It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Gun Confiscation Drill Not Cancelled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I've been listening to Alex's broadcast this past weekend, the replay on KLBJ radio, and Alex is not crowing about the so-called "retreat" by the National Guard in its plans to stage gun confiscation "drills" in Iowa in April.

He says it's a lie, that they will do it anyway.

He says it's typical military propaganda. Alex explained that, When you are at war, you lie to the enemy (that's us, the American people, the "enemy,") and before you charge and gun people down you first tell them, "It's okay, we're here for peace, and nobody will get hurt, just come on out and everything will be fine." Then when you come out, as the Branch Dividians did, you then gun them down.

As they say, "All's fair in love and war."

In war you lie. Alex says the Pentagon spends billion$ a year on propaganda to give a good image to the military. Anybody watch the disgusting "Citizen Soldier" propaganda ads played during the SuperBowl? Catch Alex online, some clips, how he blows the lies apart in that ad. [I will post the links to that clip below]

I heard Alex interview the colonel in charge of the Iowa drill on his Thursday radio show. I was happy to believe the Guard had really pulled back, as reported. But Alex says not to believe them. I figure he knows because he's been dealing with these people nonstop for the past 15 years. And Alex is the one who got the Guard to say they are backing down on this horrendous plan to "practice" taking the firearms of people in a small town in Iowa, training the Guardsmen in busting gun shop dealers to get their lists and then proceeding house to house -- which is what the "drill" was supposed to teach. I see no reason to think it was just a little play-acting, that any town would agree to such a thing, "You can practice on us but don't take our guns, just practice so you can figure out how to go take somebody else's." -- it just doesn't make sense.

We saw what the Military did to the poor people of New Orleans. I will post some links to that, of the soldiers carrying machine guns, banging on the doors of homes in New Orleans, high and dry and in rich neighborhoods, handcuffing civilians. Alex says Louisiana has passed legislation ordering the state police to stand the feds down if they ever try to do that again.

I also recommend Alex Jones' film 9/11:Road to Tyranny, one of his best documentaries. This documents the so-called "training exercises" -- training exercises where our military were trained how to shoot the American citizens, to round us up, to split up our families. In one such "training exercise" that Alex filmed (in this documentary?), there were trained actors playing the part of American citizens under seige pleading for mercy. This was to teach the soldiers to proceed as ordered, to get them programmed properly for martial law.

Remember New Orleans and Katrina as a foretaste of what the military is going to do to us, the American people. Don't fall for the clever and slick military propaganda and lies. We must keep up the pressure through the state governments and public outcry and resist the tyranny that the offshore banksters are mobilizing against us at this moment through the military we thought was here to defend American citizens from foreign enemies.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
From what I've seen of the US culture and the people inhabiting said nation is soon as the American national anthem is played or someone says ' God bless America' you all fold and stand to attention.
Simply because its what you've been programmed to accept, someone will come to your door , say "To protect America from its enemies you MUST relinguish your guns, God bless America".
You'll do it with a smile on your face and you'll raise a flag and wave it like the good little patriots you are.
Then when the martial law kicks in and you have to 'defend' yourself you'll have no option other than to bend over and take what TPTB want to give you.
America has become so desensitised to whats happening on the World WE ALL live on simply through the medium of TV, America is all that matters. There is nothing outside America. And if you allow this to happen on your doorsteps then basically you get what you deserve.
The American public needs to wake up to the fact that they are part of a larger world community and actually turn off the TV and start to think for themselves.
Start by not giving up your guns you are so fond of , actually go against your Government by lobbying and emailling and telling your communities they want to erode your human rights and your civil liberties, Start protesting and stick up for yourselves.
Even though the military has been training to fight the American people , doesn't mean to say the American people have to lie in a hole and wait for the bullet in the head.
There are more of you than there are of them, and yes if you had a mass of soldiers with guns, facing an even larger crowd with guns who do you think would run first?
Time to start sorting your mess out at home before it affects the rest of the world , its already started here in the UK , go by our example and even though we have been sheep here doesn't mean to say you cannot be. We haven't had the same rights on guns as you have had, we have had ours taken away by the beaurocrats , you at least have a chance , we never saw it coming, you have seen it and are anticipating.

