It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa: Arcadia allowing troop deployment!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Iowa: Arcadia allowing troop deployment!?!

www.carrollspaper.com

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This scares me beyond belief.
Is this even legal?

The biggest question is why are they doing this.. home searches? For the military? The people of the town are allowing this to happen? If you read the article it goes on to explain they are going to block off streets and go door to door. It just seems like training in an American city for something a lot of people here and elsewhere think is possible.. and as I said earlier it scares me that a lot of what I don't want to think about may indeed be true and may start happening.

If this is a repost sorry, I searched first.

www.carrollspaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The article does state that the residents are only being asked to participate and not forced to in any way. Any participation is completely voluntary, I don't think this is really anythin to be worried about!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
According to World Net Daily, the exercise has been "scaled back" and "no longer involves and invasion" which can be found here.

Indeed an interesting story.

Edit: To clean up some things.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Gtex23]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gtex23
According to World Net Daily, the exercise has been "scaled back" and "no longer involves and invasion" which can be found here.

Indeed an interesting story.

Edit: To clean up some things.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Gtex23]

Yeah thats what A.J said..
They were scaling it back.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
eh this is no big deal, i'm happy our military is training for the worst.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Chieef]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What a great Idea! To de-sensitize the public to the military intrusive presence! If anyone thinks this is a good idea, they should think about how, psychologically, we can tricked into imprisoning ourselves by embracing radical change in our society as "good". Sure, this is being played as a search for an arms dealer. Or, it could be training for house to house searches for those who oppose the PTB. In either event, military checkpoints and searches should scare the hell out of all of us.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good greif! Dont people ever check to see if someone has already started a thread about the topic they post? To do 5 minutes of looking cant hurt people, this is like the 20th thread about the same topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

MODS, redirect and close???

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You honestly believe our own military would turn against the people? If SHTF and our economy collapses would you rather have a military that is unprepared for total chaos that would likely ensue?

top topics

join