It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Invented Rap Too Destroy The Black Community!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afrosamurai
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Drug Cartels like... the CIA! They've done every thing they can to destroy the black community. Why do you think a black kid who does well is called an Oreo? Why is it when a black person does well in some thing other then sports or rap or drug dealing he's betrayed the life? Also, when white kids listen to this music do they then go out and shoot people? No. Because they haven't been brainwashed into believing that is how they should act. They aren't called Oreos if they go to school read a book, do well. They aren't told from a young age that if they don't shoot some one for stepping on their shoe that they aren't really white.

You do realize it's the (mostly poor/inner city) black community, and not the CIA, that fosters this mindset? Maybe the CIA had a hand in implementing such beliefs, but it's the black community that perpetuates the above all on their own, no government intervention necessary. And while I have heard about the CIA importing drugs into certain communities, and I think it's actually admitted that government purposely infiltrated activist groups in the 60's to destroy them from within, that does not mean blacks are not complicit in their own continued oppression, and attitudes like the above are how they keep themselves down. At some point the black community has to take responsibility for itself, regardless of how much "the man" tries to keep them down.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
rap is just a evolution of music forms that already existed.

young men who commit aggressive crime tend toward aggressive music, so a high proportion of aggressive criminal youth tend to listen to rap.

peh, don't buy CIA involvement, it's just too artistic a musical form to believe it was born of a committee of middle class, middle age, middle minded, middle management spooks.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am sorry if this sounds harsh but it is how I feel. There is only one person to be blamed for what "the man" has done to you. If there is one person who has made it out of a bad situation, why couldn't you? I have seen the failures and I have seen the success stories. Untill the victem mentality goes, enjoy being the victem and make sure you have someone else to blame next time. If you truely want out, get out. It has been done before, and it will be done again. Nobody is forcing you to wear baggy pants and speak in ebonics. When nobody will hire you in 10 years because you can't speak correctly remember, you heard it hear first. When I again listened to the words of Dr. Kings speach the other night on a history channel show, I didn't notice him trying to fit in to any sterotype of "black". He sounded educated. He had a message. He wanted equality for everyone. He died for that message, for that dream. Don't you all think he would be discusted with what has become of us now? This fits into all those who say "I can't". That is bullsh!t. You wont. Stand up and do it. Whining doesn't get it done.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is downright racist and the most ridiculous post I have ever read on here. Are you seious?

People make decisions, music doesnt make it for them

Only a racist who despises hip hop would say something so ingorant.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
why is this thread racist? it's been said a whole heap of times but no-one says how exactly.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not a student of black history are we? Rap is a traditional folk form that goes back to old slave epics and lyrical poetry, just like a lot of country music and gospel that grew out of the same geographic area. It started coming to its present form during the Harlem Renaissance. It's a lot older than the CIA! Most of it is macho BS but if you listen to some of it you would see the social messages that attract listeners of all colors. Tupac wasn' a big deal just because he was a pretty face! Nas has some pretty interesting lyrics as well, one of the New York schools now has an English Lit course based around his writings. On the other hand, I prefer Old Dirty Bastard so maybe I'm not the critic you need.....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I saw this documentary on HBO the other day about an inner city High School in Baltimore, I think. It stated that something like 1500 students started 9th grade there, and about 700 ended up in the 12th grade....so pretty much half of the kids never even made it that far.

Also, they had 1, count it one, student in the entire school, 9-12th grade, who could pass the state Algebra aptitude test. It doesnt help that the teachers give up and quit half way through the year, and that they dont even have enough books for each student in a math class.

Still it is no reason for pretty much every kid in that school to be reading at an elementary school level or below...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah that is a load of crap man. How can you give the CIA credit for Rap music!? It is the result of Civil rights, Creativity bursted out Everywhere. I am a Musician in NYC and i am the LEAST likely to defend Rap, considering i am a drummer, and Drum Machines are our cancer. So lets look how Destroyed the Black Community is....