[edit on 23/2/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Things are moving so fast since our new puppet president was inaugurated that we can't keep up with the flurry of legislation. The Military has announced plans to test weapons of all kinds on a vast area over four states and parts of the Pacific Ocean of the United States, admits they will destroy property, wildlife, land, possibly humans, pollute the air and water testing their latest chemical, biological, sonar, bombs and armaments.

Gun control legislation passed in a big hurry will put nearly every American citizen on a "no gun" list just as over a million Americans are put on a no fly "potential terrorist" list.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Here's some of the links I had inserted in my original post, which recorded that I had edited but did not accept my additions. I just don't have the knack for figuring out all the technicalities for posting, and I'm having a hard time.

gunowners.org... Gun Owners of America page has a list of videos you can click on re the military gun grab in New Orleans after Katrina.

www.thealexjonesshow.com... Alex exposes Citizen Soldier Military propaganda

Here's Alex Jones impersonating Officer Jack Boot, describing how American citizens can end up in a FEMA camp, separated from family, just by a routine traffic stop by a militarized police force. Funny, but also scary.
digg.com...

Alex Jones, 9/11 Road to Tyranny (over 2 hours, can fast forward over parts not of interest) This is a GOOD film, one of Alex's earlier ones. The whole film is excellent, but fast forward to 1.15 for the stuff on the police state, who our government considers terrorists, and how the police are being trained to demonize the American citizens treat us like terrorists.
video.google.com...

Alex Jones, Endgame, Blueprint for Global Enslavement
video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The only thing I can find that even suggests that it is supposed to be "canceled" or scaled back is from WND so I would say this is where your Alex is getting his information. Yeah they've scaled it back, no they haven't canceled it. I generally don't like getting my information from WND, nor do I vouch for the validity of their article, but since they are the only ones reporting anything about it, here you go.

World Net Daily
Military spokesman Lt. Col. Greg Hapgood, however, told WND that the operation has now been "scaled back" and no longer involves an "invasion" of Arcadia.

And while Hapgood confirmed the Guard had been inundated with objections from citizens concerned about soldiers patrolling the streets of an American town, he said most came from people out of state and unfamiliar with the operation. Iowans, he explained, typically cooperate with the Guard. The change in plans was based on troop evaluation, he said, not public outcry.

"There are no active duty bases in Iowa, so there are no urban warfare training areas of any size," Hopgood said. "In order to get that larger neighborhood feel or city feel, we have to be creative and partner with our communities."

Hopgood further told WND that in past cooperative exercises with the community, the people of Iowa have welcomed learning how their sons and daughters operate in action.

Plans for the urban operation training, Hopgood explained, are still set to continue, but will be conducted in a smaller, platoon-by-platoon basis in the near vicinity of the Carroll armory.

So as you see, it's not the people of Iowa who were freaking out about this. It was the conspiracy theorists who don't really have a clue what a training exercise is.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

World Net Daily
Military spokesman Lt. Col. Greg Hapgood, however, told WND that the operation has now been "scaled back" and no longer involves an "invasion" of Arcadia.

And while Hapgood confirmed the Guard had been inundated with objections from citizens concerned about soldiers patrolling the streets of an American town, he said most came from people out of state and unfamiliar with the operation. Iowans, he explained, typically cooperate with the Guard. The change in plans was based on troop evaluation, he said, not public outcry.

"There are no active duty bases in Iowa, so there are no urban warfare training areas of any size," Hopgood said. "In order to get that larger neighborhood feel or city feel, we have to be creative and partner with our communities."

Hopgood further told WND that in past cooperative exercises with the community, the people of Iowa have welcomed learning how their sons and daughters operate in action.

Plans for the urban operation training, Hopgood explained, are still set to continue, but will be conducted in a smaller, platoon-by-platoon basis in the near vicinity of the Carroll armory.

