It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's: No workers comp for employee shot protecting patron

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This finally made it to CNN today. On TV right now.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW SPINELESSLY McDONALD'S IS ACTING IN THIS WHOLE SITUATION. THEY REALLY NEED TO STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES AND THEIR CUSTOMERS. AFTER ALL THAT IS WHAT THIS IS ALL REALLY ABOUT. THE EMPLOYEE WHO PUT HIS LIFE AT RISK WAS DOING SO TO PROTECT THE CUSTOMER. I DON'T THINK I COULD PATRONIZE AN ESTABLISHMENT, KNOWING THAT MY LIFE WAS AT RISK, BECAUSE MANAGEMENT WAS NOT WILLING TO STAND BEHIND ACTS OF BRAVERY WHICH INSURED SAFETY. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT McDONALD'S HAS SAID, "CUSTOMERS YOUR LIVES ARE NOT WORTH SAVING AND EMPLOYEES IF YOU DO SO, REMEMBER THAT YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK"
NO WE WON'T BE AT McDONALD'S IF AND UNTIL THIS IS PROPERLY RESOLVED.
SINCERELY, SPETHMA

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Easy solution...especially in today's economy.....BOYCOTT McDonalds. Sure, he didn't have to help, but the bigger and more disheartening message McDonalds send with their denial to pay for medical expenses is that as a paying customer your on your own or enter at your own risk when patronizing their restarants. My money is too hard to come by to waste it on unappreciative, selfish conglomerates. No more Mickey D's for me and my family until payment is rendered to this courageous young man.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They serve garbage food. Makes perfect sense that they treat their employees like garbage also.

Still, maybe this points out more the need for federal or state provision of workman's comp as giant ccorporations are only concerned with the welfare of greedy tycoons that run them.

Thats my take on it anyways.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I for one, don't like McDonald's food, but if I did, I would definitely stop eating there. They are scandalous, to say the least. Their food is awful anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

BOYCOTT!!! BOYCOTT!!! BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!

It's not like their food tastes all that great or is that big a value for money, anyway. But from now on, it's BK, Wendy, Carl's Jr... anybody but the Golden Arches of Inhumanity. The dirtbags.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join