It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diebold 'offices' listed in yellow pages are mostly Wal-Marts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Diebold 'offices' listed in yellow pages are mostly Wal-Marts

rawstory.com

Kathy Dopp, founder of UtahCountVotes.org, reported that a company representative told the decision-makers in 2006 that Diebold “has about 20 offices in Utah.” When pressed further, the representative refused to give the locations of any of the offices.

...when the addresses of offices listed under Diebold in the White Pages were visited, the addresses turned out to belong to either a Wal-Mart, a Sam's Club, or no building at all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

...a similar scam existed in New York, with another Diebold listing in Buffalo turning out to be a Wal-Mart. Out of 13 listings in Florida, 5 turned out to be Wal-Marts. Similar office listings have been uncovered in Alabama, Mississippi, and New Hampshire.

No surprise really, considering this is Diebold we are talking about.

But what is a surprise to me is that it appears that WalMart/Sams may be involved in some kind of conspiracy here. How is it that no one from a WalMart or Sams hasn't noticed this in the past and informed the authorities??

Hehe, I wouldn't of even believed it myself, except for one slight little problem:

Wal-Mart Warns Workers Of Democratic Win

The measure, called the Employee Free Choice Act, would allow labor organizations to unionize workplaces without secret ballot elections. It was co-sponsored by Barack Obama, the presumed Democratic presidential candidate, and opposed by John McCain, the presumed Republican nominee.

The original report from The Wall Street Journal:

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is mobilizing its store managers and department supervisors around the country to warn that if Democrats win power in November, they'll likely change federal law to make it easier for workers to unionize companies -- including Wal-Mart.

In recent weeks, thousands of Wal-Mart store managers and department heads have been summoned to mandatory meetings at which the retailer stresses the downside for workers if stores were to be unionized.

According to about a dozen Wal-Mart employees who attended such meetings in seven states, Wal-Mart executives claim that employees at unionized stores would have to pay hefty union dues while getting nothing in return, and may have to go on strike without compensation. Also, unionization could mean fewer jobs as labor costs rise ...

The Wal-Mart human-resources managers who run the meetings don't specifically tell attendees how to vote in November's election, but make it clear that voting for Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama would be tantamount to inviting unions in, according to Wal-Mart employees who attended gatherings in Maryland, Missouri and other states.

"The meeting leader said, 'I am not telling you how to vote, but if the Democrats win, this bill will pass and you won't have a vote on whether you want a union,'" said a Wal-Mart customer-service supervisor from Missouri. "I am not a stupid person. They were telling me how to vote," she said.

So my premise here is that WalMart, fearing a unionization, allowed Diebold to use their store addresses in order to do things like mentioned in the original article and present the illusion of a bigger presence to Utah.

But the fact now that it has done so not only in Utah, but many other states, only lends more credence to the theory. Combined with the known questionable ethics of Diebold, this is all adding up to one stinking mess. The red flags are going up all over the place for me here.

Wal-Mart to Employees: Vote Stupid!

Wal-Mart kicked off its new, employee “Vote Stupid” campaign recently by calling managers to mandatory meetings where they were encouraged to be, well, stupider.

“You’re already a little daft to be working for an evil empire like ours,” Wal-Mart officials reportedly told managers in such meetings. “But there are ways you can be much, much thicker. That’s what the Vote Stupid campaign is all about. This is your time. Vote against your best interests. Vote Stupid.”

Wal-Mart informed employees that by voting against their own best interests — by voting against Democrats promoting legislation to make union organizing easier inside union-busting companies like Wal-Mart — they’d be selflessly voting in the best interests of others, namely Wal-Mart’s.

The company says its multi-million dollar, Vote Stupid outreach program is just another one of the ways Wal-Mart shows its employee “family” it cares.

“We treat all our employees like family,” said Wal-Mart officials. “Being an Arkansas company, that has sometimes been a problem. But not as much as it used to be. These days, it’s mostly just chaining doors shut to keep cleaning crews inside, that kind of stuff.”

Wal-Mart considers their Vote Stupid campaign not only pro-family, but pro-American.

“Bottom line, this country just does better when our employees don’t.”

So I guess voting stupid wasn't enough? How about we use Diebold to add a little extra insurance?

My guess is that the continual work of people like Bev Harris, and sites like blackboxvoting.org and BradBlog may have caused enough disruption to their little scheme that Diebold couldn't deliver across the board and failed just enough to allow Obama to win.

And more here:
Is Wal-Mart crossing the legal line with anti-Democratic campaign?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This story really bugs me.

If Diebold lied in claiming false addresses at WalMart and Sams Club stores, what in the world are these people doing behind the scenes with electronic voting machines? They shouldn't be anywhere near our voting system, or for that matter, anyone else's.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Maybe they have secret hideouts under Walmart or Sam's Club. Ya never know.. you know like batman and the bat cave, or Osama and the Afgan cave.. kinda the same thing just different smell.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

So this doesn't bother you at all? They are fricken liars man!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Now if it bothered me that every time some moron lied about something, I would be one stressed cat.. believe me I have enough stress as it is.

Besides, we get lied to about alot more things other than this.. you know more detrimental like I donno, the bankruptcy of America, or wars for no reason, or who actually pulled off 9/11. or even who killed Kennedy. there are alot more things to worry about.. I just take note and move along to the next pile of hoopla.

Not much else we can do unless we all stand together.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How very...strange. What does this mean? Any records of ownership showing the same parent corporation? What on earth?!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Great Find!

Is there a possibility that Diebold used these locations as polling places?

Just trying to find a reason why these places are connected...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Heh, funny, that was the first thing I thought of too, and went searching. But I could not find any instances of that. Instead I found those other stories of WalMart holding mandatory managers meetings to encourage their employees to vote against Obama. I stopped shopping there long ago, and will only go there if I really, really have to. If they could figure out a way to take all those crappy jobs and put them in China to make even more money, they would have already done so.

new topics

top topics

join