It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. Secretly Training Pakistani Commandos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Report: U.S. Secretly Training Pakistani Commandos

www.foxnews.com

The secret U.S. task force provides the Pakistanis with intelligence and advises them on combat tactics, but does not participate in combat itself, the Times reported, citing anonymous U.S. military officials.

Pakistani army officers said last year that the Pentagon had sent 32 Americans to train senior personnel of the paramilitary Frontier Corps in the northwestern part of the country, adjacent to Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Didn't Vietnam start this way? We sent in advisors to help teach them how to go after the enemy. I have to question how sincere Pakistan is about helping us catch terrorist. They recently gave the Taliban the Swat area and I just can't see them using their elite commandos trained by the US to go in their and get the terrorist the US are seeking.

Are we just setting ourselves up to be betrayed by the Pakistani forces we are supposedly training?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If this were really secret why would it be reported on FOX news?

Sure, they may be training the locals but somehow, it just doesn't seem like it's a big secret.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

It was secret, but not anymore.

Begs to question whether the President had the authority to send them into Pakistan for this kind of role in the first place.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well it's not exactly a secret anymore, is it? But of course we know that's by design too.

It's rather ironic and funny to me how the so-called investigative media and the people of this nation (minus its alleged government) find this of any sort of interest all of a sudden when for years and years they've ignored the blatant hand that pakistan played in the events surrounding 9/11. Why isn't that being looked at an investigated deeper and harder, yet this is of so much "interest?"

Oh and gee...let's think about the last time something like this happened. Seems to me that little foray resulted in a war between Russia and Georgia, no?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Before the war in Yugoslavia, there were many many c)i~a,f%b*i stationed there preparing for what eventually the world was to see. So im confused to see why anyone would think that they are not training them or anyone else.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nothing new here to be honest. The CIA trained up Pakistan forces to use as a quick strike force to get Bin laden way back when. Not really getting that every $$$ they gave the ISI went to worst kind of extremists.

top topics

join