It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMS(Chlorine Dioxide) Personal Experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I know what some people are going to say.... not another snake oil thread. But I ask first and foremost that people keep an open mind to peoples experiences and opinions on this topic. For those who are unfamiliar with what MMS is I will try to explain what I have learned on the topic. MMS is short for Miracle Mineral Supplement, probably the worst possible acronym to give it credibility. Let me begin by first answering some questions on why I am creating this thread and starting to take it.

Why would I take MMS?
I am not a beacon of health, but I don't have any any major medical problems. I'm pretty sure of this since I was lucky enough to have been involved in a study by the government to be tested for different toxins and general health assessment which came back with good results. I do though have family and fiends that have conditions that are debilitating enough to cause undue stress in their lives, and left untreated(or treated by Pharma symptom suppressors) could shorten their lives dramatically.

For this reason when I heard about Chlorine Dioxide I started looking for any information available on the topic along with it's side effects. After finding that their have been quite the positive results from this I decided to try it on myself to see if it had any credibility. If it does I could recommend it to those I know that have medical issues and hopefully return some level of normality to their lives.

Do I think Chlorine Dioxide is perfectly safe with no side effects?
With 100% certainty on this.....NO. Adding any foreign chemical to your body has side effects, but from what I have learned on the subject it seems to offer more benefits than it does drawbacks. With so many modern chemicals being added into our foods and hygiene products I figured it would probably take something extra to help clean the non-normal substances out of your body.
I do however know that there are no known long term side effects as of yet due to the short time frame that people have been taking this chemical. This is one of my areas for concern, but again this is why I am trying to find out if the benefits are worth the risk.

What is Chlorine Dioxide?
Chlorine dioxide is a yellow to reddish-yellow manufactured gas. It does not occur naturally in the environment. When added to water, chlorine dioxide forms chlorite ion, which is also a very reactive chemical. Chlorine dioxide is currently used in water treatment, bleaching of textiles and paper(It will bleach the object, but have no negative effect on the fibers strength or integrity.), as well as used in packaging of food to prevent bacteria infections(such as cheese and meats). In higher concentrations it is used to disinfect food processing equipment; no rinsing is required since it breaks down to harmless substances.
The science behind Chlorine Dioxide is unquestionable.. it kills pathogens while leaving most oxygen using cells intact. The concern comes in high dosages used in the popular treatment and its possible side effects on the human body.

Why would this help me?How would I know if t is helping me?
Like I said earlier... I'm not a beacon of health. I do smoke and try to eat healthy(at times).
I have problems with my ankle ever since I broke my heal and seemed like it would be a good indicator. Especially since it's been bothering me lately.

What have I changed other than taking MMS?
Nothing..... I continue all by bad habits as per normal so my results will not be skewed. I don't take meds for anything.... I try not to take any meds where possible.

Do I feel like it will work?
Initially I had major concerns on the matter and the belief that it would work.... Stupidity comes to mind the first time I took it... But, I decided to go through with it regardless of my concerns. As of day 6 I am still not convinced of its effectiveness but I have definitely notice differences in my health.

What have I noticed so far?
So far I am on day 6 taking 8 drops as per the mixing instructions. I have so far noticed the following changes in my health.
-runny nose(from day 2 on) minor
-stomach - is on a roller coaster ride. Nothing painful, just churning a lot. Eating about an hour after taking it usually calms it completely.
-Sleeping- first night was not great(mostly nerves second guessing taking the stuff) from the 3 day on sleeping has changed
- seem to be dreaming more(since I am remembering more I guess)
- getting a better nights sleep(waking up before the alarm goes off wide awake, and I usually only get 6-7 hours on average)
- Sleeping lighter... I wake up easier in the night, not a bad thing.
-Being a smoker for many years my breathing isn't bad, but after about day 4 my breathing is much deeper and clearer. I never expected breathing to be easier, but it is and is quite nice.
-My foot has definitely improved. On the second day the stinging joint started to go away, and has improved since. I can still feel that it's not 100% by any means, but the little it has done has been good so far.
-My mind- seems to be much clearer, but it seems to be groggy at times. This is one of the areas that I will put most of my attention in. If any major negative reactions are to happen, it would be my guess to be in the brain. If I notice anything majorly negative happening in my memory I will stop taking it immediately. Also to note, I do play FPS and Strategy games and have noticed no major differences in my reaction times or on strategics( I know, not very scientific, but it'll have to do)

