It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Gun Confiscation Drill Not Cancelled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

He's [Alex Jones] a fear-mongerer plain and simple. I've listened to a few things of his and while he may have a shred of truth in some of them, most of what he says are the rantings and ravings of someone who has made a career out of being outrageous and seeing motives that aren't really there. He isn't in it to save the world, he's in it for the money. He has figured out that the more outrageous the claims, and the more he yells and mocks, the more people will listen and the more money he makes.

You admit right here that you have "listened to a few things of his" and yet claim he's all in it for himself. Really I have listened to his show and seen many of his movies. To dismiss what he has to say out of hand and claim he is in it for the money shows a lot of close mindedness and ignorance. His movies are free on the net and he continually ask that you copy them and give them away to people to get the word out. Really no one who really listens to him for any length of time can come away not believing that at least Alex Jones believes in what he says.

You may not like his style but I suggest you listen to the message with an open, objective mind. His presentation may be a bit over the top at times but the content of his message is always available and sourced for anyone to see for themselves.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

You think he works for free? Please. The man is getting paid to do what he does.

And yes I've listened to some of his stuff, and as I said while some of it may contain a shred of truth any credibility he has is shot once the ranting, raving and mockery starts.

Edit to add that while he may believe what he says, that doesn't make it true or him right.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No he does not work for free. How could he?

Because a newspaper or writer or the news networks make money they can't possibly be saying anything of value?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Alex even makes the podcast of his show available for free. (Rush Limbough doesn't even do that, nor does C2C)

And that he believes in what he is saying does mean something. It means that he is not into it for the money as you claim. I believe he believes he is on a mission to spread a word of warning to Americans of the undermining of American sovereignty.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

No, but I find it hard to believe that he rants and raves and makes video after video with things taken out of context out of the goodness of his heart.

Yeah, he believes in what he's saying. Just as Pat Robertson believes that he is receiving messages from God about someone watching his show who has back pain and that God is healing them right that minute. Doesn't make it true does it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Believe what you want, you will anyway.

I am just standing up for Alex when people say he's just in it for money

Maybe you would prefer Alex just go away?

Well he won't

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

That's why they call them opinions. I have my opinions about Alex Jones and you have yours. We are both entitled to them

And frankly I don't care if he goes away or not. Doesn't bother me in the least either way. What bothers me is the blind faith some people put in him as if he is infallible.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

He is human the last time I checked.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Couldn't tell with the way some people think every word that comes out of his mouth is gospel.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Well I'll let you have the last word. I have said all that I wanted to say about Alex.

edit: Sorry - just one more thing. Alex is not perfect. He is just as capable as anyone in making mistakes. He is also capable of possessing the truth and being right. keeping an open and objective mind is a must if one is to find truth. Once you know it all there is nothing left to learn.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Jenna, listen to Alex the last 45 minutes of 9/11 Road to Tyranny. He does not rant or rave one time or mock or do anything but document the trianing exercises that are under discussion on these threads. He is the expert on this, more than anybody else, having devoted his entire life since the age of 20 to getting to the bottom of the globalist takeover. The elite are using the military to do what they are doing, and you need to watch this film.

If you are going to be posting on these threads and offering your opinions, at least do it as an informed opinion. Are you afraid to be confronted with these candid videos lest your constructed reality be shattered by the truth?

Come on, Jenna. Buck up and take a look. You won't die. In fact, it may save your life. I'm rooting for you. I didn't want to face the truth either in the beginning. It gets easier once you decide to jump in. Go ahead and take the red pill.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
From what I've seen of the US culture and the people inhabiting said nation is soon as the American national anthem is played or someone says ' God bless America' you all fold and stand to attention.
Simply because its what you've been programmed to accept, someone will come to your door , say "To protect America from its enemies you MUST relinguish your guns, God bless America".
[edit on 23/2/09 by DataWraith]

Although I don't disagree with you I did notice you have no location info in your bio. You wouldn't happen to be from the UK, would you?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Already did on the other thread. And quite easily disproved 20 minutes worth of Jones' claims before I got bored with it and decided not to use 10 posts disproving the rest of the video.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Today, February 24th, it says on his Prison Planet site that the urban drill has finally been canceled. Apparently due to all the emails and phone calls recieved by the national guard from guns rights activists and listeners alike.

I dont know what to make of Alex Jones, whether hes the real deal or not. I absolutely love his movies and radio show. Id really like to meet him someday.

www.prisonplanet.com...
[edit on 25-2-2009 by KainRich]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by KainRich]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Officially they cancelled, but Alex says they are lieing.

He says in war, and this is war, the military is taught to tell people, it's okay, you're safe, we won't hurt you, just come on out and everythign will be okay -- and then they shoot you.

He says they are taught to lie in war, to confuse the enemy, make them hesitate.

Never believe the military. They just lie.

Same with the police. They aren't police anymore, since they have been federalized. They have psychocops, won't help you. If you call them they will hurt you, won't help you, and if you ever get arrested they will torture you, play good cop/bad cop and do everything to get you to confess to something you didn't do. Then they will falsify the charging papers and lie about you in court.

The police are corrupt, the military is corrupt, the church is corrupt, medicine is corrupt, the food producers are corrupt, education is nothing but mind control propaganda, the media is corrupt.

Stay home, homeschool, have home church, grow your own food, use herbs if you get sick, and get your news off the Internet while we still have the Internet.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You don't know a damned thing about Americans do you?
People who own guns know why they have them. They wanna take guns they'd better be ready for a fight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join