It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain faces a 'Summer of Rage' police say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Britain's police and security forces are preparing themselves for a 'Summer of Rage' according to reports from the BBC and Guardian this morning.

BBC report

Guardian Newspaper Article

With public concerns over the economy increasing and the (much) worse very much yet to come I can see this playing out. We've seen this happen all over the world so far on a failry small scale and I fully expect the UK to one of the first to experience widespread civil unrest.

Britain's most senior police officer with responsibility for public order raised the spectre of a return of the riots of the 1980s, with people who have lost their jobs, homes or savings becoming "footsoldiers" in a wave of potentially violent mass protests.

A scary thought. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, I do hope that the Brits will be a lot less willing to just bend over and take it, than we in America are...

That said, I believe that we are all in this together. Things will get pretty bad, and I'm willing to bet your government is thanking god the populous was disarmed. lol

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
i think your right there , people everywhere are cracking up for the slightest little thing, and i know people are talking about a civil war as their jobs have been taken by migrant workers ,, 3 million people on the dole and last year 2.8 million job visas were given to non uk residents.. so me thinks there might be a trouble a brewing..

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i hope that this does happen. This country needs a shake up, we've taken so much crap from our government for so many years, they need to see we aint taking any more and that we are going to act instead of reading in the papers how angry we are.

Hope it aint going to be one of them "peaceful" protests that just end up us being peaceful and the police arresting and beating everyone up in sight.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hoorah!

The banks, particularly those that paid large bonuses despite receiving billions of pounds of taxpayers' money, had become "viable targets", Supt Hartshorn said.

Indeed they have set themselves up....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BarneyRubble

I think this is another example of the media and the police trying to incite riots.

The government wants rioting. It is needed to pass more laws taking more civil liberties from UK citizens.

What happens to a dog thats backed into a corner?

It strikes!

What happens to a dog that bites the hand that feeds it?

It gets put to sleep.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
an example of a previous riot...

www.youtube.com...

Nasty eh? Now that was nearly twenty years ago.... now the Police will have tazers, advanced crowd tactics (pincer movements, circling groups and snatchers)... Let's not forget the Police HAVE been known to use 'instigators' , ie they cause the trouble and then mop up the mess that they started.

Very scary stuff if you think about it.,

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by BarneyRubble

I think this is another example of the media and the police trying to incite riots.

The government wants rioting. It is needed to pass more laws taking more civil liberties from UK citizens.

What happens to a dog thats backed into a corner?

It strikes!

What happens to a dog that bites the hand that feeds it?

It gets put to sleep.

I'm not sure whether it's a case of the media and the police actually inciting riots but I agree on the outcome. I think most large unauthorised demonstrations are actually illegal now anyway, even 'peaceful' ones so anyone protesting is possibly setting themselves up for a potential prosecution as it is.

I can imagine 'Big Sister' Jacqui Smith creaming herself at the thought of mass disturbances though. What an opportunity to roll-out new laws and 'safety measures' in our 'best interests'.

If it really does kick-off over the summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of temporary curfew system invoked along with some kind of ID/paperwork for those need to get to A to B at particular times for work-related reasons &c. It would certainly help her insistence that the public are "crying out" for ID schemes. Also, her friends in the CCTV industries would also welcome some more business. Might even create as many as a dozen jobs in that sector too!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Whilst I think there is genuine potential for serious civil unrest in the UK, I suspect this could well be an attempt by MSM, Police Authorities etc to play on people's fears resulting in further restriction's of civil liberties.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It does not matter wehat the Police have or have not got oe what they can do or anyone else. No nation has ever been able to resist the will of the masses. They can introduce what laws they like but once poeple are pushed over the edge then thats it.

The cowardly Government could have done so much to prevent this especsially the parsite bankers. Instead of the Gov giving them billions of free taxpayers money they could have used that money to pay off peoples debts and mortgages. The banks would have still got their money but the burden of debt on the people woule have been lifted and it would have allowed the economy to be stimulated.

But what has happened is that the parasite bankers and their friends buy and own politicians and none of them give a toss about the people. What ever happens if it is incited or not lets just hope the perps and their supporters get their just rewards for what they have done.

And lets not forget, we have our forces figting and dying in 2 illegal wars all of which is costing the taxpayer even more. its not just the economy thats gone wrong but its our FP as well. Its time for a clear out and a new set of rules. Time for a constitution and a proper bill of rights.

top topics

join