Thanks for the information. Alex's site has only the report about their supposed backing off. But Alex said on his Sunday show that he thinks they are lieing.

It's an outrage, the very idea, that the military needs to practice raiding gun owners' shops and getting the lists so they can go confiscate people's guns and that American citizens should cooperate to help them do that? The fact that anyone is even talking about this is alarming. The people in Iowa are not going to go for this. This is wrong. This is testing the American people to see how gullible we are that we would allow the military to "practice taking our guns" -- the very idea! Maybe we should let the military practice making us dig our own graves.

Originally posted by Jenna
So as you see, it's not the people of Iowa who were freaking out about this. It was the conspiracy theorists who don't really have a clue what a training exercise is.

Excuse me, but this is not a conspiracy theory. This is a news report. This is happening. It's not a theory. The National Guard was and probably still is preparing to rehearse, and probably actually take the guns that belong to American citizens, especially if they find any who don't fit the definition of a proper gun owner, who is nobody at this point since the new legislation. Even if they allow the Iowans to keep their guns, the point is this is an outrage that the military would even consider doing this unconstitutional thing when they are sworn to uphold the constitution.

We American citizens do have a second amendment constitutional right to defend ourselves, to have firearms in our homes to defend ourselves from killers and criminals. The military is here to defend and protect the American citizens, not to raid their homes, raid the gun shops and confiscate lists so as to disarm the American citizens.

Are you planning on turning in your neighbors to the military? You approve of a police state?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
It's an outrage, the very idea, that the military needs to practice raiding gun owners' shops

Fortunately they are not and were not going to be doing that.

and getting the lists so they can go confiscate people's guns

Are not and were not going to be doing that either.

and that American citizens should cooperate to help them do that?

Volunteering to assist with a training exercise is hardly doing what you accuse.

The fact that anyone is even talking about this is alarming.

Not to the people in Iowa.

The people in Iowa are not going to go for this.

They have in the past, and will be in the future.

This is wrong. This is testing the American people to see how gullible we are that we would allow the military to "practice taking our guns" -- the very idea! Maybe we should let the military practice making us dig our own graves.

That's a bunch of fear-mongering nonsense.

Excuse me, but this is not a conspiracy theory.

Thinking they are taking over because they are running a training exercise and asking for the public to volunteer is a conspiracy theory.

This is a news report. This is happening. It's not a theory.

The training exercise is real, them taking over and stealing your guns is a conspiracy theory.

The National Guard was and probably still is preparing to rehearse, and probably actually take the guns that belong to American citizens, especially if they find any who don't fit the definition of a proper gun owner, who is nobody at this point since the new legislation. Even if they allow the Iowans to keep their guns, the point is this is an outrage that the military would even consider doing this unconstitutional thing when they are sworn to uphold the constitution.

Yes, how dare they do training exercises so that they are prepared when they get sent to war. How dare they expect to be prepared. If we let them do that they might come back alive and we can't have that now can we.

Step off the paranoia train for a few moments please. They aren't going to come steal your guns. They are training for things they do overseas. That's what the military does. They have done this for decades and haven't taken over the country and stolen our guns. And you are wrong. Training is not against the Constitution.

We American citizens do have a second amendment constitutional right to defend ourselves, to have firearms in our homes to defend ourselves from killers and criminals. The military is here to defend and protect the American citizens, not to raid their homes, raid the gun shops and confiscate lists so as to disarm the American citizens.

Yes we do, yes they are, and they aren't going to be so there's no problem. Where do you keep getting that they are going to raid gun shops and confiscate lists? Can you provide a direct quote from a newspaper or press release? Since this is a training exercise and the information about it is publicly available, I'm sure you can provide that. Or is this just more fear-mongering you got from Alex Jones?

Are you planning on turning in your neighbors to the military? You approve of a police state?

There is no need to turn them in for numerous reasons.

1. They haven't done any criminal activity that I am aware of.
2. The military isn't who you call to turn someone in.
3. The military isn't taking over the country, despite Alex Jones' fear-mongering.