Entertainment-
Will Smith leads the pack of Hollywood's best-paid actors, banking an estimated $80 million over the course of the year. Frequently called the hardest-working man in Hollywood, Smith has proved that no matter the genre--be it sci-fi thriller (Warner Bros.' I Am Legend) or sappy drama (Sony's The Pursuit of Happyness)--he can deliver an audience

With $55 million, Eddie Murphy comes in third among Tinseltown's top earners, thanks to a slew of family-friendly hits. The long-reigning master of disguise continues to prove his range on-screen, playing notable roles in everything from animated flicks (DreamWorks' Shrek) to goofball comedies (DreamWorks' Norbit) to musical remakes (DreamWorks' Dreamgirls). The latter earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

Music
1. Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson-$150 Million
2. Shawn "Jay Z" Carter-$82 Million
3. Sean "Diddy" Combs-$35 Million
4. Kanye West-$30 Million
5. Timothy "Timbaland" Mosley-$22 Million
6. Pharrell Williams-$20 Million
7. Kasseem "Swizz Beats" Dean-$17 Million
8. Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Broadus- $16 Million
9. Andre "Dr. Dre" Young-$15 Million
10.Christopher "Ludacris"Bridges- $14 Million

Beyoncé Knowles - $80 Million

Sports
A total of six Black athletes are among the 10 best-paid in the sports field, with Michael Jordan heading the list.

According to Forbes magazine, Michael Jordan for the second consecutive year is the highest paid athlete in sports, earning a total of $36 million dollars. A total of $32 million come in endorsements.

Also on the list is former WBA and IBF heavyweight chamption Riddick Bowe; boxer, actor and tv commentator George Foreman, basketball star and rap artist Shaquille O'Neal; WBC heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis; and Detroit Tigers slugger Cecil Fielder.

Tiger woods...Completely dependent on the # of tournaments he plays in and how he finishes. Last year, he made approx. $12 Million US playing golf and an additional $110 Million in endorsements from sponsors such as Buick and Nike. Making him the highest earning sport star

Oh yeah... Obama. It looks to me they are coming out on top. I can show your chart after chart of White America in the mid west with worse graduation rates then chicago. It aint the kids holms, Its the bullsh!t NCLB and the MASSIVE cuts to education for the past 8 years.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Your entire post further solidifies the sterotype that the only way to make it out of the hood is to play a sport or be a rapper/actor....once again, rubbish.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Your entire post further solidifies the sterotype that the only way to make it out of the hood is to play a sport or be a rapper/actor....once again, rubbish.

Your right, Here ya go-

The Most Powerful Black Executives in America Meet 50 black business men and women who wield unprecedented clout.

Sometimes the tale of black power in America can be told in images. Back in 1969, power was political, epitomized by a Newsweek cover with a young black man named Tom Jones brandishing a rifle and a raised fist after leading a militant rebellion at Cornell University. These days the image that resonates is corporate, of that same man in his corner office suite at Citigroup. Cuff links displaying the Travelers umbrella peek out from Jones' conservative dark-blue power suit. Another red Travelers umbrella shines from his lapel, and the company logo covers his tie too. In other words, he's armed with all the accoutrements befitting his current role: chairman of Citigroup's asset-management, global-investment, and private-banking operations.

Sometimes the tale is better told in numbers. Jones, 53, now oversees four business units, 12,000 employees, and almost $700 billion in assets. Though something of a long shot, he is reportedly one of five contenders to replace his mentor Sandy Weill as CEO of Citigroup.
Link

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The Black Community has been devestated by Rap and the Rap life style. Look it up! People who listen to rap are more likely to commit a crime then people who listen to country.

You're operationalizing the wrong variables. Wouldn't it make more sense that rap, as an art form, evolved in communities where personal disadvantage, which leads to criminality, exists in the first place? If you've ever bothered to listen to it, you might better understand the circumstances that lead to artists everywhere pouring out their thoughts and emotions. Rap, and probably all art, is causative (in that it environment causes it to emerge). I don't think art turns people against society...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
first off, the CIA doesn't have enough soul to have invented rap. or Any music. Period.

second. stealing a culture and monopolizing it for commercial dominance is not called "creation," its called perversion.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afrosamurai

Afrosamurai: I'm feeling you, but lemme clarify a bit.

