It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Riots in France

www.cogwriter.com

Why might riots in France be a sign?

Notice the following Catholic writing:

Civil war breaks out in France and Italy at almost the same time. This is the sign given by many prophets that the Chastisement has begun…

This will spread to general wars, and, famine and pestilence (the usual by-products of war)…

Some Moslems will cause great trouble for the Church and Europe in general…

The Great King will lead his forces to…victory…

The Great King will be crowned Holy Roman Emperor by the reigning Pope.

(Birch, DA. Trial, Tribulation & Triumph: Before During and After Antichrist. Queenship Publishing Company, Goleta (CA), 1996, pp. 553-555)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
the fact is that the France is going to be the first country in Europe to face a great riots. they always have beeen pretty on the first line and in previous years prooved to be capable to move a masses in the protests. sometimes pretty violent.

please read whole article. it is not only the describing the economical caused rages but the background of it in the bible and prophecies. I am not stating that this kind of prophecies are to be trusted but I have to admit that France has a pretty well foundaments to start the fire in Europe.

www.cogwriter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is very interesting. We have to see how this develops but it kinda does have the feeling that certain things are being set in place just like they were suppose to.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
What, you mean Greece doesn't count?

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
What, you mean Greece doesn't count?

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by projectvxn]

agreed when looking at the greece riots the france riot of 200 people looks like nothing.

I would hardly call the situation in france a major riot and the christian publication seems more like self fulfilling prophecy mumbo jumbo but hey thats just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They've obviously never seen a French "manif," or manifestation, their slang for a protest.

The French, like the Italians, take to the streets all the time. It is a national pastime, usually with a carnival air; there is music and floats and lots of chanting and clapping and everybody's delighted because it's a day off from work and because of their innate joy in periodically gumming up the works just to do so. They enjoy street protest, it's part of the culture, everyone does it.

You even had the unemployed go on strike a few years ago--I kid you not--and people took it seriously and the gov't negotiated a settlement with a straight face.

This article is religious-apocalyptic paranoia. France is comfy and the French know it, and the country will not explode in the violent way depicted here, and it certainly won't be on the frontline either.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The story says 200 people....you sure the local pub just didn't close, not exactly a riot imo.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

I couldnt agree more, ive just married a French girl and the French do not need much of a reason to pull up stumps and go for a moan. Its rather entertaining and France has a good comfortable way of life because of this. They dont take to change well, i cant see any French goverment wanting to upset the masses to much. But then i guess thats what your saying.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

that is something I do agree too. the fact that the demonstrations are a part of french coulture is the reason I belive that it could start there (as the revolution did and caused the monarchies to fall all over europe).

the number of 200 is surely not amasing but as you hopefully know there were much bigger ones lately (I have no idea why they used this example in the article but it is not me to blame) including the 100 000 past month.

and for the way french people are protesting - just see the numbers of burned cars every New Year eve's party. the problem is that the number of african, arabian born citizens is for example in the suberbs of Paris increasing very rapidly. this is not a french coulture anymore.

the mixcure of the historically backgrounded love to protests and the agression and anger coming from immigrants can in fact make the situation beyond any control from the administration.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

I have a question about this from the original article:

Civil war breaks out in France and Italy at almost the same time. This is the sign given by many prophets that the Chastisement has begun…

The citation in the news source says this:

Birch, DA. Trial, Tribulation & Triumph: Before During and After Antichrist. Queenship Publishing Company, Goleta (CA), 1996, pp. 553-555

Who are the 'many prophets' that author is referring to? Although Rome is mentioned in the Bible, I know of nothing prophesying anything about France and Italy specifically, nevertheless about civil war (and I study Biblical prophecy almost daily).

I'm assuming these are extrabiblical 'prophets' so does anyone know who they are?

P.S. The article also mentions tens of thousands of previous protesters- not just 200.

Sarkozy is worried. Besides his Caribbean troubles, he has also had to face down a series of strikes and protests at home, the latest by tens of thousands of university researchers and students who took to the streets on Thursday in a demonstration that climaxed with the temporary occupation of the Sorbonne.

But I'm mostly curious about who these supposed prophets are. Are they Catholic leaders?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

check on the bottom of the article. they are named there.

examples: Jesuit Father Necton, Jeanne le Royer, Bl. Anna-Maria Taigi, ...

and about the number 200. I wrote about it cause I can see that a lot of posters are concentrating on that even when I am pretty sure they know that there were much bigger ones too.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
check on the bottom of the article. they are named there.

examples: Jesuit Father Necton, Jeanne le Royer, Bl. Anna-Maria Taigi, ...

Thanks a bunch. Not familiar with any of them.

and about the number 200. I wrote about it cause I can see that a lot of posters are concentrating on that even when I am pretty sure they know that there were much bigger ones too.

I totally understand. Sorry. I just mentioned the above other numbers for those who may have missed it but wasn't thinking when I mixed it in with my reply to you.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
France seems to have a riot every week, even when there isn't a crisis...don't you remember just a year ago if not longer ago, when the french were having riots, and people were flipping cars, and it lasted for DAYS...and the Democrats say that we should model ourselves after the French government

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

oki.
no problem. BTW, there was also a movie (Mathieu Kassovitz's La Haine (Hate)) which did predicted the riots in France

and just for others who did not know about other (more violent) protest in last few years in France link to the situation I refer to:

www.ucgstp.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

it was 2005. and you are right about it. and in fact that is why I feel they could start a new revolution again. they just love to protest so why not make a really big one?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

They flip the cars because they can--they're so small and light. Seriously though, there is a darker side to French protest, and it is interesting another poster above mentioned the vandalism that occurs every New Year's eve. He or she is right; it is that way in Paris, storefronts are often boarded up to avoid the broken windows. It is a regimented society, and NY eve has come to be identified with anarchy with those that feel most oppressed, mostly the Arabs socked away in public housing in the suburbs. They take to the streets and have an annual night of rebellion.

The week of burning cars a few summers ago was far more desperate, and did indeed wake up the country to the level of frustration and discontent in those suburban housing projects, far from jobs and removed from the city centers. There was also some looking askance at Sarkozy as having stoked these protests to his political advantage as well; he was Interior minister at the time and already openly vying for the presidency, and allowing such protest to flare up played enormously to his advantage politically, as a consevative law-and-order candidate.

new topics

top topics

join