And no, I don't approve of a police state. So it's quite fortunate that we don't have one nor will we have one.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Since the Guard is owned and run by the states. I would have more of that "fuzzy" feeling if they were running Defensive Drills, not Offensive.
I would let them do that all day long. Hell, I would put up with a few night drills as well.
This Offensive training is just what it is. Why don't they care about protecting from a perameter stance? Because they can't disarm you if they did.

When will people wake up? Really. If I had to put a number on it, I would say at least, and I mean at least, 80% of the population are uninformed Morons.

They don't care if they get taught a false history, false facts, etc.
If I had to guess and another number, I would say only less than 20% are a loss cause. They are either too stupid, or have their heads up the Govts butt so bad, they will never see anything.

The only thing that matters to save this could be Great Nation, is how, and when is the 60% going to wake up?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Since the Guard is owned and run by the states. I would have more of that "fuzzy" feeling if they were running Defensive Drills, not Offensive.

The only problem there is not everything they do is defensive. That's why they need to train for both types of situations. Training for one type doesn't mean that they don't need training for the other.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

It's an outrage, the very idea, that the military needs to practice raiding gun owners' shops

Step off the paranoia train for a few moments please. They aren't going to come steal your guns. They are training for things they do overseas. That's what the military does. They have done this for decades and haven't taken over the country and stolen our guns. And you are wrong. Training is not against the Constitution.

Yes we do, yes they are, and they aren't going to be so there's no problem. Where do you keep getting that they are going to raid gun shops and confiscate lists? Can you provide a direct quote from a newspaper or press release? Since this is a training exercise and the information about it is publicly available, I'm sure you can provide that. Or is this just more fear-mongering you got from Alex Jones?

Source? Alex Jones says they will be taught this.

Have you ever watched Alex's documentary film 9/11/Road to Tyranny? It's very long, but at 1:15 into the film there's a lot about these training exercises. To be fully informed before you label me a kook, a conspiracy theorist, Alex Jones a nutcase, etcetera, you should at least examine the evidence. Alex has made it his life's work, ruined his health, given up his youth to fight and expose the NWO, the police state. Please pull this film up and start watching at 1:15. Watch the whole thing, but especially the part starting at 1:15. Then tell me America is in good hands.

Also consider: How can you do a proper gun confiscation if you don't know who has the guns? Alex says the gun owners shops are part of the training, how to raid one and get the list of gun owners. And they will also be trained to check the gun owners qualifications to own a gun per the new legislation which says that anybody who was ever treated for depression is unfit to own a gun. Who in today's world has not gotten a prescription for an antidepression or been put on ritalin as a child? If they find any that do not fit the requirements to own a gun, they will by law be required to take the guns.

Practicing gun confiscation exercises on American citizens to supposedly use these same tactics on people in Iraq and Afghanistan is a ridiculously lame excuse to carry out gun confiscation, and to desensitize and familiarize the Guard with doing this repulsive and wicked and unconstitutional thing. I hope the people of Iowa have enough sense to refuse this.

Your claims that this has been done in the past -- do you have some proof on that, where these mock gun confiscation "drills" are routine for Iowa or anyplace else for that matter?

Alex's film 9/11 Road to Tyranny has a lot about these mock training exercises, and they were specifically aimed at rounding up and killing American citizens, being trained to turn a deaf ear to pleas from Americans who begged not to be seprated from their families, etcetera. Alex filmed these exercises himself. So the best way to find out how "harmless" these are is to watch some actual ones being conducted, such as were filmed 7 years ago by Alex. If this was happening 7 years ago, what do you think things have progressed to since then?

Just think about this, consider it, and try to be fair before you jump to conclusions and start labeling people as crazies and tin foilers, etcetera.

Alex Jones, 9/11Road to Tyranny, start at 1:15 and get an eye full, everything you wanted to know about "training execises" and were afraid to ask.
video.google.com...

