It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA talks little green men with Vatican

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Don't worry about Religions or religious people in general, they will eventually adapt as they have in the past. Religions will adapt or they will disappear.

When Copernicus introduced his Copernican system many people saw this as threat to their religious beliefs. Same with Darwin and his theory of Evolution. But the majority of people, and even some Church(es) have come to accept them.

Yes, there are still many ignorant and fanatic religious people who deny Evolution for instance, but there is nothing we can do about those people. These people have made up their minds and nothing, no amount of evidence or arguments will ever change them.

If and when the notion that intelligent extra-terrestrial life exists, or might even be visiting us, becomes undeniable the religious fanatics will do what they always do at first: try to assimilate the idea into their religious beliefs so it doesn't conflict with them. Some will call them demons, some will call them angels, others perhaps will even go to call them Gods.

But eventually everyone, including the religious fanatics, will accept things as they really are, as we continue to learn and understand more about our Universe and our place in it.

Radical changes in our society will never happen without any significant amount of 'unrest' from most or certain parts of society. To think otherwise would be foolish, but the idea that because it will cause too much unrest, or it will upset most religions, we shouldn't pursue these ideas or even find out if we're alone in the Universe (as I've seen it written here before) is preposterous.

Man will do many things, but suddenly stop wanting to know the answers isn't one of them.

I am thankful you have all of the answers so i and my family can sleep oh so safe this evening!

it seems you have found all the answers,

you are still welcome you know

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I don't have all the answers, nor did I claim to. In fact I do not see how you infer that from my post.

Care to explain? I'll gladly respond to a more substantive and explicit post.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Read about this 12 months ago in the catholic paper in Ireland

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can see it now, the space ship lands and immediately there is a knock on the door. The Aliens open the door and there stands two nice looking young people, all dressed up....

"Hello, Were from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints."

Looking beyond them they see two Jehovah Witness riding their bikes like mad to get in line..

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What some people overlook: The heliocentric worldview isnt correct, and the geocentric isnt wrong. Geocentric is just insanely more complicated than heliocentric. See, its space. You can put 0/0 anywhere you like. Contemporarys of galilleo knew that a lot of calculations got easier and more exact if you asummed the sun as 0/0. And they did it. The church had no problem with that, as long as they didnt say that it was more than "an easier way to calculate stuff"

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Of course, as time goes on we see the complexity and size of the universe, religious people will have to somehow sneak new phenomena & information to fit into their holy texts.

However, what the article doesn't mention is how Vatican astronomers wish to convert & baptize these aliens.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Originally posted by converge
Man will do many things, but suddenly stop wanting to know the answers isn't one of them.

Ok last try... there is only one way, some people just taje alonger time to realise it. That is not to say that you are oneof those people, all men are born with the equal opportunity to become unequal

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think the contrary is true and that humanity in its first Godless century had to make up something else so they wouldn't feel like a child trapped alone in a huge dark and creaking warehouse.

I don't ponder evangelizing aliens etc., there ain't any - get over it and get on with it.

Alien life forms are a nonsense - there's just us and the creator who put us, the exception, in the vast lifeless emptiness of space as the sole focus of His love. It would serve this Jesuit better not to discuss the possibilities of other life forms in the universe but to speak the truth of our loneliness on this little rock onto which He sent His Son for Our salvation. We are less than specks of the material reality and yet it's all been created as the theatre for the great theandric drama.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i find this strange given that nasa exists to hide the existence of REAL E.T life and to cover up the existence of the future here by disguising the future as funky green men....fake aliens.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
fake aliens.

take note for anyone who does not believe this words will be in deception.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Aleins being us from the future makes 0 sense. Saying that the grays are a dying species and needs our genetic material to survive is a load of bullcrap to. These are 2 senarios where motivation is illogical and ignorant.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I had a saying a while back, something to the effect of,

For the religious, their bible is their lens into reality, shatter that and they're lost. Shatter the reality lens of a non-religious man, and he'll form a new one, he was already trying to shatter it himself.
Lenses can distort, and focus.

If you keep smashing your lens constantly, you're exposed to reality on a constant basis. You can tell what's distorted, and what's focused. Though, nobody wants to face harsh reality all day, that's why we have our lenses.

If you've had the same lens your entire life, how do you know if it's distorted? How can you, you've never seen anything different, you were handed that lens (your bible), and you've never learned how to make one yourself.

It seems to me that the introduction of an extraterrestrial species would defy much of what many religious people believe... in effect shattering their reality.

Where-as I feel the rest of us will deal quite well with it, (aside from those who've watched too many horror sci-fi flicks.).

You see, it's quite commonplace for the non-religious to question our environment, to ask "if this were different, how would things be?"... in this case to ask, "If we knew of other species out there, what would we do first? How would we say hi? etc."
Where-as I've noticed that the deeply religious tend to answer the question before they've really thought into it. It's different, so the answer to them is an automatic NO.

