It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus funds group commiting Felonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ACORN, the same group that we just funded with 5.2 BILLION in the Obama Spending Bill
Same group who was under investigation for voter fraud in 18 states this last election.

Unbelievable that we have to pay for this stuff.

Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program

Police in Baltimore today made what is believed to be the first arrest in a civil disobedience program aimed at supporting homeowners who refuse to vacate their foreclosed homes.

An activist with ACORN — the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now — faces criminal charges after breaking into a home in southeast Baltimore on Thursday to protest the foreclosure crisis sweeping the country.

"This is our house now," ACORN member Louis Beverly reportedly said after cutting a lock with bolt cutters at the home.

Beverly will be charged with fourth-degree burglary, according to Anthony Guglielmi, a spokesman for the Baltimore Police. Attempts to reach his attorney, Justin Brown, were not immediately successful.

Donna Hanks, who owned the home since 2001, lost it in September when she couldn't make her $1,995 mortgage payments. It was not immediately clear whether Hanks re-entered her home last week, but she was not expected to be arrested, Guglielmi said.

"If they're trespassing and it's not their property, absolutely, there'd by an arrest," a police source in Boston said. "If they were told to leave the property and they didn't, they'd be charged with disorderly conduct."

fox news

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Groups like this have no buisness getting tax payer monies to fund them.

It's the same one's that for the last decade, got people into homes they could not afford. They pushed really hard for this, and now the banks are the bad guys when the gig is up.
Not that I like the banks. They are all crooks too.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Being a squatter in your house is one thing, but these people cut the locks off to get back in after they where moved out.
I guess they can buy plenty of bolt cutters and lawyers with 5.2 billion dollars.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why don't they just give them an 8000 "tax credit" so they can move back in and lose their homes again in a few months?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Agree, that would be a better plan than giving it to Acorn.

2nd

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Gentlemen...

This group, Acorn, is not, I repeat NOT getting any money from the Stim-Bill... In fact they are not even mentioned in the Bill. They may compete for some funding to re-hab forclosed homes that are in depressed neighborhoods, but there are NO "earmarks" in this Bill... In the actions taken last year ACORN was the VICTIM for a scam, not the the prep... And they are NOT felons of any sort... Jees Louise, where does this # come from...

Disagree, argue and debate, but at least do it on the ground. You would be surprised how often this card carryin' ACLU type Aging Hippie Honky Liberal would actually agree with you...

I came looking for credible Planet X stuff, and found some real loonies, the Riechwingers of the Lost Planet...

Dallas112263

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oh how I wish I could give a one line response, yes I really do

Obama owes them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lock the whole staff up. one, for breaking and entering, and secondly for voter fraud. Lock all them bastards up. And pay for their inmate housing with the stimulous money they recieved.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The problem is that while the stimulus is to help "homeowners" about to lose their homes, it doesn't do much for those "homeowners" that already lost their homes.

Still many of this homes lay empty as the housing markets are on a slump.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We are a Republic of laws.

Is there someting that legally we could stop or take back the Stimulus money from them?
There has got to be some way.

I guess throw it in with the rest of the stuff when we finally March on DC.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The future,

z.about.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
The future,

z.about.com...

Awesome reminder!

That would be more like this thread

To me, this is just like getting permission. Hell Yeah!

www.abovetopsecret.com... e=1#pid5880042

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
L. Beverly, the ACORN 'member' who committed the crime of cutting the locks off, & is so charged....

can easily claim that he
(that is assumed, because the 1st name Louis is generally masculine)
did not act on order, direction, or instruction from ACORN...
but took the breaking-in action by himself...

hey, he's like a good roman soldier who falls-on-his-sword !

anyone that had a $1,950. month mortgage payment
should have had at least 2 back-up plans...
unless she had a really exotic insurance policy that paid kaboo-booles
of money for job-loss, wage disruption, severe disability.. etc

the gal had her fingers crossed, with little else done in a way to prevent a foreclosure...
I have no sympathy for her... she gamed the system -> And she Lost !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Actually I think it's a gal.
And, it was for Acorn, by Acorn.
They were on a Fox interview this morning bragging about it.
Well, until the finance guy ripped into her.

They just kept spouting the same crap over and over and not answering
the questions given.

new topics

top topics

join