Because of the Chimp Cartoon, I must Educate!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I think you are the one lost in your own little filtered world. The media hawks all over black people. Only in America can you get away with murder just by being black. I will have to argue the whole rock & roll thing with you as well. It was not started by black people. They started R&B and Blues. Elvis and the likes started rock. Elvis sounded black when he started and he was not singing rock then he started that a bit after he hit it big.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problem with black people at all, just with them getting special treatment just because they are black.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

Oh cry me a freakin river. Why were you possibly offended by it? It had nothing to do with you, or with 58 year olds, or men, or even black people. So then why were you possibly offended by it? Are you a chimp?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

He was the editor of the Harvard Law Review, unless everything I have read was wrong.
If that is the case, I'll be glad to admit that I was wrong.
In any event, his position is irrelevant as it pertains to my point.
Being a law professor, at ANY school would warrant him more intellectual respect than a man who was one point above failing an entry-level flight exam.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Sorry but being "educated" by someone who is probably white and never experienced racism is somewhat ludicrous. Don't be so pretentious pal. Was it racism? To the cartoonist, maybe not. To someone who's spent a lifetime being called racial epithet's it could very well seem racist. Look at it from both sides before claiming to "educate" us poor dumb slobs or calling it "black racism" as some others have here.

PS: Being "educated" by someone with over 10,001 pts on a Conspiracy message board is also ridiculous in and of itself lol. Oh screw it, why bother.....

[edit on 23-2-2009 by hawkeye1717]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is one off topic subject I am happy to go towards...

Who is better educated? The Black Man who held a position as a constitutional law professor, or the guy who can't pronounce nuclear?

Much more suited for ATS than a bogus issue of race.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is this going to go on for Obama's whole term?

Every time he is made fun of (like EVERY OTHER previous president) it becomes racism?

So, what. Because he is black we aren't allowed to satirize him? Give me a break.

In this case, I'm pretty sure it wasn't even Obama they were talking about.

What about the old saying of 1000 monkeys typing Shakespeare? My first impression from the cartoon was that they were referring to the houses of parliament... not the president.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Reise Reise

Had there not been a "BLACK" man in office, this cartoon would have made sense. The entire capital hill gang, with a few exceptions are a bunch of swinging, poop flinging chimps. Or is it chumps? Or are we the chumps?
The point is, this is yet another media occupying tool, designed to take interest off of the real issues. The wholesale destruction of the economic system as we know it. Next thing you know, people will be born into debt. Calling anyone a monkey/chimp is letting them off easy. I have a few choice nomenclatures for the powers that be.
Anyway, while we are worrying about racism, the machine is twisting the knife in our collective backsides.
So keep up the good word, all the anti racist groups. You do the world proud by only worrying about your particular sector. HUMANS HUMANS HUMANS

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's interesting that there was an ENTIRE WEBSITE:

www.bushorchimp.com...

that had 18 pictures comparing George W. Bush to Chimpanzees. There were others, such as this one:

politicalhumor.about.com...

In fact, if you google George Bush monkey, you will get over one million hits, many of them showing George Bush next to a monkey and comparing their looks.

It's amazing how things change when the shoe is on the other foot, and the cartoon in question isn't even about Obama, it is about Congress, who after all the bailout bills, lacks the intelligence of a monkey.

Al Sharpton- can you say Tawan Brawley?
www.slate.com...

In 1987, a 15-year-old black girl named Tawana Brawley went missing and was found four days later covered in dog feces and with racial slurs written on her body. She claimed that at least two and possibly six white men, one of them carrying a badge, had repeatedly raped her in the woods in upstate New York. Sharpton took up Brawley's cause and defended her refusal to cooperate with prosecutors, saying that asking her to meet with New York's attorney general (who had been asked by Gov. Mario Cuomo to supervise the investigation) would be like "asking someone who watched someone killed in the gas chamber to sit down with Mr. Hitler." According to the Associated Press, Sharpton and Brawley's lawyers asserted "on 33 separate occasions" that a local prosecutor named Steven Pagones "had kidnapped, abused and raped" Brawley. There was no evidence, and Pagones was soon cleared. Sharpton then accused a local police cult with ties to the Irish Republican Army of perpetrating the alleged assault. The case fizzled when a security guard for Brawley's lawyers testified that the lawyers and Sharpton knew Brawley was lying. A grand jury investigation concluded in late 1988 that Brawley "was not the victim of forcible sexual assault" and that the whole thing was a hoax. The report specifically exonerated Pagones, and in 1998 Pagones won a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton, Brawley, and Brawley's lawyers. Sharpton was ordered to pay Pagones $65,000. Johnnie Cochran and other Sharpton benefactors subsidized the payment.

Another non-story, puffed up by the biggest puffer of them all, Al Sharpton.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Oh cry me a freakin river. Why were you possibly offended by it? It had nothing to do with you, or with 58 year olds, or men, or even black people. So then why were you possibly offended by it? Are you a chimp?

Don't act stupid, if you were raised in Jim Crow country you would know that blacks and monkeys have always been associated and used as a put down. Of the hundreds of animals that could have been used, why a monkey?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Don't be what? I'm sorry, I don't understand what you just wrote. Did you call me stupid in your response to me?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Of the hundreds of animals that could have been used, why a monkey?

Because the big story in the news that week was the monkey that they had to KILL because it mauled a woman!