Conclusion
I hope to get anyone's feedback if they have/are trying MMS and what they have noticed. I DO NOT ENDORSE USING MMS, I am simply trying to see if it has possible benefits to ones health. I will continue using it and making note of anything mentionable either positive or negative. So far I do see slight benefits in taking it, but not enough to recommend it to family or friends yet. I have mentioned it to them, and for them to investigate it themselves, as do I to anyone that is considering using it.

Please be considerate and not to attack me for trying to determine if something questionable has validity. I welcome any recommendations on possible methods to further test its effectiveness or any scientific evidence to prove one way or another of it's true potential.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm really interested in this stuff for my own health problems and only just starting to research it. I'm in China. Do you know if I could get hold of it here without mail ordering? I want some now!!!

Please keep us informed. You seem to be having detox reactions. Maybe eating more raw food will help. Dark leafy greens are especially calming.

Good luck...

Some good testimonials on the youtube comments section: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I hope this thread doesn't violate the new policy... but since it's not illegal or mind altering I figured it be OK to continue it. That and it is not really a drug.

I have continued to take it... now Day 8 and 10 drops twice a day. Nothing negative has happened so far that I am aware of. As far as further positive results... nothing I could consider to be 100% positives over just a placebo effect.

As far as getting Sodium Chlorite.... the Internet is full of options on getting it, but I DO NOT PERSONALLY RECOMMEND IT at this time. I am taking it to see if it has noticeably positive results and to see if it has possible negative effects using myself as a test rat. I am using this thread to gain other personal insights into the science and experiences of its use.

I have found studies that have tested for negative reaction when it is ingested and the results showed no negative signs from short term use. This is why I am willing to try it for at least 1 month, or until negative results or science convinces me to end its use.

Here are some sites that offer insight into its science. It's not proof that it heals you... but rather the potential of it.

info 1

info 2

Most forums or blogs that you find that have mostly positive comments have links to resellers(not the most reliable resource), and where mostly negative comments are from science forums where no one has used it, and tend to take things to an extreme or mix science and personal opinion.

No definite answers so far and a balance positive/negative from research, so I will continue to note its success/failure through personal use and continued research.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Day 9 - 11 drops

The only thing that I can say is a definite change since taking MMS is that I can fall asleep quicker than ever before. Usually I will lay in bed for the better part of an hour before falling asleep. Not since I started taking it. I notice that is is now easier to relax making it easier to nod off at night. I am going to assume that this is why dreaming is easier to remember. I will continue to note any changes in my sleeping.

Ankle hasn't bothered me lately.... and it's bloody cold outside(usually big changes in the weather bring the stinging joint) We are supposed to warm up in the next week, so I am hoping the weather changes will let me know if there are any changes. Another possibility I am considering for my ankle is if MMS does act as a muscle relaxant(or an effect there of) the result could possibly allow the joint to have less stress on it and allow for better healing, or just better movement. Anyone that is particular on this could maybe help validate or offer another explanation.

Still not convinced of it's success/failure yet, but I probably feel more run down than when I was not taking it. Is to be expected if it's clearing toxins, but also if it's a negative effect to healthy cells.