Let's use ATS forums as an opportunity to learn and find out the truth, not a debating contest or a game to see who wins and who loses in a posting dual. I don't have time to split hairs with anybody. I am interested in getting to the bottom line as quickly as possible and moving on.

PS: Thank you for your help with my posting problems.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Source? Alex Jones says they will be taught this.

And if Alex Jones said that the leprechauns were taking over would you believe that too? You put too much faith into what he says. Just because he says it doesn't make it true and doesn't make it real.

To be fully informed before you label me a kook, a conspiracy theorist,

I wouldn't call you a kook, as for being a conspiracy theorist look where you are. We all have a conspiracy theory we think there may be some truth to, but most of us don't put blind faith into what someone else says on a radio show and assume it must be 100% truth.

Alex Jones a nutcase, etcetera, you should at least examine the evidence. Alex has made it his life's work, ruined his health, given up his youth to fight and expose the NWO, the police state. Please pull this film up and start watching at 1:15. Watch the whole thing, but especially the part starting at 1:15. Then tell me America is in good hands.

He's a fear-mongerer plain and simple. I've listened to a few things of his and while he may have a shred of truth in some of them, most of what he says are the rantings and ravings of someone who has made a career out of being outrageous and seeing motives that aren't really there. He isn't in it to save the world, he's in it for the money. He has figured out that the more outrageous the claims, and the more he yells and mocks, the more people will listen and the more money he makes.

Also consider: How can you do a proper gun confiscation if you don't know who has the guns?

I still don't get why you think they are going to be doing that.

Alex says the gun owners shops are part of the training, how to raid one and get the list of gun owners.

Can you stop parroting Alex for two seconds and think for yourself?

And they will also be trained to check the gun owners qualifications to own a gun per the new legislation which says that anybody who was ever treated for depression is unfit to own a gun. Who in today's world has not gotten a prescription for an antidepression or been put on ritalin as a child? If they find any that do not fit the requirements to own a gun, they will by law be required to take the guns.

Again, where are you getting this?

Practicing gun confiscation exercises on American citizens to supposedly use these same tactics on people in Iraq and Afghanistan is a ridiculously lame excuse to carry out gun confiscation,

It's a training exercise that asks for volunteers, they aren't going to random houses and confiscating weapons. Did you actually read anything about it? Or did you just listen to Alex Jones' opinion and take it for your own?

and to desensitize and familiarize the Guard with doing this repulsive and wicked and unconstitutional thing. I hope the people of Iowa have enough sense to refuse this.

As pointed out in the source I quoted earlier, the people of Iowa have volunteered in the past and will likely volunteer in the future. Why? Because they don't see a problem with it. And again, there is nothing un-Constitutional about the National Guard, or any other branch for that matter, conducting a training exercise or asking for volunteers to assist with that training exercise.

Your claims that this has been done in the past -- do you have some proof on that, where these mock gun confiscation "drills" are routine for Iowa or anyplace else for that matter?

Slight problem there. I said they have trained for decades, which they have, and that the people of Carroll Iowa have volunteered in the past, which according to the article they have. No where did I say they have been running this particular type of training exercise for decades.

Alex's film 9/11 Road to Tyranny has a lot about these mock training exercises, and they were specifically aimed at rounding up and killing American citizens, being trained to turn a deaf ear to pleas from Americans who begged not to be seprated from their families, etcetera. Alex filmed these exercises himself. So the best way to find out how "harmless" these are is to watch some actual ones being conducted, such as were filmed 7 years ago by Alex. If this was happening 7 years ago, what do you think things have progressed to since then?

No that is his opinion of what was going on. And anything filmed by him is edited to make him appear to be right. Editing is a powerful tool. I could film my neighbor shooting a deer and taking out the trash, if I edit it just right I can make people think he was shooting at a person and carrying out their body in trash bags. That doesn't make it true.

Just think about this, consider it, and try to be fair before you jump to conclusions and start labeling people as crazies and tin foilers, etcetera.

I have, and then I looked at the actual facts. And there's nothing wrong with being a conspiracy theorist, it's when you let them take over your mind to the point where everything is evil that it becomes an issue. I'm on a conspiracy site too, remember?

