It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship exists everywhere..even on BTS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Censorship is practiced in our society daily, even here at BTS. I can't say s**t or f*** on this forum, I can't link to really disgusting websites or I'll get banned.

How is it that in the thread Film Censorship in Canada that John Matrix is able to post links to www.jafaentertainment.com... when the MAIN website that hosts this page is filled with nudity, violence against women and links to sites that glorify the killing or act of killing women.

I can't post the main page link, cuz then I'll get booted from BTS but it doesn't take a rocket scientist, maybe just a teenage boy to figure out that he can link to some pretty raunchy stuff from this thread.

So, is it okay to put up links that have a main site filled with nudity and killing for your kids to get at or should it be banned??

When is censorship okay??

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You're jumping the gun.

That thread is being looked into.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't get it..
Are you jealous because someone got away with linking to a page which itself,linked to an unsuitable page?

Or don't you get that saying those words you mentioned aren't suitable for younger members?

If people 'self censored'.. ie used common sense,then it wouldn't be necessary for someone else to do it for you.

If it's a problem you have with that thread,why don't you just u2u a mod?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onetofollow

Thank you nanookofthenorth, as elevatedone said it's being looked into.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thank you Mod.
I have filed a complaint with Bill re this thread. The link is totally unsuitable to a family forum.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Do you even have kids Agent T?
Teens don't have self-censorship built in.
The content is not acceptable for ANY mainstream forum.

The linkage provided is not obscure. It leads directly to the convicted persons own works and websites, so it is not some random link. You could just check it out for yourself. A little sleuthing can be a good thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I did check it,but following your link wasn't possible as it was a '404'.

As you said ,unsuitable.
But the matter is better handled by u2u'ing a mod rather than starting another thread bringing yet further 'impressionable persons' attention to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hmmmm...i knew the "ALERT" button had a reason for being there...
ya think???

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Sorry Agent T
I'm glad my link is 404.
I don't want to bring attention to it.
I contacted the mods by u2u during the weekend and no action was taken thus I resorted to my own thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Used it more than once. Does it work?????

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No probs.
I'm pretty sure the mods will have had a looksee.
The first time I actually typed in the original thread link I saw nothing unfavourable,only after trying again I saw some very,very tame nudity.

I think it could be forgiven supplying a link which itself has no problem,considering the substantial case John Matrix was presenting.

Not exactly a case of deliberately bypassing the censors for a cheap thrill.

You aren't 'Nanookofthenorth'? lol
Just he was getting his butt well and truly kicked in the ensuing debate.
And that would have made this thread a case of sour eggs..or spilt grapes or something

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetofollow
Censorship is practiced in our society daily, even here at BTS. I can't say s**t or f*** on this forum, I can't link to really disgusting websites or I'll get banned.

How is it that in the thread Film Censorship in Canada that John Matrix is able to post links to www.jafaentertainment.com... when the MAIN website that hosts this page is filled with nudity, violence against women and links to sites that glorify the killing or act of killing women.

Your claim is false and misleading. Theatrical performances are not to be confused with violence against women. Acting is acting and the women that do the acting have a right to express themselves through their acting.
Start taking the right away from women who want to act and artists pursuing self exploration and where does it end?

Only psychotics confuse theatrical productions and acting with reality.

Actually, that link is

www.jafaentertainment.com...

There is nothing adult on that page. It links to an unlawful sentencing decision made by a bias judge in a back woods town in North Western Ontario. This case is very important. The public needs to be informed and I am doing a service by presenting it on that rant.

I don't care for the materials. For me it is not about the subject matter. And it's not about violence against women. That is just too simplistic. It is about fairness and justice. If it is illegal for Smith, then it should be illegal for all. If it is legal for others, then it should be legal for Smith. It is a case of discrimination against a small film producer and it's about authorities abusing their knowledge of the system and their authority to pick on one person who made something that bothers them, and it's about authorities motivated by personal bias, prejudice, and hatred against Smith.

www.injusticebusters.com...

[edit on 23/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No offense...but welcome to the real world OP

Free speech is wonderful but what's so fun about cursing? Is it that important to you? There are underage viewers who don't want to hear it. You might wanna get used to it

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

How do you know so much about BTS censorship when You just registered 21/2/09

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetofollow
When is censorship okay??

When parents either install adult filtering software or use Internet Explorer's built in content filtering software, that's when censorship is OK.
It's up to the parents.

Baby sit yourself and your own kids with the software.

But don't force it on others. :bash:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Stop right now.

We're not bringing the arguments from that thread into this one.

This is your warning.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I've been a lurker for many years. Never felt the urge before to post.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

That would be ma sista!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join