It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browns face conspiracy, arms counts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Browns face conspiracy, arms counts

www.cmonitor.com

Sixteen months after their armed standoff with federal officials ended in a peaceful, undercover arrest, Ed and Elaine Brown were back in New Hampshire yesterday to face weapons and conspiracy charges for their activities.

If found guilty, the couple could receive what amount to life sentences. Just one charge, for possession of destructive devices, carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 years in prison.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com
www.topix.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police, SWAT Team Surround Ed Brown's Property
Tax Protester Ed Brown Being Gassed and Tortured In Prison
ED BROWN says its the Jesuits Vatican NWO

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Sixteen months after their armed standoff with federal officials ended in a peaceful, undercover arrest, Ed and Elaine Brown were back in New Hampshire yesterday to face weapons and conspiracy charges for their activities.

If found guilty, the couple could receive what amount to life sentences. Just one charge, for possession of destructive devices, carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 years in prison.

Yeah, where are all those guns now? You know, the ones that keep saying they are going to defend people like these taking a stand against a runaway federal government? Huh? Oh, what's the matter? You feel bad? Well you should. Cowards.

The couple were arrested Oct. 4, 2007, by a small team of undercover deputy marshals disguised as supporters. According to statements by both Ed and Elaine Brown, that group was led by a man whom they knew as "Dutch."

This is typical. Infiltration. Deception. Lies. The only way a corrupt government can operate. Because if there was a shootout, maybe some more of those "guns" would have shown up and reminded the sheriffs who they are working for.

And this is why it is pointless to try to assemble in any fashion to fight them. They already know what you are doing. Your communications are all intercepted. Your groups are all infiltrated by at least one person tipping them off.

Ed and Elaine Brown should be remembered as the real heroes that took a stand against this tyranny that is federal income tax. All these charges being brought against this otherwise harmless couple need to be dropped, NOW. And they should be freed. Maybe the million gun march on DC ought to be the million gun march on the sheriffs office that orchestrated this undercover operation.

www.cmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't think I truly believe that the Browns had 'pipe bombs', or Booby trap style, explosives.
Or that they started a shootout!
This was NEARLY exactly what they said happened at Ruby Ridge, when they shot the wife(by a sniper) and their young son!

They could face life in prison?
Here
May God help them and us!
If they used to post here at ATS, does anyone know what usernames they used?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Yes, they face life in prison. That is infuriating!

And check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no posts, no threads, and last visit? January 23, 2008

I wonder if he registered here and thought about posting, but never got the chance.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well, has Mr. Brown had access to the internet in prison?
They were arrested in 2007.
I doubt it, because he said he hasn't even been allowed to see his wife since October.
That membership looks weird. Why register, if you don't use it?

Read this,

In support of his theory that the court was acting outside of constitutional bounds, Ed Brown pointed to the courtroom's U.S. flag, which was decorated with yellow fringe.

"There's a military flag right there that you're operating under. That's not constitutional law," he said

He is a feisty man!
Some of their friends got 30 years?

Four of the couple's most prominent supporters were arrested last year and convicted of conspiring to aid and arm the couple.

Jason Gerhard, Cirino Gonzalez and Daniel Riley were all found guilty of federal felonies after a trial and were sentenced to 20, eight and 36 years in prison. Robert Wolffe, who pleaded guilty to similar crimes and testified at their trial, was sentenced to 30 months.

Apparently, he threatened to kill the Sheriff,

"The Chief should know along with the US Marshals along with the local County Sheriff, especially the County Sheriff, local police and local state police, if they come in here to do us in, they kill my wife, myself or both or try to arrest us, I said the Chief of Police in this town, the Sheriff, the Sheriff himself will die, this is war now folks," Ed Brown said in another radio interview quoted in the indictment. "They fired the first shots."

I hope this older couple doesn't spend much time in prison!
There are REAL criminals that could use that prison space.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I guess it's a bad idea to go on the radio and threaten someone's life. It's probably a really, really bad idea to threaten law enforcements life.

You can't fix things this way.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Everyone likes to talk tough about taking on the government but very few people are actually brave enough to do something. This is what happens to people who think they can take on TPTB. If you are not shot dead they will try to lock you up and take everything from you.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I support ed brown but he was an idiot to let himself be taken so easily. He should not have allowed anyone into his compound except for friends he had known for years.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Hmm, well I dunno if I'd go that far to call him an idiot. What is more likely is that the sheriff's office is just so good at undercover operations, you probably would have been fooled too. In his situation, getting more desperate by the moment, it is not hard to see how this happened. He needed every bit of help he could get at that point.

new topics

top topics

join