It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because of the Chimp Cartoon, I must Educate!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The intent was all too clear. Monkeys in the congress and senate.
Monkey, indeed. Get off the soapbox and get a real job AL Sharpton!
For some one with a name Like Sharpton, he sure has a Dull intellect.
Nothing like a racist religious zealot. But I digress. All you need is GOD behind you when you spew filth to make it believable.

But the way, I would like to see happen a National Italian History Month.
A National White history Month. Yes? NO?
Or how about a National Large and in Charge month.

How a bout a real celebration, National Women's History month.

Also Why is it Black history month only reveres the history of the race since being in the United States. What? They didn't have a a history before coming here? I guess not.

We live in a country of double standards, where we bend over backward to breaking for the smallest thing.
We are all In the USA, Americans. Any additional labeling is both unnecessary and irrelevant and only serves to segregate us further.

More over, we are all HUMAN.
When are we going to stop all of the dim drivel we so egregiously spout off at the mouth. Then again, the more we strive to unite a people, the more reason THEY have to drive us apart.

[edit on 23/2/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The outrage is justified over this cartoon...but, the irrationality is not justified. We were all aware of references made to white politicians as monkeys, chimps or whatever. We have seen cartoons contrasting chimps to people, to show someones stupidity. However, never was there outrage over those incidents.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I'm not interested in your Racist tirade. You guys have fun with that. I've never seen the graphic in question.

As to the info about how a Bill gets passed. Presidents can and do author Bills and so do others, like Lobbyists. You could write one yourself if you can find a Member of Congress to host it. Congress must vote on them, but they don't always author them. Most Bills are a collaboration.

We now return you to the everybody is a Racist discussion
I confess, I don't like Reptilians. Make of that what you will. Flame on

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You're right. This is just an attempt of someone to drag out a topic that has been beaten to death. I don't even know why I entertained it at all.

I don't like reptilians either.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by JohnWorfin

You don't see the irony in your post?

... It isn't about the issues with you, it is about the past.
This is the problem.

Grow up.

Oh the Irony. I seem to remember a quote from somebody about some people forgetting/ignoring history and then repeating it or something but holy kr@p the irony is overwhelming. Grow up? this is ATS for peets sake. Did my post hit you too close to home? Are you a fan of the afore mentioned sites? Are you a fan of Sharpton? Why not just call it for what it is and have at it. Now if we could only steer this back to the butt-probing aliens from atlantis..............

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Say whatever you want. When it comes down to it the cartoon was not racist. It was BRAZENLY racist! Bubbling with bigotry! As much as I cant stand Rev Al and Rev Jessie(get a job guys!)they are dead on on this one. Arguing that the Post was satirizing congress is a stone cold cop out.

Had a black man not become president this cartoon wouldve never happened.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnWorfin

What on Earth are you talking about?
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Agreed. When I saw the cartoon I thought the Post was just making a joke about the recent "rampaging monkey" story, where a woman was mauled by a monkey she kept in her house, and where the monkey was shot to death be police, together with the seemingly incompetent way the "bail out" bill was constructed.

The president didn't write the bill! This is something we should know!

They're spinning that parody by taking advantage of most American's ignorance! (President's don't write bills!)

They needed to spin that into a racist thing in order to get on their soap boxes.

They need to keep racism alive to make their money, Rev Al, etc. Most intelligent people know that's not what the post was saying.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We don't even know that Obama was the target of the subject cartoon. However, there have been intentional portrayals of political figures as monkeys or apes in our history.

Political cartoons traditionally point up irony and hypocrisy without being explicit. They leave it to thinking people to understand and "get it."

People find it very easy to forget (if they ever bothered knowing) that one of the first politicians to be carricatured as a monkey was ...
ABRAHAM LINCOLN!
The very same guy that just last week some of the loudest shouters of "racism" named the greatest President ever!

The most recently so portrayed, by the way, was George W. Bush. More than once.

Where's the outrage over these?

Of course, this assumes that the cartoon in question even meant to skewer Obama; and, many agree it did not. The OP's point is true and well-taken.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

And some here are just underdog sympathizers no matter what the situation. Tree huggers and bunny huggers that believe that no man or woman is ever guilty of anything nor should they take responsibility for anything. You seem to have an excuse for everything. I take issue with people like you that keep racism alive.
I'll lay it on the line for everyone right now. I firmly believe that if a man or woman is the most qualified for the job then they should get the job reguardless of their color or sex. I do believe that Obama was elected based on his ethnicity. Again if someone is the most qualified, not because they are black. I know I'm gonna het responses to this, but think about things for a moment. America has gone black crazy. With the rap culture so strongly popular with the youth and the pimped out rides, I just sit back and watch and do not understand it. Think about it,,,, how often do you see a black teen walking around singing Creed, or Metallica, or George Strait? All you see is white teensemulating black people, singing rap music and hip hop. You will be hard pressed to turn on a movie anymore without seeing a mixed race couple. Not knocking the mixed race thing but why force it down our throats? Hollywood has pressed the issue for years, until now it seems it's the in thing to be black. It seems to be a reverse race trend going now.
I am in management where I work and we have to go through hell and back to even write up one of my black employees. Literally I am required to send the writeup to our legal department for approval before I can give it to my black teammates. I tried to push the matter and was told to drop it. Everytime I have counseled a teammate, the EEOC has been called and discrimination was declared. I have 20 employees directly under me and only 2 are white. I hired one of them and the day he started I received a call from my corporate office stating a call was made to the EEOC complaining that the white boss hired a white employee. I had a sales slot to fill and Affirmative Action informed us that we needed another black person on the sales team and another woman. They said we couldkill two birds with one stone by hiring a black woman. I have no black female applicants so the slot is still open after 3 months.
I am sick of it. Obama had what 2 years of political experience and no military experience at all, but yet he is the commander in chief of our military ! He has only been in office for a month and people are trying to do away with term limits so he can stay indeffinitely. He hasn't done anything yet to warrant that kind of reaction besides being black. So to all of you on here that wish to keep racism alive by pissing and moaning about any and everything that you deem may be offensive or unfair to a black person I say knock it off. You serve no purpose. You are the true racists.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I have to agree with you here, but I feel I need to clarify myself a bit.

