It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What About The Forgotten US Northern Border?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Terrorists are not fighting groups that coalesce outside of America and infiltrate the borders. They have passports,visa's and such.Terrorists don't arrive in groups. They don't cross boarders holding hands and carry banners. They just fly into America.You have intelligence agencies.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

They don't cross boarders holding hands and carry banners. They just fly into America.You have intelligence agencies.

You got it. Yet our government keeps telling us time and time again that terrorist will come through the Southern Border if we don't seal it.

My point here is not to get the US to seal up the Northern border. If everybody is satisfied with the way it is, so am I. My point is that we are being lied to about the concern for terrorism. We are being controlled in the name of terrorism.

The Southern border is about stopping illegal immigration into the US. If this is their agenda, I am all for sealing it up. What I don't like it all the fear mongering about how terrorist might sneak in thru that border and cause catastrophic damage on us.

Why would they come in through a heavily secured area when there are other easier avenues they can use, like flying in to the US?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

All I can say is it would be allot easier for a terrorist to set something up in Mexico than it would be in Canada. Mexico is a zoo of lawlessness and corruption.If you want to stage a big event it would be easier to do it from within the US or in Mexico. There is allot less illegal activity at the Canada border than the Mexico border.So there right in expressing that.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Honestly, putting a huge wall up next to Canada would be stupid, as there is ALREADY security in place on both sides, complete with drug and bomb sniffing dogs, and high-powered weaponry. Anybody attempting to smuggle drugs in or out of either country would be lucky if they got across, and a moron to boot. Meanwhile, there is a MASSIVE drug trade going on just due south of this country. There are many reasons to be more concerned about the shorter southern border.
Also, if you are worried about TERRORISM from Canada, well that is just laughable, as the largest population of Arabs outside of the Middle East is right across the water in DEARBORN, MICHIGAN. So if you're going to freak out because of brown people, freak out on Dearborn. Lame.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

All I can say is it would be allot easier for a terrorist to set something up in Mexico than it would be in Canada.

Excuse me. Canada is already concerned about many of these groups in their own back yard.

Senator Salazar claims there are more international terrorist organizations in Canada than anywhere else in the world.

Senator Salazar is right.

Post 9/11 evidence indicates that terrorist groups have been operating effectively in Canada by taking advantage of Canada's liberal immigration and political asylum policies and through the largely porous Canadian-American border.

According to an August 2002 report of the Canadian Security Intelligence service (CSIS), "...with the possible exception of the United States, there are more international terrorist organizations active in Canada than anywhere in the world."

www.canadafreepress.com...

I believe Canada has about 40 terrorist groups they are keeping an eye on.

Several of the listed entities are known under different names. As well, some spellings of names may differ. Click on the name for a description of the entity, all different names and spellings, and the date when the entity was added to the list.

www.publicsafety.gc.ca...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
jam321,

Are you really so afraid of immigrants? Are you so terrified of them that you
can't stand the thought of them coming into your country? These people are
not natural born criminals you know, they come from terrible places, and even
though they were ignorant enough to think that the American government
treats its people better than a third world country warlord treats slaves, they
really aren't a reason to be so afraid like you seem to be.

Seriously, the world needs heroes now, not cowards that shiver at the thought
of foreign people coming into their countries. Grow a spine and start working
on improving the world bit by bit, starting with yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

If you really cared about immigrants, you would be questioning why the Southern border gets harassed so much and the Northern border gets a pass.

You would also question why politicians are always only concerned about the Mexican border.

Let's face it, brown is the color they are targeting- not terrorists.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Are you joking? Do you see hordes of Canadians running cross borders at night? No Thxx M8 , we happy here.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Let me be blunt, if white people lived in Mexico and Mexicans lived in Canada, the US would be securing the Northern Border.

This is all about keeping immigrants out who are only looking for a better life.

These immigrants did not cause 9/11 and those that caused 9/11 did not come in through Mexico.

Securing the border due to possible terrorists coming in is a bunch of hogwash.

It is all about trying to keep the immigrants out.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I believe Canada has about 40 terrorist groups they are keeping an eye on.

