It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Design Is A Created Theory Intended To Placate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Point taken. And I wouldn't argue against the fact that those who originated the idea had an agenda to support their religious beliefs. I also wouldn't argue against the truth that some who support the idea today also use it as a front for their agenda of religious belief.

So perhaps I'm missing the point by taking a tact that supposes to extract the idea from those confines and see if it holds water, so to speak. But as I see it, to discuss the idea as a tool of social engineering that's exactly what needs to be done. Since nearly every thought, in my opinion, is an attempt to engineer some aspect of society, even if it's only on the level of an individual.

But perhaps I'm out of bounds, so my apologies. I don't mean to take things off course.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Since nearly every thought, in my opinion, is an attempt to engineer some aspect of society, even if it's only on the level of an individual.

But perhaps I'm out of bounds, so my apologies. I don't mean to take things off course.

No worries.

I think ID from the Disco institute certainly wanted to engineer society. Renewing culture isn't a small aim, lol. Pity it was just warmed over creationism. It is a well-known philosophical concept and has a long history (going back to the BC greeks) as the teleological argument.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
An interesting question might be whether or not religion is an intelligent design. And man as well while we are at it.

<< 1   >>

join