Let's use ATS forums as an opportunity to learn and find out the truth, not a debating contest or a game to see who wins and who loses in a posting dual. I don't have time to split hairs with anybody. I am interested in getting to the bottom line as quickly as possible and moving on.

And I have been trying to help you see the truth of the matter but Alex Jones is so entrenched in your mind that anything I say that contradicts him, even when I post links that back me up, you see as lies. There's not much I can do about that now is there? It's up to you to look at it for yourself instead of parroting everything he says.

PS: Thank you for your help with my posting problems.

You're welcome. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Jenna, I am not a cultist. Alex's work speaks for itself and I appreciate it because it is excellent reporting. Alex is a documentarian by profession, and that is the way they referred to him on C-Span when he hosted a 9/11 Symposium forum that was covered by C-Span. The title they gave him was Alex Jones, Documentarian. This means Alex sets out to investigate and dig up proof, evidence for the things he knows but knows others will not believe without strong proof, that without the documentation he would be laughed and jeered at and ignored -- which he is anyway, even with his rock solid proofs, mostly by people who refuse to even examine the documentation, afraid to disrupt their worldview with unpleasant, irrefutable truth.

He has 20 films to his credit, full of original film footage. This body of work speaks for itself, not words, not opinions, but original candid film footage.

Are you afraid to watch? If not, please take the time to watch starting at 1:15 of 9/11 Road to Tyranny. You will be watching approximate 45 minutes of his filmed documentary, specifically on military training exercises and police stop checks, the actual training given to the FBI, military and police regarding which American citizens are probably a "terrorist."

You were not aware the military went stomping through New Orleans with machine guns banging on people's doors confiscating their guns. (and you even said you don't believe the military took anybody's guns, which that I don't understand how you could say that. Do you think they were just there to put a good scare into people with their machine guns and banging on the doors and handcuffing people? If they were just there to bang on the doors and the police were the ones to take the guns as you say, why do we not see the police and military working together?)

Since you were not aware of what happened in Katrina because you were so busy at the time with your studies and such, perhaps you might not know as much as you might think you do about military training exercises. I don't think you'll find a better source than Alex Jones, his documentary films, dealing with this very thing.

Please watch. Then you can shred my posts to your heart's content after that, but at least watch documentary films on this subject.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Alex is a documentarian by profession, and that is the way they referred to him on C-Span when he hosted a 9/11 Symposium forum that was covered by C-Span. The title they gave him was Alex Jones, Documentarian. This means Alex sets out to investigate and dig up proof, evidence for the things he knows but knows others will not believe without strong proof, that without the documentation he would be laughed and jeered at and ignored -- which he is anyway, even with his rock solid proofs, mostly by people who refuse to even examine the documentation, afraid to disrupt their worldview with unpleasant, irrefutable truth.

Titles mean little. And a documentarian is not someone who investigates and digs up proof. An investigative journalist is. He doesn't offer strong proof so much as he offers ranting, raving, and mocking people he talks about. None of those even come close to being a documentarian, since a documentary is unbiased.

He has 20 films to his credit, full of original film footage. This body of work speaks for itself, not words, not opinions, but original candid film footage.

That you can't watch without his opinions which color the way you look at what you are watching. If he truly wanted to show proof of anything, and actually had the proof to begin with, it would speak for itself and wouldn't require him ranting and raving over it.

Are you afraid to watch? If not, please take the time to watch starting at 1:15 of 9/11 Road to Tyranny.

Nope, not in the least. I have tried to watch it before and was quickly bored to tears. I will skip ahead and watch from the point you suggest when I have enough free time to devote to it.

You were not aware the military went stomping through New Orleans with machine guns banging on people's doors confiscating their guns. (and you even said you don't believe the military took anybody's guns, which that I don't understand how you could say that.

I just transcribed that video in another thread. The police were confiscating the guns and handcuffing people.