On another note... little one had a cold and was down for a few days. I was starting to catch a few indicators before I started taking it, and have had nothing to indicate that I had a cold since. Wife also started to get a sore throat and is not feeling great. If I catch something while getting to these higher doses, it would offer a good argument against its ability.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is great of you, airteck. Just remember the huge power of the placebo effect, confirmation bias, and anecdotal evidence, which basically makes any positive experience you have subject to extreme scrutiny. But regardless, it's helpful.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
JohnMike,

Have a close look at big Pharma's "studies" and you'll see plenty of lies, twists and general disinfo. What's the cure rate for Chemotherapy?

1) Do you trust the big four pharmaceutical companies?
2) Would you consider a 5 cent Malaria cure a threat to pharmaceutical companies?
3) Are you aware that Jim Humble has widespread support in Mexican and African governments? He is only hounded and hassled in the U.S.
4) Have you checked out the Jim Humble/Project Camelot interview?

[edit on 26-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Johnmike brings up valid points..... ones that I am not taking lightly.

As far a positive info out there on Jim and MMS. I would not be doing this if there wasn't enough validity on the internet to start using it. Unfortunately I don't trust easily and figured my own personal use would offer the best insight into it. I figured I put myself out there by starting a thread so others can offer insight and maybe others can learn from my experience. I am trying to be objective, and will not take offense to someone indicating otherwise.

Side Note: Anyone big on SHTF survival.... having some Sodium Chlorite laying around(In my freezer) lets you turn almost any water into safe drinking water. Figured if the test turns negative, I have it for that.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Hello airteck.

I,ve been looking into thiss too. I saw the Jim Humble interview on project camelot. You being a lab rat is great thanks very much, I will be monitoring this thread to see your results.

Thanks, Al

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

"which basically makes any positive experience you have subject to extreme scrutiny"

Why not turn that "extreme scrutiny" on the pharmaceutical companies that are foisting expensive, poisonous, petrochemical by-products on people right now? Their studies are deeply suspect.

Summer 2007 I was in *thriving* health. I had a bottle of sodium chlorite that I used 3 times a day. This massive increase in health coincided with many other lifestyle and dietary changes so I never actually linked it to sodium chlorite. I have since gone back to average health. I believe now that the missing link is the sodium chlorite. I will be ordering a bottle soon and posting my results as well.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hope this thread doesn't get taken down but I posted one VERY similiar and got jumped all over by a mod who removed it.

I took mms for 6 weeks and it didn't help me. My husband took it as well and he just had bathroom problems.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
This is great of you, airteck. Just remember the huge power of the placebo effect, confirmation bias, and anecdotal evidence, which basically makes any positive experience you have subject to extreme scrutiny. But regardless, it's helpful.

JohnMike, Why do you hate America?

www.encyclopediadramatica.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
May I request that you indicate the amounts that you were taking during your trial and any negative/positive results? Please be objective in your response if you do and only indicate things that you would consider conclusive results. Also indicate if you had a health issue you were trying to resolve and the resulting change in your condition. I understand if you don't feel like contributing to my personal research, but it would be helpful.

This is why I love ATS.... people can be objective and come together to try to find an answer on questionable topics. Thanks for being considerate so far... I know the process isn't very scientific, but experiences can some times be the best answer to a question.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hi Guys I have taken MMS and I love it.

I had no major health concerns but bought some because my wife got dengue fever and i had read about MMS being good for parasites. Well she was over it by the time the MMS arrived so I decided to give it a go. I got up to 15drops twice a dayand continued at that level for two weeks. Jiims protocol. To my amazement, my genral health has improved. No more dandruff (life long issue), acid reflex is gone, no herpies outbreaks for more than 6 months, and painful hip joint and hands is gone(maybe arthritis), never was tested. These are just o name a few of the minor health problems that cleared.

Sometime later after I quick taking MMS i came down with Dengue Fever, its like the worst flu you have ever had times 3. I took two 15drop doses 1 hr apart and all symptoms were gone within 24 hrs. most were gone in the first hour. My wife had it for over 14 days and spent 3 days in the hospital. By the way its not a parasite but a virus carried by mosquittos.

