as exciting as it gets.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

top topics

join