See, their keeping an eye on them.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I know what your sayin m8, but what it is , If poor Mexico had the economy Can has , they wouldn't cross any borders, they don't, they want a piece of the American Dream

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Wehali

If you really cared about immigrants, you would be questioning why the
Southern border gets harassed so much and the Northern border gets a
pass.

You would also question why politicians are always only concerned about
the Mexican border.

Let's face it, brown is the color they are targeting- not terrorists.

What you say in general is true of course, I am not disagreeing with you,
I may have come over a little too harsh, but what I am saying is that there
are far more important matters to worry about, than immigrants, legal or
illegal, especially for Americans.

You people are being turned into slaves, and most of you are barely even
noticing it. The problem of immigrants fades into nothingness compared to
what your government is doing to all of you.

You have to get together in groups, and DO something about it. Start small
and expand from there, a small group of friends can make thousands of
people aware of the threat, coming from your own government. You should
NOT lie down belly up and let them walk all over you, which is what you all
are doing now.

Educate yourself, educate others, and start revolting against the oppression.

Even though I'm only 26 years old, I'm going to die soon, so I won't be
able to help with this I guess. But I'll be around in spirit and do what I can
from there.

[edit on (23/2/09) by Wehali]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you cannot tell what the political/criminal difference is between Canada and Mexico.....well there is no hope for you anyways.

Canada, where people get their panties in a knot because the government did soemthing that didn't make sense.

Mexico, where the difference between the vicious out of control criminals and the government is ......not much. One side has a badge. The other would sell your child for a candy bar. Try and figure out which is which. (I like mexicans btw. I just don't like the society/government/corruption/criminal thing that is the norm there)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I really don't care what Canada is or What Canada isn't doing or what situation they are in. No disrespect to Canadians. A threat is a threat and it is the US government's responsibility to secure its own borders.

So give it a shot, and see what happens. If it is as insecure as you say, it should be a piece of cake. If not, you gotta 'splain to Lucy.

Go for it, and let us know what happens. Post pictures.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am Canadian, but if I were an American (who bought the boatload of baloney sold to him by the Bush administration) I would be watching people coming from the Canadian side of the border very carefully.
Canada is an ideal point of entry to the United States.

As a Canadian who wants to keep our economy strong, I would recommend a huge ramp up of US troops stationed at every possible point along the Canada/US border and would like, on behalf of merchants, hotel owners, holiday theme park operators, marriage chapels, hunting and guiding outfitters and a host of other entrepreneurs to extend a cordial invitation to soldiers on furlough to come on over to visit a great country and a great friend of America.

Increased security can be a win win situation.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm definitely not on board with the 'they're brown so we're worried about them angle'. The Mexican border is the primary target for criticism b/c of the sheer volume of people immigrating illegally at that border, not because they're brown. Comparing the amount of people who illegally cross the southern border with those who illegally cross the northern border is like comparing the Sahara to a sandbox.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 23-2-2009 by flybynight]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

What terrorists? 9/11 post collapse photos show steel girders cut on a bias as they do in controlled demolitions with semtex or prima-cord or some such material. buildings do not collapse into their own footprint unless carefully rigged to do so. also Bush's youngest brother was in charge of security at the wtc. are you seriously still buying the terrorist angle?? wow. sorry i just find it so hard to understand. also al-qaeda is arabic for the list, refering to the us trained insurgents in afghanistan trained by osama and financed by the us government, so either way? what terrorists. classic, create a problem, then create a solution to it that furthers some specific agenda, in this case passing the patriot act and effectively stripping constitutional rights from the citizens of america

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but virtually all terrorists are Muslim. Some Muslims are really good people. All Western nations need to stop the immigration of questionable Muslims, who have no wish to assimilate or be lawful citizens, only to conquer and convert by the sword. It's bad enough we have to deal with a communist illegal immigrant in the Black House.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Lake Michigan has no border with Canada ....But Beaver Island is a known anti government enclave....Too bad there are only about 200 residents LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
And Just one more thought before I leave this thread.... The border crossed the Mexicans....Remember the Alamo...VIVA Zapata! How soon we forget,,,,,,DIRT

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join