The real story about MLK, Malcolm X, Jessie Jackson and WEB DuBois has not been told. Except for Malcolm X they were all communists, as were most of the people in the freedom movement. I don't say the "civil rights" movement, because that happened in the 1800's. The people in the 1900's were not calling for "civil rights" but for "freedom." Big difference. By the way, the Underground Railroad was run by Freemasons as well.

Rap music and hip-hop came out of the ghetto, but they were taken over by the Illuminati after they had already been created.

I'm not sure if crack was invented to destroy Blacks or if it was simply the left-overs, but there have been other attempts in the past, like welfare laws and such. They also tried to get Blacks to kill each other, but that hasn't worked. Now they are poisoning Blacks systematically through the food and water supply, and by getting Black women to abandon Black men. This has caused the Black man to lack appreciation for himself and to copy the white man with the hopes of attracting the quality Black woman who "keeps passing him by."

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Afrosamurai

You know its gunna be a good thread when the OP calls us all ignorant and can't even properly spell the word "to".

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by PokeyJoe

You think there wasn't a better rapper who actually lived in Detroit then Eminem?

Your kidding me right??? I could understand if you were saying this crap theory about all the BS rap that is out there now, but to say that one of the best lyricist of all times works with the CIA. You have lost it man. I dont say this much but get off of ATS for a month or so and get your mind right!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgreen2103

reply to post by PokeyJoe

You think there wasn't a better rapper who actually lived in Detroit then Eminem?

Your kidding me right??? I could understand if you were saying this crap theory about all the BS rap that is out there now, but to say that one of the best lyricist of all times works with the CIA. You have lost it man. I dont say this much but get off of ATS for a month or so and get your mind right!

He certainly doesn't like Black people.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Rap is crap unless it has a positive message, much like most of the music I hear on these "Top Ten" radio stations, I really don't understand how someone talking about having anal or oral sex is music, it's just disgusting, that's all I hear in rap music anymore, at least what they play on the radio, I miss the days where they talked about killing cops. Most of the rock music on the rock stations is the same way, it's just disgusting, these "manvoice" idiots start singing about sex and drugs and strippers and all kinds of crap, that's all I evfer hear in any of these songs, it's all about sex, every now and then they through in a little violence or drugs just to break it up a bit, but geez, I could care less about how big you say your penis is or the sexual fluids that came from some chick, seriously, that's disgusting dude.

I'm glad there are people like T.I. though, I heard one of his raps talking about trying to be a better person in life, controlling his temper, forgiving people for being mean to him, Kanye West and T.I. both have talked about how if they became a positive influence in peoples lives they would sell as many records.

Rap is crap though, especially if it's mixed with "country".

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is a possible theory to that.

The power of HYPNOSIS through sound and speech. Sound would regulate mood/energy levels and the speech would of course be the programming details.

An example.... the beat and everything of some rap can be enough to get someone feeling riled up like they wanna take action. I always like to listen to fast paced techno when I work out at the gym.

The words? Well thats where the specifics of brainwashing come in. If you think about it... rap is composed mostly of words... more than any average rock song...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm guessing you got off the track with the idea that the CIA "Invented" rap. What happens is that if something comes up that they can put to their advantage they will utilize it. Likely they cultivated some people in Rap towards their ends. The same could be said for rock or even country. As I recall Chet Atkins had ties to the Jesuits and he was responsible for standardizing country into the "Nashville sound". Any subject, any time can be leveraged by the Illuminati even something as simple as a news story. For example after 9/11 comes Lacey Peterson murder case, making a big deal out of an ordinary occurrence. It was great misdirection just as the Beatles where used as misdirection after the JFK assassination. It doesn't mean they created the Beatles, just leveraged the available to fill the void.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biosynth
Here is a possible theory to that.

The power of HYPNOSIS through sound and speech. Sound would regulate mood/energy levels and the speech would of course be the programming details.

An example.... the beat and everything of some rap can be enough to get someone feeling riled up like they wanna take action. I always like to listen to fast paced techno when I work out at the gym.

The words? Well thats where the specifics of brainwashing come in. If you think about it... rap is composed mostly of words... more than any average rock song...

How many times has a woman said "ain't nothin' going on but the rent" ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join