Since that time I have a friend with aids who started taking MMS. He was very skinny and most didn't not expect him to last long. He is now healthy and put on a lot of weight. Doctors want to know what he did. One exclaimed '"its like you never had aids.

He started at one drop a day and by the end of the first month was up to 3 drops a day and had some tests done at the hospital which showed marked improvement. He has now been taking it for 4 months and feeling great. We are waiting for the next test result.

MMS is very powerful medicine. Best advise is to go slow or you can have some pretty intense reactions like diahrea, stomach cramps and vomiting even at very low doses(some people have these reaction at even 1 drop). I have found that low doses 8 drops or under taken 2 or 3 times a day, are more beneficial for most things. This protocal keeps the mms in your body over a longer period of time rather than extreme ups and down.

go slow take it from one who didn't. I started off with 6drops and experienced nothing, an hour latter 9drops still nothing, 1 1/2 hr later took 11 drops. Well to put it mildly the # hit the fan. Puking and diahrea both at the same time accompanied by intestinal cramps and profuse sweating about ever ten minutes. About 3 hrs after taking the last dose every thing just quit. No more diahrea, puking or cramps but I really thought I had blown it there for a while. I waited two days until I started taking it again and this time more causiously. I quickly worked my way back up to 15dr 2x a day with no more experiences of discomfort. It was hard to start back as you probably know once you get sick on something its hard to stomach it again. So like I said if you decide to try it go slow if you experience ANY discomfort back off the number of drops and hold there for a while, then start to work your way back up. MMS is two good a healer to risk taking to much and going to fast and then stop taking it, because it has the ability to make profound changes in ones health.58 and feeling the best I have in years.

PS to the man in china I have sodium chlorite (mms) that I purchased in bulk in Thailand. I have made up several bottles of mms and would happy to send one to you. I charge 7usd for a four oz bottle plus shipping. I will also send it to those in need at reduced rates depending on ones ability to pay. Message me for contact information. or leave a message here and i will post my email address if thats ok with the mods.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Day 10 - 12 Drops

Interesting occurrence last night. I was starting to get a stinging in the throat, I assumed at first it was the MMS that was causing it and it gave me concerns. I almost considered stopping the protocol, but figured I'd continue and if it got worse I would then discontinue.

I usually take my second dose just before bed and last night was no different. I took the 11 drop dose and waited to see if my throat worsened. It did. My throat got quite raw and was worrying me(about 5 minutes after taking it). Then at about the 5-10 minute mark my throat had a very sharp sting and then within a minute there was no pain in my throat at all. I am considering that maybe it was the cold my wife and little one have been fighting off. As of this morning no irritation in my throat at all still.

I'll note if there are any changes throughout the day.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Those are three posts that are off topic and I won't respond to (and reported to mods), except that you really need to look into what independent testing a pharma company has to do before a drug gets on the market (hint: it costs over a billion dollars and ten years, half of the time they have exclusive rights to the drug).

As you can see from the last post, airteck didn't know if what was being experienced was due to the substance or other factors, such as a cold. This is what happens when you can't control for variables like that, so you can "prove" anything as long as you do it at the right time (ex. miraculous recovery, or causing death).

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Simply move to one of the places listed below, which have similar amounts of MMS in the water supply as in the mineral supplement. Or, better yet, look at the hospitals and see if they have cancer wards, HIV/AIDS wards, etc, etc.

If they have hospitals for cancer surgery in places with chlorine dioxide in the water, then you might suspect it doesn't do much for you.

Meanwhile, here's a partial list:

* the state of California
* Carlsbad, New Mexico
* Harnett County, North Carolina
* The city of Mission, Texas:
* Fayette County:
* Texas City:
* Charleston:

There's lots more. Check to see if the people in that area have unusually good health.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hey Byrd.... the only problem I have found with checking into water treatment as a source, is that by the time the consumer drinks the water, the majority of the Chlorine Dioxide has broken down already. It will mostly last for around 2 hours.Some state up to 12 hours, but that would have to be in an environment where it can naturally break down. Dirty environments, like purifying water would use it rapidly leaving little to none left for human consumption.