That was the CONNECTION to the chimp.

Chimp shot dead after mauling woman
A 200-pound domesticated chimpanzee which once starred in TV commercials has been shot dead by police after a violent rampage that left a friend of its owner badly mauled.

Sandra Herold, who owned the 15-year-old chimp named Travis, wrestled with the animal, stabbed it and hit it with a shovel after it inexplicably attacked her friend Charla Nash.

The 55-year-old victim had gone to the home in Stamford to help her friend coax the chimp back into the house after he got out, said police. After the animal lunged at Ms Nash when she got out of her car, Ms Herold ran inside to call authorities and returned armed with a knife.

Stamford Police Captain Richard Conklin said: "She retrieved a large butcher's knife and stabbed her longtime pet numerous times in an effort to save her friend, who was really being brutally attacked."

Ms Herold told police the knife had no effect and that she had also struck Travis with a shovel.

Ms Nash was in critical condition following surgery for what Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy called "life-changing, if not life-threatening," injuries to her face and hands.

Cpt Conklin said it is not known what triggered the attack, but chimpanzee had been suffering from Lyme disease "so maybe from the medications he was out of sorts".

Travis ran away after the initial attack but returned and went after several police officers, who retreated into their cars.

An officer shot Travis several times after the animal opened the door to his cruiser and started to get in.

"The animal had cornered him," said Cpt Conklin. "He had no other recourse."

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If we put all the who wrote what issues aside then we are left with the question ,"Is showing President Obama as a chimp racist?"

Well, I know for a fact that President bush was depicted as a monkey\chimp on many occasions. Nobody complained. Why? because he is white. Now when we see the same cartoon about a black president, people scream racist.

I ask a simple question;

What is more racist, the people making the same exact jokes about both black and white presidents, or the people who are saying it's ok to make these jokes about whites but not about blacks?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

Is showing President Obama as a chimp racist

However, the cartoon was not depicting Obama as a chimp, it was depicting Congress as the Chimp for writing a Chump Bill., and yes, as I posted above, there are over one million web hits of Bush and monkeys, including the 2 I posted with dozens of pictures of Bush next to a monkey who they compare to Bush.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Tiloke

Is showing President Obama as a chimp racist

However, the cartoon was not depicting Obama as a chimp, it was depicting Congress as the Chimp for writing a Chump Bill.

I know that , You know that, Everyone knows that. That why I said to put all that aside.
We all know that the reason people find the cartoon offensive is because for some reason they think it depicts President Obama as a chimp.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well ill tell you at first i saw the cartoon i said its not racist thats stupid. But then i thought about it and it is! Chimps every where has been stereo typed how dare we accuse them as being stupid enough to write that stimulus bill. I think chimpanzees get a bad rap they are highly intelligent creatures and in know why should they be referred to as being stupid enough to write the garbage we have coming out of Washington

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The chimp was chosen to portray the people who wrote the stimulus because before that a chimp had mauled a women and was shot to death...simple as that if you say it was a racist cartoon towards Obama then fact is.......your not too bright or should pay attention more to the news and what's happening around the country.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

I know that , You know that, Everyone knows that.

Actually, not everyone knows. I was listening to Lou Dobbs on radio this afternoon. An African American man called in, and started attacking Lou Dobbs, for supporting the cartoonist. The man said that the cartoonist had no right to call Obama a chimp for SIGNING the bill. When Dobbs tried, very respectfully, to tell the man that the cartoon said "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill," the man said, well Obama WROTE the bill, and in the cartoon, Obama is being killed. Dobbs tried several times to explain the cartoon to him, but he kept ranting that everyone knows that monkeys are always compared to chimps.
Dobbs kept his cool, but this man just continued. When Dobbs asked him if he knew exactly what the cartoon said, the man said he didn't remember, but it was about killing Obama.
So much for intelligent discussions on radio.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
S&F for finding School House Rock and one that's appropriate to your point and so well written!

Absolute perfection... if I could S&F twice or more ... wull ... wull ... I might have to move to Ohio or something!

Next Up: Conjunction Junction (what's your function?)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Why is it that people always want to throw the race card. I am beginning to think the average IQ in the US is around 40 since people can't seem to think for themselves anymore.

Many times referring to a person as the "monkey" at the top simply meant he/she was being told what to do by someone unseen. Trying to refer to Prez. Obama as a "monkey" or "chimp" is only racist if you make it that way. I do not see him as a chimp or monkey racially but simply as the chimp, chump or monkey at the top with his strings being pulled by someone else. So far G.W. Bush Jr. has been the biggest monkey/chimp/chump of them all. But I am sure he got enough bananas to keep him happy for the rest of his life.

Obama is the President and I am Ok with that and have nothing against him and really would like for him to be the greatest prez. the US has ever had so far. It is not a matter of race it is a matter of integrity and can he do what is right for America.

Was the cartoon directed at him, maybe yes , maybe no maybe so but if you want to rant and rave about what might or might not be, I am sure you can find like minded people who will be glad to stroke your ego and pat you on the back. However, no one complained when it was G.W. Bush Jr. being depicted as a monkey, chimp or idiot. People need to get a grip.

Those that play the race card are nothing more than a bunch of ignorant chumps in my book. Next thing you know, someone will complain if Obama is depicted as a black man because it just might be racist!

Just my $.02

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join