They quite simply don't want their lens shattered.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Aleins being us from the future makes 0 sense. Saying that the grays are a dying species and needs our genetic material to survive is a load of bullcrap to. These are 2 senarios where motivation is illogical and ignorant.

what the hell are you talking about?, i never said it was us from the future,i never mentioned anything about a dying species needing dna......are you in a different world to me!?

i talk of future artificial intelligence,unrelated to humans who need no dna or anything..........

im puzzled,what exactly are you reading which i said?,this is what i said and this is what i see on my monitor...

i find this strange given that nasa exists to hide the existence of REAL E.T life and to cover up the existence of the future here by disguising the future as funky green men....fake aliens.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What reasoning do you have for Aliens purely being AI. Although it is possible i dont see the logic behind that meshing in with ANY of the millions of theorys that are out there.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

fake aliens.

you take wha i say completly out of context which indicates you feel threatened by what i say and seek to undermine it.

what i said is that there are real aliens but they are being hidden from humans,and that our futures artificial intelligence is pretending to be aliens as disguise....

what is clear is there is deception going on,we have the grays who are nothing but manufactured ais who are designed to look like future humans pretending to be aliens,there not future humans as they are silica aerogel ais wiht not one iota of biology or human dna....and there not aliens as that what they tell everyone they are.

so they are either aliens who are pretending to be future humans.....,or the future pretending to be aliens....or the grays are nothing but a distraction which is clearly the intent given the confusion their nature creates.....they are meant to confuse so something is being hidden,the nature of what made them and what is controlling them.

they are pretending to be both aliens and future humans,which leaves one culprit never mentioned,future ai!
under cosmic law,if they were aliens they wouldnt be able to get away with attacking another planet it would be stopped,but they are and its being tolerated albiet under rules of engagement which indicates its earth attacking itself.

the passers of cosmic law like not to interfere to much with a planets timeline,this inter temporal war which are quiet common are regarded as part of a planets time line so they are somwhat tolerated,aliens attacking other planets however is not fair game as the time lines are seperate.

decpetion is at hand,and that deception all points to future ai being hidden.and they are hostile its obvious.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

fake aliens.

you take wha i say completly out of context which indicates you feel threatened by what i say and seek to undermine it.

what i said is that there are real aliens but they are being hidden from humans,and that our futures artificial intelligence is pretending to be aliens as disguise....

what is clear is there is deception going on,we have the grays who are nothing but manufactured ais who are designed to look like future humans pretending to be aliens,there not future humans as they are silica aerogel ais wiht not one iota of biology or human dna....and there not aliens as that what they tell everyone they are.

so they are either aliens who are pretending to be future humans.....,or the future pretending to be aliens....or the grays are nothing but a distraction which is clearly the intent given the confusion their nature creates.....they are meant to confuse so something is being hidden,the nature of what made them and what is controlling them.
eaves one canditate future ais!

they are pretending to be both aliens and future humans,which leaves one culprit never mentioned,future ai!
under cosmic law,if they were aliens they wouldnt be able to get away with attacking another planet it would be stopped,but they are and its being tolerated albiet under rules of engagement which indicates its earth attacking itself.

the passers of cosmic law like not to interfere to much with a planets timeline,this inter temporal war which are quiet common are regarded as part of a planets time line so they are somwhat tolerated,aliens attacking other planets however is not fair game as the time lines are seperate.

decpetion is at hand,and that deception all points to future ai being hidden.and they are hostile its obvious.

There is no reason for future AI to wage war on its past... or to even change its past. WHY would they want to do that.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok here is what I think.....first of all , Im christian that is far from perfect. I work as a paleontologist. It is certain that Giants were here long ago. The thread about the Baalbek foundation stones and other structures scattered around the planet, leaked dig photos and that mesuem in Texas with the 42 inch human femar, and the references in the bible, Gen 6:4 , I feel that we were a lot smarter long ago to the point that we colonized other planets, so just like on this rock , where you live has a great deal with how you look , Imagine generations living on another planet, how it would effect the look over thousands of years.Aliens ? naah , halfbreeds fallen angels and us. So why is our gov keepin it secret ? because once everyone finds out who they really are , doo doo will hit the fan.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I am gonna post this link purely for the horrible feeling it instills. it is not for the faint hearted and also,

I make a disclaimer up front transparent.

This is not my opinion, nor intended to be. if you misconstrue this disclaimer then you have missed the point of it.

theres a few points in there that attracted my attention.

if you can't see past the out of date technolgy and the craziness of it then thats your issue,

The reason i post is because when i read it and i read it all, it takes a while, i was not feeling to great after it...

see whatyou think

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

no i did not....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join