Do you think they were just there to put a good scare into people with their machine guns and banging on the doors and handcuffing people? If they were just there to bang on the doors and the police were the ones to take the guns as you say, why do we not see the police and military working together?)

The National Guard was there because they are called up by the Governor during State emergencies. They were banging on doors to persuade people to leave. The area was not safe. People needed to leave for their own safety.

Since you were not aware of what happened in Katrina because you were so busy at the time with your studies and such, perhaps you might not know as much as you might think you do about military training exercises. I don't think you'll find a better source than Alex Jones, his documentary films, dealing with this very thing.

Military training and the after-effects of Katrina are anything but the same thing. The after-effects of Katrina were real-life events and people's lives were in danger. Military training is training for when those real-life events happen.

Please watch. Then you can shred my posts to your heart's content after that, but at least watch documentary films on this subject.

Documentaries are not the be all end all of information, nor are the always accurate.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It seems this has been blown out of proportion somewhat, it is a training exercise, yes, but the exercise is to track down a suspected weapons dealer in an urban area, and the only residents that will be taking part are those that volunteer. Noone's being forced to do anything against their will.

This article should make things a bit clearer.

Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Really? Well come and give that a try. Chances are we've saved you ass at one time or another.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Thank you for that! (I think) I feel even more scared now!
House to house searches once an area is secured? WTF?
I would feel alot more safe if they were training to help
during natural disasters!
There are posters here I'd be very leery of.
Makes perfect sense to "test" the publics reaction
on a few forums and whatnot.
All they have to do is watch public opinion while turning
up the heat slowlly to see what we'll put up with.
Happens daily in good ol' USA
Show me proof this is a humanitarian exercise
with proof as others have done showing it is not.
Why would troops be stationed here otherwise?
If so(and we know there are now troops stationed here),
this is the police's job, not the military.
The guard is just that, for each state, a GUARD of the people.
Sounds like the feds are taking over more and more
all the time. Helps to go after some governors too!
Wish I lacked the ability to connect the dots
because of a few miscrepancies also.
I hope Alex has made enough money to justify what he has had to
go through to bring us some truth. Even if he's only partially
right, wouldn't that be enough to let you know something smells?
There are no conspiracies, this s***s true or it ain't. IMO

[edit on 23-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wow, no sooner than I posted this, some weird stuff started happening, weird recording type phone calls, etc. Not stopping yet...
This has never happend before, wonder if I struck a nerve?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think this is a brilliant post OP! I have seen some of the videos the NRA has put out and I think it is crazy what is going on in Amerika these days. I really admire you taking the time to write such a detailed and heartfelt post!

S&F

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Need we be reminded of the training exercises in London on 7/7? Or the NORAD training exercises pre 9/11? I think it is ignorant to just let this go. If there is an arms dealer in an area. I would suspect they would know enough about said arms dealer that they wouldn't have to go door to door.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The National Guard going into a small town and getting townspeople to help them get the goods on an evil gun dealer so they can raid him -- it's just sick. It's one citizen turning in his neighbor, spying on his neighbor, splitting people into factions, making everybody suspicious of one another. Since when are gun shops illegal or wrong? Lately they are under constant seige and harassment, many closing down, all part of the effort to disarm the American citizens.

This reminds me of the Inquisition. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sick to death of this phony War on Terror, the surveillance cameras, the harassment by the police, the no fly lists, now the no gun lists, the big signs flashing on the highways "report suspicious behavior."

They say we are conspiracy theorists, that we are the paranoid ones, but obviously those of us who object to the police state are the sane ones, the ones who don't believe the boogeyman is going to get us, who can see through this outrageous scam being pulled off by a bunch of Zionist globalists who have stolen America's treasure and now is coming for our homes, our kids, our lives.

It's just like 1984, with Emanuel Goldman, the boogeyman, flashed on the TV screens which were everywhere for mind control to keep the populace in a steady state of doublethink. And the police and military were there to haul people away, to disappear them, to torture them, to make sure nobody dared question that War is Peace, Slavery is Freedom, and Ignorance is Strength.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join