It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marks of the suposed atlantis site, result of boat sonar maping? I dont buy it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is not going to be along thread, I just wanted to ask people or anyone that can show me on google earth any other boat mapping designs on the ocean floor besides the one that was recently found..

If these are the only markings that anyone can find, i'd presume there lieing..

Does anyone else know any other parts of the world where they do boat mapping? Then we could look on google earth at them areas and see if the same lines are there also..

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
lol, that a GIGANTIC hidden city exists in an area we actually know a fair bit about and have reliable underwater maps for, etc is totally fine, no further proof needed that it's atlantis BUT that google's massive project to put millions of images together automatically will cause some annomolys and bad data? NEVER!!!!

Google earth is full of such problems, hehe just check out any of the 'i can see an alien from space' or 'secret alien base spotted on google' threads

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
lol, that a GIGANTIC hidden city exists in an area we actually know a fair bit about and have reliable underwater maps for, etc is totally fine, no further proof needed that it's atlantis BUT that google's massive project to put millions of images together automatically will cause some annomolys and bad data? NEVER!!!!

Google earth is full of such problems, hehe just check out any of the 'i can see an alien from space' or 'secret alien base spotted on google' threads

Who knows alot about what? Do you? Who made these reliable maps you talk about? Government sponcered institutions? Dont make me laugh, why would it be so fantastic that you couldnt concieve an under water ancient city called atlantis, that if we did find proof, our whole history would be re-arranged over night.

Why do you talk like this, like you know for a fact.. Do you actually know what the implications would be for our governments if we actually found proof of atlantis? They wont let it happen, they already know my friend, trust me.. How could you ever trust a government sponcered group that maps the ocean? After all the lies we've been told, through every minute of every day all our lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

Why do you talk like this, like you know for a fact.. Do you actually know what the implications would be for our governments if we actually found proof of atlantis? They wont let it happen, they already know my friend, trust me.. How could you ever trust a government sponcered group that maps the ocean? After all the lies we've been told, through every minute of every day all our lives.

Why so?

I mean, what's so earth shattering about Atlantis? It's already part of our folklore/history! If we did find it, my bet is that it would just be a pile of rubble like "Troy" and so many other ancient ruins were. Sure it would be extremely interesting and we might find some neat artifacts (gold, pottery and masonry) but I don't see any kind of conspiracy in hiding it. That's highly imaginative at best.

If you choose to make a rebuttal to my post, please use accepted facts as opposed to ramblings, hearsay, rumor or paranoia otherwise I can't take it seriously.

IRM

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You can do this with in a minute or less:
Go to Google
Select maps
chose satellite
go to Ireland
look to the left of Ireland on the seabed

How many Atlantisis were there????????

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I never really bought it in the first place, I mean since it's at the bottom of the ocean it must have incurred some cataclysmic event, yet it remains almost perfectly square...?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Why would anyone want to hide atlantis? As infaredman says it would just be a pile of rocks like troy. Ok so it proves that Babylon was not the first civerlization which rewrites a fair bit of history, but being as how we know it was about 16,000 years ago that we first started to dabble at art and crafts this give us ten thousand years in which near enough anything could have happened. The ice age would have got in the way of development no doubt but we even have a thousand year period of warmth in the middle of all that cold which would have been perfect for a nation of seamen to quickly develop, sail about and then die out. -Science accepts that it #might# be possible, i'm sure most scientists would be only too happy to know for sure.

The corporations could sell diving trips, atlantis hats, atlantis fish bowls, etc, etc, etc ad nausium. The governments and shadow governments would be over the moon if something this interesting happened, the news would be "ATLANTIS, Atlantis, atlantis, ATLANTIS, Government messed up the economy, ATLANTIS" which would be a really good thing for them.

Why do you think anyone would want to hide it?

hehe and chad, good point -interestingly plato said it was supposed to be round (they didn't print that bit in the sun) maybe the circle broke and folded into a perfect square! Haha

[edit on 23-2-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I understand what the OP is referring to. Finding Atlantis would be like finding a Vimana from Ancient India. Too controversial. Too much work with re-writing History. Too much everything. Better put it to rest as a misidentification so that people forget about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The story was front page in a UK newspaper lol

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
I understand what the OP is referring to. Finding Atlantis would be like finding a Vimana from Ancient India. Too controversial. Too much work with re-writing History. Too much everything. Better put it to rest as a misidentification so that people forget about it.

Finding Atlantis would be like finding a Vimana? How so? Rocks don't equate to an ancient aircraft... or are you saying they flew Vimana's in Atlantis. Can't remember Homer raving on about that, or are you privy to a history that no one else knows of.

Sorry but I'm having extreme difficulty making any logical sense out of your rationale. Why the controversy? Why is it better we forget about Atlantis? Explain in detail?

BTW, we make additions to history all the time. Remember the Dead Sea Scrolls, remember the Rosetta Stone.. or more recently the Gospel of Judas? Just a few instances for you to ponder upon and wonder why they weren't covered up!

IRM

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

hehe and chad, good point -interestingly plato said it was supposed to be round (they didn't print that bit in the sun) maybe the circle broke and folded into a perfect square! Haha

LOL! Nice points Natureboy! I like the "folded into a perfect square" theory.. and it's kind of poetic and analogous to trying to shove a square through a round hole. That is, in essence, what is exactly happening here!

Nice one man!

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So help me out here, can sonar makes lines like that?Is that normal, or is that the first one?

new topics

top topics

join