It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do in the event of a spillover from mexico? and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
just want to see what people would do in this type of situation that we have brewing on the mexico border. If this happens to spill over into Arizona/Texas they are going to wish they stayed back in Mexico, but i was just wondering what you would do?

would you find other people that have guns/possible military experience?

would you bring your friends along?

travel by car?

by the way this forum, and the news is talking, it seems almost as if this can happen within six months.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Since this in the survival forum the prudent answer is to avoid the conflicted area especially if it a troops versus civilian dressed situation. That said if a militia is supporting US forces to help suppress advancement and/or drive opposing forces back across the border, then it becomes a personal choice to join ranks or not. Keep in mind that you could indeed be shot and killed by opposing or even friendly fire. The fog of war is a very real situation especially by those that are not combat hardened.

When flight is not an option at all, it is always better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Since this in the survival forum the prudent answer is to avoid the conflicted area especially if it a troops versus civilian dressed situation. That said if a militia is supporting US forces to help suppress advancement and/or drive opposing forces back across the border, then it becomes a personal choice to join ranks or not. Keep in mind that you could indeed be shot and killed by opposing or even friendly fire. The fog of war is a very real situation especially by those that are not combat hardened.

When flight is not an option at all, it is always better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6.

great post. But considering that the government does not care, it might take a while for military forces to intervene

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looking at the collapsing US economy, its slide in the global leadership stakes, the over extraction of water in the grain growing mid west and So Cal areas etc etc,the problems with oil supply and use etc its more likely to be Americans moving south to mid and central America where they have loads of oil, water, space etc.

Already in the hills on the western side of mexico large numbers of Brits and Americans are living because the cost of food, fuel, housing etc is much much less than in the UK and US. one can buy a weeks supply of groceries ( excluding meat) for less than 18 USD ( veg, fruit etc)

The problem is the gringos are easily as unpopular in Mexico as the wetbacks are in the US, but unfortunately for the millions of decent American people the antics of their recent governments backed up with the actions of some rednecks has meant that most Americans are no longer welcome in much of the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have to tell you guys that I live right across from Tijuana here in San Diego and the locals( Americans) have no special love or hate for most Mexicans. We are mostly nieghbors who have friends and family on both sides of the border. Only a "extremely" small group of crazies would try to intervene in what's going on below the border and the Feds are crawling all over the place around here with Homeland Security and Border Patrol everywhere. We have had some of the drug warfare spill over into some of the American communities, but believe me the folks that have to worry the most are the Mexicans in Mexico.
I have close friends with family on both sides and they are appalled by the ceaseless drug gang warfare. Since the Federales and US drug enforcement have taken out the Felix-Arellano Drug Cartell, all of their underlings and friendly competitors are really busy be-heading each other and worse. The Mexican Govt. officials are nearly as corrupt as the civil service of the Ming Dynasty in China were.
It is a situation ripe for spec war guys to fix, similar to the Columbian situation that we have been actively working for nearly 3 decades. If troops are needed on the border the Marines are right up the street at Camp Pendleton, but they will only get involved after HLS can't handled the game. I believe that we will intervene covertly before that happens and no one will ever admit it in this lifetime.
But as far as civilians getting involved in a vigilante fashion, I feel that would be a very dangerous and perilous route to take. The local and federal authorities will not allow that to happen without slapping them down and taking them out also, along with the bad guys. There is nothing worse than a bunch of amatuers screwing up a good op.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You mean the long dreaded "Brown Dawn Scenario" where America is invaded via it back door by all of south America? I'm going to set up a tamale and taco stand and make a fortune!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what to do in case of a spill over....

1st you will find out really fast that resistance if futile, there could be a lot of spill over Mexicans. Learn what Mexicans like, and trade with them. I heard they like tequila and siestas. So go buy a couple thousand bottles of tequila and a lot of hammocks, and you should be 3 steps ahead of all the others. Peace and good luck.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Actually Mexico and the UK have very similar economic situations: a huge amount of wealth concentrated in the hands of the few with the remainder of the wealth spread out over a large population. Of course Mexico has about twice population of the UK with much less GDP. The Northern Mexican states have far closer economic ties to the US than they do Mexico City much as Scotland rumbles about the North Sea oil wealth flowing to England without benefit to Scotland.. Mexico has the 13-14th largest GDP and one of the largest producers of crude oil. Yet, most of its people really struggle to survive daily and it average income is somewhere at about 1/6th that of the US. I believe that when(not if) the govt't fails that the border states will form a new nation as part of the American Commonwealth to form a buffer between the US and what's left of Mexico.

Mexico has a 16th century European colonial style economy and as long as it concentrates its wealth in the hands of Los Ochos Familias. it will lag behind it's northern neighbors the US and Canada.

new topics

top topics

join