The concentrations in the protocol is actually much higher and was one of my areas of concern. If you consider the volume of water your body consists of, then yes the concentrations are very low.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Airteck, what kind of juice or liquid are you mixing the activated MMS with?

I find this makes a big difference as far as the ease of taking it goes.

Okay, at this point I'm going to chime in and offer mine and my wife's personal MMS experience.

* First of all, MMS or chlorine dioxide provides no biological benefits unless it is activated with citric acid (vinegar will also work). That is probably the most important fact regarding MMS as a treatment or as preventative care. *

We've found that pomegranate juice is by far the best mixing mask that we've found. Pomegranate is a tart, bitter juice which masks the MMS taste as good as it can. We generally have a couple shots of pomegranate juice ready, then dump the few activated drops of MMS (MMS and citric acid) in the juice once the 3 mins expires.

Both of us do not have any pre-existing health concerns or issues. We decided to use it as preventative care after much research.

One thing that is easily measurable is it's benefit to the mouth and gums. Regardless if you have a healthy mouth or not, you will be able to notice a difference shortly after brushing with it a couple of times.

We generally mix a separate solution, enough to dip toothbrush in, and brush with that once a day. Just to be clear, that is a separate solution of ACTIVATED MMS (without juice of course).

Anyone who currently has MMS and has not been brushing with it, I would certainly recommended seeing the difference for yourself. Your mouth and gums will feel better than they ever have. I've personally tested brushing alone with several friends and family members, none of which disagree.

I'm not a doctor so I don't endorse MMS, I only ask that you do your own research. For the record, I also don't endorse any allopathic treatments whatsoever and encourage anyone going the "allopathic, you know what's best for me Mr. medical establishment, route" to certainly do your research. And good luck.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 27-2-2009 by StrangeBrew]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"What juice are you using?"

None.... distilled water. Any juices offer the potential to taint the protocol. That and I don't mind the taste. Actually kind of like it.

Secondly... vinegar is not recommended any more as it feeds particular conditions. I use the 10% Citric Acid.

Anyone suspected of having Candida should not use vinegar in any amount.

link

Not that I have it, but using citric acid seems to eliminate it as a factor for possible failure.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by airteck
"What juice are you using?"

None.... distilled water. Any juices offer the potential to taint the protocol. That and I don't mind the taste. Actually kind of like it.

Secondly... vinegar is not recommended any more as it feeds particular conditions. I use the 10% Citric Acid.

Anyone suspected of having Candida should not use vinegar in any amount.

link

Not that I have it, but using citric acid seems to eliminate it as a factor for possible failure.

I agree, vinegar is not the best if citric acid is available. I use citric acid which can be bought at any health food store. However, Jim Humble states both that lemon juice and vinegar will both activate MMS.

You shouldn't worry about neutralizing MMS via juices. The important thing there is that it does NOT contain added vitamin C (as most all juices do).
Basically the rule of thumb there is you'd want to buy an organic juice since they are usually pure (and expensive unfortunately) something like grape juice or as I recommended pomegranate juice.

But again, do not worry about rendering MMS ineffective with juice. Jim Humble always adds juice when using the protocol. There was a decent portion of the book which described them using the treatment MMS with pineapple juice in Africa. He later discovered that the juice contained added vitamin C which he already recognized as a neutralizer. It was the cause of these particular malaria patients not improving. When the juice was swapped with natural or pure pineapple juice the MMS treatment worked as expected to eliminate malaria.

But, if you say you don't mind the taste, that's the most important thing. I couldn't imaging swallowing that (which I brush my teeth with). Especially when you are using 10 drops or so, pomegranate juice is a welcome addition.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join