It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania rocked by 'jailing kids for cash' scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Pennsylvania rocked by 'jailing kids for cash' scandal

www.cnn.com

# Two Pennsylvania judges plead guilty to federal fraud charges
# Judges received more than $2.6 million from youth detention centers
# Minors appeared before judge accepting cash from private prisons
# Hundreds of minors weren't represented, attorneys say

Privatizing detention facilities is a growing in popularity among governments because the companies say they offer lower rates than the state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So this is the main story on CNN.com. The reason I'm posting it, is because it touches on a bigger issue that I don't feel is being addressed...

We are wrongfully locking people up in, the ever increasing popular, privately owned detention centers. These facilities then can use its "residents" for free manual/menial labor. Is this not dangerously close to slavery?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sad to say, i always use to say, we ALL have a bounty on our heads, its just a matter of time and place. How lovely it is to be human afterall, isnt it. I learned this saying,f or over the years, unfair and racially motivated arrests and police attacks on civilians. I wonder how many more judges nationwide are up to no good an accepting bribery money. That in turn, makes ya wonder, what really is going on in our jsutice court system.
A freind of mine months ago, told me abuot INS or ICE immigration people...he knew a guy, who said those guys sometimes make $300 to $400 a head, when rounded up...so it seems, money has its evil influences over how this are supposed to be done with code and honor...justice

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
American Judges have a ridiculous amount of power with barely existent safeguard checks on them. This is another sick example.

What can't a judge do nowadays?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The best you can do these days is stay as low as you can. Don't make yourself stand out and you'll be fine.

I'm not saying you can't break the law, just stay low.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
Is this not dangerously close to slavery?

You bet. We have been going that way for a long time. I knew this when it came out that inmates were being "allowed" to work for 65 cents an hour to make their time go faster. We are the prey, and gub'mint is the predator.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm actually from Luzerne County. It was at one point the most corrupt county in the US.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How about Washtenaw County's "jailing men based on false accusations of domestic violence for cash". Where's the Justice Department on that one?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
These busts only happen because the culprits didn't pay their graft up the ladder.
Throw a couple chicklets to the lions to keep the peeps busy.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

It's right behind Philly now.

They are just a little more low key types up there.

I was actually at the mall up near Clarks Summit in 1989 (I think) when the PSP just missed a Mafia mobboss who was at the mall just prior. They flooded the area but he wasn't caught. That is when I learned about the NYC & Philly mob ties to the area.

Now they seem to be hanging in the Poconos. Up near Lake Wallenpalpack. Drive up there in the summer. More NY plates than PA.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of judge schivel* i belive that was his name, back in 2007? his freind, a lawyer, both bought some plae, a juvinile detention hall i think, and made a d eal with PA something another. he was caught his yacht, was christinaned REEL jsutice* how pathetic. he was sentencing teens, for stupid things like smoking weed, throwing meat at an arguement, talking back to parents, one femlae was sentenced for making fun of her principale. not the less than 4 mionutes per case. it was all for profit*
nice too see our judicial system has merged with coporate america and wallstreet and using us as cattle
theyve made lady jsutice blind with red tape

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i had a problem like this when i was younger my mother had bought a new living room set that was damaged by mice my mother thought i was punching holes in her new couch she went to a friend who mentioned something about it to her husband a psychatrisy who owns a private reformatory in my area called kennedy home. next thing i knew was i was getting yanked out of class and arrested because this ass said that from his opinion i was a danger to myself and others . my mother did not ask that i be arrested she had never talked to this guy . luckily when i was in police station my mothers cousin who is a local lawyer saw me and come to find out what i was there for . he knew of this doctors crap and called my mom and got me out of custudy and released to my mom .
what this guy does he gets kids in system then convinces judge they should be kept at his facility where they would help grow crops to sell for facility

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My grandfather was a county judge for luzerne county. He was the only honest judge in luzerne. The North Eastern mafia is now run by Billy Delia who is serving 200+ years in Leavenworth. The North Eastern Mafia as ties to all the big families around the USA.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If that doesn't sound like a FEMA camp, then I don't know what does. It's brilliant and cheap too. Privatize detention centers for manual labor. Manual labor being done by people who are innocent and convicted from a judge that got paid. Makes you wonder if the next step is start bringing false charges against random people.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Anyone, anytime, anywhere.

I have absolutely no faith in this system.

Hell, even if I ran into a police station covered in blood with a mouth full of hair screaming "I did it, I did it!" and be fairly convinced I actually did do it until I was found guilty.

All I can think of when I read or hear about somebody convicted of anything at all is that I hope to christ he really is guilty for his own sake and I feel a sick pit of despair and empathy thinking about the absolute suffering he'd surely experience if he really is innocent.

There is way too much at stake to be playing a game like this. And to permit it to be played with so much faith and certainty? Terrible.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
America is the most corrupt country in the world.
other countries have civil wars to stop them.
and one day so to will America.
the Slaves will rise up and fight.

top topics

join