It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd you go/are going to university? What major?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So where did ATS members get their higher education? Are you in school, thinking about going somewhere or already have your alma mater?

Me, I'm at Penn State, University Park (the main campus). I'm almost through with my second year and next year I finally get to focus on my major, a Bachelor of Science in economics with a minor in international business.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i attend eastern michigan university... i'm a physics for secondary education major, astronomy for education minor. i'm a freshman, until a week from today when we're done for the summer!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I went to Yale and majored in Political studies. I was a member of the Skull & Bones fraternity and a personal friend of George W Bush.

ok ... maybe I exaggerated a bit ...
... I went to Wolverhampton University (when it was still a college) and spent two happy years tormenting the lecturers of the Computer / Business studies department.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
English/History major Acadia U.........GO AXEMEN.:w:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Psych major at a college somewhere in Ohio.

Just look what I'm doing with my higher education today!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I graduated with a degree in Graphic Design and a minor in Computer Science. That degree has gotten some hard knocks and severe unemployment. I plan to return to college very soon, to re-train as a draftsman (probably electrical).

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I plan to return to college very soon, to re-train as a draftsman (probably electrical).

Took that in college, before univ., I really enjoyed it. I hope you do as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
University of Tennessee, dual major: Forensic Anthropology/Criminal Justice with a minor in Psychology. I figured out early that a law enforcement career was not for me, so I went into computers and networking. Makes perfect sense to me!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Montclair University in New Jersey.

Major: English literature
Minors: Philosophy & Psychology

What I am doing at Pfizer beats the hell out of me.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
haha, bump...

I'm going to Eastern Michigan University right now, but I'm trying to transfer to a private arts school in Detroit.

I'm studying photography...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I just went to my local colleges. Ill be back soon enough, my plan now is to go back and get an education degree from University of Central Florida. I would like to do grad school and do something. Teaching math to those who've never seen it should be cool.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Okay, so, what do you all think of as the most "useful" college degree (one that can bring in the money - of course, most of the time, it still depends on who you know)?

I've pretty much decided that I want to get a degree in Electrical Engineering. But there are so many other engineering discplines to choose from!

To give you some idea of the types of engineering available:
Computer Engineering
General Engineering
Engineering Design
Systems Engineering
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Materials & Chemical Engineering
Nuclear Engineering

And then you even have sub-categories of the types of engineering above:

Chemical

Agricultural
Biological and Biosystems
Chemical
Environmental
Food
Forestry
Materials
Plastics
Water Resource

Civil

Building
Civil
Construction

Electrical

Communications
Computer
Electrical
Electromechanical Systems
Electronic Systems
Software

Engineering Management

Industrial
Integrated / Unified
Production
Systems

Engineering Sciences

Engineering Chemistry
Engineering Math
Engineering Physics

Geotechnical

Gas
Geological
Geomatics
Metallurgical
Mineral
Mining
Oil
Petroleum

Mechanical

Aerospace
Automotive
Biomedical
Mechanical
Naval

It can be overwhelming to say the least. When I look at all that there is, I have trouble sticking to just one thing. Sometimes I just want to go the easy way and go for a degree in something easy (maybe a degree in business, like most people, lol), just to get the degree.

I want to be able to create things though! And to see the fruits of my labor. I also want to make a lot of money by doing something that I love (those people are few and far between though).

So, again, what is the most useful college degree? (I know this is opinion of course, but I'd like to see responses to the question and a reason why you think your choice is the most useful).

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I want to be able to create things though! And to see the fruits of my labor. I also want to make a lot of money by doing something that I love (those people are few and far between though).

Love teh meatwad ^_^

I know exactly what you're saying. I'm into photography because it's what I love and what I seem to be great at. I know that its a risky business though, and you really have to work to make good money.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Photography can bring in some serious cash if you work for the right types of businesses (*advertising* :-D ). What matters most, of course, is that you love to do it.

Thanks for loving my meatwad. :-D

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well I''m doing Social Welfare at the University of Pretoria in South Africa(for those who don't know)

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Architecture. Currently at a Junior College (Grossmont), hopefully transferring to a private architecture school (NewSchool of Architecture).

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Currently i am not studying at Uni, but i have a place waiting for me at the University of New England (Armidale, Australia) on a scholarship to study arts and major in political science. I dont even know if i want to do politics when i do go to uni but its there if i need it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Studied somewhere in Ontario Canada.

Graduated from Criminal psych and behaviour

Took stupid arts and science program graduated first year, supposed to do second year too but thought # it...

I want to get into landscaping...

See my beautiful asian garden I made!

Keeps me happy.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My plan is to go back to college. Probably the U of MN.

Major in Computer Science and Math with a minor in Astronomy.

C if I can swing the dough to go.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Still in high school :shk:, going to a college up North (far far away) that will let me take a year off before starting, has exchange programs, and majors in creative writing. It exists! I forgot the name but its somewhere near New York.

I also want to major in photography, modern painting, and small business management. ERGH Ive got a ways to go! But then again, I could change my mind tomorrow so you never know. I might not even go to college, or I might end up working in a place I hate instead of doing what I really want.....ahhh!

edit for grammar and doubt

[Edited on 7-6-04 by Scat]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join