It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think it's easy creating everything ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was posting on some other threads on the topic of God. I enjoyed reading through the posts and every now and then the posts were leading me to try to see what it must have been like from Gods point of view? I know we can't grasp what God is like or how He thinks but we do have a few hints in the Bible as to how He might perceive things.

I want you to imagine yourself being the Creator. You are all knowing. You can see the beginning and the end of what you are about to create. You know of the hardships that man will endure. You know every detail of every facet of your creation. And you create.

Now we know the Bible tells us that God is love. He assures us He will never leave nor forsake us. He even tells us the end of his plan. My questions are easy.

1. You are the creator. You are perfect and can do no wrong. Your plan (The one we live under now) is about to be willed into existence. Look around. At your own circumstances, at someone else and their circumstances. It was known from the beginning. Would you change said plan or would you trust that God has assured us His plan will not fail.

2. Would you have created free will and love knowing that free will may take your creation away from you.

I would love to hear everyones take on this. I find it amazing that if we are to believe what the Bible teaches about God then He knew this thread would be created.....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Depends on what his plan is. If its another holocost or a nuclear war, i would prefer it for him to change.

If god is real, i shure as hell wouldnt trust the guy

When you say that the bible tells us what god is like, sorry to say, your wrong. It tells us different peoples views of what he is like, and then got very heavily edited to be something different.

Also, look closly at Revelations. It has more to do with the Roman empire at the time than it does now, for John was in exile when he wrote it (Which would explaine his amazing imagination).

Be careful with the bible, its a neat book but should never be taken literaly, for it has been changed so many times. For example, the resurection was not included till a few centeries after jesus's death. If that were never to be there, neither would christianity now.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Depends on what his plan is. If its another holocost or a nuclear war, i would prefer it for him to change.

If god is real, i shure as hell wouldnt trust the guy

I know what you mean. My thoughts wandered that way too when I thought things like wars and conflicts. Starvation. Genocide. These would have been things known from the very onset of creation. Is it a part of a bigger picture? Could it be that our free will led us to these things that God knew would happen?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
just a thought, if god knows everything that is going to happen upon the point of creation, how can we have free will??
Its not free will if someone knows what we are going to do before we are even born, then its just acting out a script.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The question of "if god is omniscient, then how can free will exist?" is one that's been proposed to believers for centuries. As far as I'm aware, there has been no direct and logical answer to the question. Generally, all responses boil down to "God is beyond our understanding."

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
lol, ive heard that a million times. Same as trying to explaine the big bang sometimes, "but what was before that? Who made the big bang? GOD DID IT!"

but as soon as you say "who made god?" they bring out the "i dunno, its impossible to understand the powers of god."

You shouldnt worship anything/anyone that you do not understand.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
just a thought, if god knows everything that is going to happen upon the point of creation, how can we have free will??
Its not free will if someone knows what we are going to do before we are even born, then its just acting out a script.

Exactly. Imagine once again you are the creator. You create beautiful beings to have fellowship with (Angels). Instead of having them mindlessly follow you and perform tasks like robots you give a mind and a will. Isn't it better if they worship you on their own? Which is hard for them not to do because they are created in your presence. How can't they follow you if they saw their creator? Well one of the more beautiful Angels decides that he wants your spot. He convinces a third of the Angels to do the same. God saw that coming. And yet He created. He didn't just exterminate the bad ones and continue on. The Bible says He threw them to earth. It has to be part of a bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

If there is a God and he created this magnificent world inside our galaxy, inside the universe etc... then yes I'd let it take it's course. I'm just not sure yet if the bible is where you find him. If we have free will then it's up to us to find him in us, I think. The battles of good and evil are in us. And if I know the beginning and the end then why give free will? Is it a lesson to be learned kind of deal. Is dying nothing compared to the lesson you learn along the way. If so then why is a baby born with cancer and dies before they have a chance to learn a lesson? I'm still confused about the whole God issue and it's hard to see past a child getting raped and killed or a nuclear bomb landing in a city and destroying innocent people.

If I were creator would I put the people I love on the same planet that Satan is on? But then again I love my children and will spank them and be tough on them because they need to learn a lesson. But I couldn't kill them or let someone else kill them. I don't believe in giving money to God when I can give it to a family that needs it more than that preacher. I'd rather give a homeless person my money then to tithe it away in a hypocritical church. But I'm not God and I'm here for the ride. I can only hope that I do a good job of raising my children and to do good for others because if there's one thing I have learned in life it's that family is important and we all need each other. If God won't intervene then it's up to us to do it and change the plans. Like I said I'm still confused and searching my soul if I have one for an answer. But I don't let me being confused stop the good things I need to do in life.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
The question of "if god is omniscient, then how can free will exist?" is one that's been proposed to believers for centuries. As far as I'm aware, there has been no direct and logical answer to the question. Generally, all responses boil down to "God is beyond our understanding."

Thanks for figuring out what I am trying to ask. I got a headache coming up with what I did. The thing I'm trying to do is get a bigger picture of the whole creation. From Gods point of view which is impossible. But we can get an idea by realizing that all that has played out was before Gods eyes at the creation. If that was you looking at everything. And we all know that God is love. Are we worthy to be a part in this plan that God Himself lovingly set in motion?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Interesting questions.