IMO, this cartoon was not in any way, shape, nor form racist. However, allowing this to continue contributes to the sentiments of race directly.

By creating an avenue to argue its legitimacy, or lack thereof, you are indirectly contributing to racist dialogue.
The correct response to this puzzle is to just leave it alone. The controversial cartoon would therefore, be a bomb and nobody would be the wiser. Therefore, the racist's objectives fail before they begin...
And THAT ladies and gentlemen, would be the sign of a civilization that has ACTUALLY moved beyond the issue.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well this is in the Education section, and I did state that lobbyists write bills, but could you please show me a sample of a Presidential written bill. We have had what 44 Presidents, it should be easy to find a bill written/authored by a President for you to share with us.

I am not a racist and calling someone one doesn't mean you win anything. And to start off by saying you haven't even seen the cartoon but you have an opinion that it is racist shows everyone where you stand.

I am trying to keep this thread from the racist rants of the multiple other threads and sites, as stated in my posts, I want to educate the people to the PROCESS of how the Stimulus Bill was passed and how the LAW and Constitution require it. That is the only reason that this cartoon was ever a story particularly one about racism, IGNORANCE OF HOW GOVERNMENT OPERATES.

I won't get in any argument about whether or not blacks have ever been called monkeys, because the assumption that therefore all remarks or pictures about monkeys mean black. Did you not see my post that said monkey does NOT mean black?

Of course the race baiters would still scream but if the people understood government and how it worked the race baiters would often fall on deaf ears, and particularly in this current case. I will state the obvious again for those that missed it.

The cartoon says they need to find a new WRITER for the next stimulus bill, and shows a chimp being shot.

The two Sponsors of the stimulus bill in the two houses were two white guys, Harry Reid and David Obey. All of the co-sponsors in the senate are white including Hillary Clinton. Barrack Obama did not VOTE ON, WRITE, or SPONSOR the stimulus bill and in no way can be linked to it in a writer capacity and therefore can in no way be considered the dead chimp in the cartoon,

UNLESS...

You see racists everywhere you look and/or you don't know who writes legislation.

The motto of ATS is deny ignorance the best way to do that is to EDUCATE. Please watch the video on my first post to see the process of Bills becoming Laws

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
For 8 years certain ultra left groups commonly referred to President Bush as a chimp, most likely because of his perceived lack of intelligence.

I don't think Mr. Obama is that smart, and I certainly think he is not as smart as President Bush. If I believe that, could I also refer to Mr. Obama as a chimp? Because if I couldn't, that would be a huge double standard.

As far as the cartoon...I don't see any relation to the chimp and Mr. Obama...but for those who do...where were you when Bush was pinned with that label? Where was your outrage then?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Feel free to insult the man's intelligence, for all I care. Afterall, I and many others have already told folks that the chimp issue is one of intelligence, not color.
That being said, I'm afraid you are arguing an uphill battle. Obama was a constitutional professor at an ivy league school. Meanwhile, Bush was one POINT above failing his flight entrance exam for the AirForce.... But by all means, PLEASE divert this topic away from racism.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I'm not talking about just the posters of ATS. The media, the people protesting, etc., are all wasting their energy on this.

reply to post by Uniceft17

You bring up a good point. This will be my last post in the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Um, before rap there was rock. You know who invented rock? Black people. In the 50's and 60's all of the first popular waves of music and dance were created and demonstrated by blacks. The black dominance in popular music didn't change until white parents started complaining about it. The jitter bug, swing dance, even the twist...James Brown, Big Mama, The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, Tina Turner, MOTOWN!

I honestly think you are living in a distorted reality. Everything you see travels through your perceptive filter. If you were to see things objectively, you would know that the media still shows predominately whites, especially when it comes to showing women.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Great post. I sent emails to everyone on the NAACP's contact page, saying the same thing. My choice of words was different, but I did manage to avoid calling them a bunch of retarded monkeys who couldn't understand the American process of law making. I was actully quite proud of that fact....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Nobama was not a professor at an Ivy league college. He tought briefly at a state college. Univ of Chicago to be precise and it was very brief. Even back then his focus was civil rights. Clearly we have elected a racially biased president.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Part of the news media seems to be to disinform and manipulate. The continual negative media coverage of the stock market seems to also be part of the plan.

i readily agree with you on this, the media has control on everyone and everything, if someone says something they can blow it completely outta proportion and make the acctual good person seem like and badguy, and vise versa, if the people dont get a grip on what they believ, like wat this whole thread was about people being able to take things outta context, we will end up like the people in the movie idiocracy, if u havnt watched it you need to to understand wat im talkin about.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Nice rant, but this 58 year old white man was offended by that cartoon and from my perspective, it was aimed at Obama and disrespectful. It's their right to run it but it is my right to be disgusted by it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join