Knowledge is nothing without understanding and nothing can be truly understood without experiencing it.

On that basis, I believe that is why we are here and I wont go any deeper right not.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That's the best answer I see right now. But what if all you get to experience is birth and a few years of " baw baw" Da da" Mommy. Then death comes and takes the baby away?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Think about it.

What happened, its staring in the face really, you lived you died and you did your thing.

How many people live exactly the same lives??

PS please dont take the above as condescending, I have tried to explain this before but not many understood, hence why im trying to lead it.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah you're right. Life isn't fair and anything can happen. That's why I like your answer.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

If there is a God and he created this magnificent world inside our galaxy, inside the universe etc... then yes I'd let it take it's course. I'm just not sure yet if the bible is where you find him. If we have free will then it's up to us to find him in us, I think. The battles of good and evil are in us. And if I know the beginning and the end then why give free will? Is it a lesson to be learned kind of deal. Is dying nothing compared to the lesson you learn along the way. If so then why is a baby born with cancer and dies before they have a chance to learn a lesson? I'm still confused about the whole God issue and it's hard to see past a child getting raped and killed or a nuclear bomb landing in a city and destroying innocent people.

If I were creator would I put the people I love on the same planet that Satan is on? But then again I love my children and will spank them and be tough on them because they need to learn a lesson. But I couldn't kill them or let someone else kill them. I don't believe in giving money to God when I can give it to a family that needs it more than that preacher. I'd rather give a homeless person my money then to tithe it away in a hypocritical church. But I'm not God and I'm here for the ride. I can only hope that I do a good job of raising my children and to do good for others because if there's one thing I have learned in life it's that family is important and we all need each other. If God won't intervene then it's up to us to do it and change the plans. Like I said I'm still confused and searching my soul if I have one for an answer. But I don't let me being confused stop the good things I need to do in life.

Good stuff. Alot of the things you talk about God would have seen at the creation. He would have known. But He also knows the significance of these things to us. Would we cling more tightly to God because of them or would we lose faith and think He doesn't care. Will He show us the reason? This has happened to me. I thought of God in these terms of all loving and caring and believed He had a plan. The Bible even says that He works all things to good for them that love him. That's not the actual verse but that is what it says. I prayed to know why I had suffered a tragedy and God revealed to me how many people had found Him through it. My imagination? Who knows. Is this the reason for tragedies? Don't think so.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

At the end though, when this is finished and all the people have lived and died what do we have?

Infinity from the finite. Wisdom.

Everyone is the same person in the end it will all make sense because of the experience.

Alpha and Omega.

Its all the same thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Think about it.

What happened, its staring in the face really, you lived you died and you did your thing.

How many people live exactly the same lives??

PS please dont take the above as condescending, I have tried to explain this before but not many understood, hence why im trying to lead it.

Sorry I don't get it either. I don't think I was condescended at maybe.....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My perspective on it, is that god was the only living thing in the begining,in a void of nothing.So just like u or me when we are all alone what do we do?We make up friends,talk to animals,or like tom hanks on cast away make a vollyball our buddy,noone wants to be alone.So he Wills into existance "sons,and Daughters",to keep him company and so noone was alone.But some did not belive or outright turns on god,imagine "wilson" in castaway turned on tom hanks,or your imaginary friend tried to kill you,This is the real evil i think,Forgeting your father,he wants to be your friend.As far as creations,how hard is it for u to think up imaginary worlds in ur human mind?Albiet gods imagination is where we live,mabey someone lives in our imagination as well.
Peace to all

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well im cutting something way short here but.....

If everyone is on this planet living, they will all lead unique lives, that is the purpose of life itself for it would be pointless if we were all the same person in the flesh.

If you were god, how could you improve yourself? By creating something to experience and learn from.

How does man, who was made in gods image? They create, learn and experience new things.

What is at the end of the human race? Infinite experiences. Who are we is the question.

Hence why i mentioned Alpha and Omega.

Make more sense?

It should reveal a rabbit hole of sense if you do.

To answer the second part of you question, how would anyone know pure evil unless pure evil had existed and how would anyone know what pure love is unless it has ever existed?

How could god see everything? Who's wearing gods eyes right now?

Life is amazing in itself if you can grasp what I am saying.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Well im cutting something way short here but.....

If everyone is on this planet living, they will all lead unique lives, that is the purpose of live itself for it would be pointless if we were all the same person in the flesh.

If you were god, how could you improve yourself? By creating something to experience and learn from.

How does man, who was made in gods image? They create, learn and experience new things.

What is at the end of the human race? Infinite experiences. Who are we is the question.

Hence why i mentioned Alpha and Omega.

Make more sense?

Alot more. That is nice too. So you believe we are here for amusement and someones desire for learning? You see I am going on a premise that what the Bible says about God is absolute truth. This is for the sake of the question being asked. The Bible says that God is knowledge among alot of other things so I don't see Him needing to learn anything. Now put yourself in the shoes of someone who knows all, is love and creates our current existence. Look to possible future outcomes of events under your control. How would they play out for you?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
God could not exist without us.

It would be a paradox to not create us if you get me?

I do not believe we are here for amusement at all. I believe it is more toward a journey to become god and at that point time will have no significance etc.

If god were to change our course he would be changing himself which would mean there would be no point in god himself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join