It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Kills his own story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Yes this is what he is saying. Now that it has been reposted several times and clarified several times. Lets get to the end of this... what do you find illogical about the Titor story.

Awesome. Thank you for not only stating it as a Titor spoken fact but for also trying to say it has been said over and over. It has not. Please show me the many times that exact premise has been presented to me. You seem very very confused. I have errands to run but I really cannot wait to get back home and explain to you why what you just said kills this myth almost 100%. You are helping me get very very close.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Seriously what is the point of this thread? Do people actually believe Titor? Some people just want to believe anything now a days, there is no way you can prove or disprove this guy though just like any other ridiculous conspiracy... If something doesn't happen the way he says, well that just means it's a diff timeline/wordline IDK what the differences are but that doesn't matter as long as he holds that card you can debate him forever....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
Where is question no. 3? I am waiting on the conclusion to this thread.

reply to post by Wertdagf

Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide a link/source to that content?

I guess actually answering the second question was too hard so I had to just move on. I will get back to it. Either the mods will close this thread because Titorites cannot play nice or we are all going to act like adults, stop being insulting and actually discuss this. Let's see. I will stop laughing at things that strike me so funny and maybe his fans can just simple talk to me about their hero.

There are three outcomes.

1- another pointless Titor thread that goes nowhere, teaches nothing, enhances NOTHING, adds nothing to anything and gives his followers another place to avoid answering questions, sticking to the truth, and basically telling non-believers they are just not smart enough to get it.

2- I prove Titor is a liar and fraud and does not even exist

3- Titorites convince me I am wrong.

I am willing to let all three play out. Why are Titorites just looking to be snarky, rude, insulting, and avoid actual questions that have to do with the reality of what he said and not what Brian Greene says about string theory. Brian does not believe Titor either.

The ball is in your court, Titor fans. Prove me wrong and do it in a civil manner and I will do my best to counter it in a CIVIL MANNER.

Can we agree on that, Wertgraph?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

PLease stop stalling, and continue.

I would really like to get to what part of this story you disagree with.

The titor story is mearly a possiblity.. i have found no flaws in it that defy logic. I am looking forward to you getting to a point where we can examine where this story gets illogical.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated7
Seriously what is the point of this thread? Do people actually believe Titor?

Read the entire thread. Search Titor in the ATS search. Yes, people believe it so much that it has become a religion. Most even just make up stuff now to fix the holes he left in his story when he realized that he needed to stop before he got caught in a lie. Too bad he did not stop before that actually happened.

But YES, Lots of people believe this and believe it in a big way. If you doubt that, you have not read this thread at all. If you do not understand why they do believe it, you are welcome to add whatever you have to the discussion.

Please, let us all shy from just bashing each other for believing or not believing though.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well I haven't gone through a whole lot of research on Titor because I'm not going to entertain the thought of a guy coming from the future just to warn people of ATS of what is going to happen, that's just a ridiculous idea inside itself.... You really don't need a crystal ball or an imaginary time traveler to tell you things are going down the crapper, I could throw a few hypothetical future disaster scenarios too, but are you only going to believe me if I came from the years 2030 something?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated7
Well I haven't gone through a whole lot of research on Titor because I'm not going to entertain the thought of a guy coming from the future just to warn people of ATS

Then why are you even responding on this thread?

Am I typing funny when I ask people to stick on topic and be relevant or is this just where people go to whine?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

PLease stop stalling, and continue.

I would really like to get to what part of this story you disagree with.

The titor story is mearly a possiblity.. i have found no flaws in it that defy logic. I am looking forward to you getting to a point where we can examine where this story gets illogical.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

OK, so according to your version of Titor's story, all possible worldlines already existed, he just happened to end up in ours.

OK, you are the scientists that need something retrieved. It will take abundant resources both real and financial to send someone through time to get it.

You want me to believe that they just gambled on the fact that of all possible worlds, he would end up in one that just happened to be close enough to have what they needed? Please tell me the amazing funding operation his world uses because we need it.

Seriously, is this what you believe? They knew the chance of him getting to a place that worked for them was 1 in infinity but they tried anyway?

p.s. this is not the reason the story falls apart on itself but you are getting closer. I think this reason works pretty well too though.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Luciferdescending]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It is strange that you would have ANY ability to control the "variance". As to the variance in parallel universes the only way i could see this happening is if the strength of one of the fundemental forces of the universe were altered when it was created, if it was ever created. The small alteration in the strong, weak, or gravitational forces would change reality so fundamentaly that it would NOT resemble anything you experainced....... so believing that, it is impossible for titor to time travel into a past with ANY variance he would recognize.

So really the possiblitys of variance of parallel realitys in "popular" theoretical physics is based off of the human assumption of freewill. That our choices can change and alter the reality we exist in. If free will exists then the reality he wants to choose exists, so finding it is the key.

Your right, it is very hard to try to imagine a way to identify the specific variance you would wish to enter into. Although if the structure of the possiblitys of relaitys was imagined in a 3d format... when you moved though that medium your divergance from your original timeline would increse the further you went. (im trying to imagine something like a giant peice of broccilli where each branch of it is a possible timeline... athough it would be much more dense.)

Ill think some more about how its possible tonight.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

So really the possiblitys of variance of parallel realitys in "popular" theoretical physics is based off of the human assumption of freewill. That our choices can change and alter the reality we exist in. If free will exists then the reality he wants to choose exists, so finding it is the key.

No....it comes from the simple logic that infinite universes would not even be a concept if each was identical right?

Your right, it is very hard to try to imagine a way to identify the specific variance you would wish to enter into. Although if the structure of the possiblitys of relaitys was imagined in a 3d format... when you moved though that medium your divergance from your original timeline would increse the further you went. (im trying to imagine something like a giant peice of broccilli where each branch of it is a possible timeline... athough it would be much more dense.)

Hello? Are you there? Are you listening? Re-read that last paragraph you just wrote me. Now, how many times did I say that Titorites have to "imagine, make up, lie, add, embellish" what he gave us in order to make it work? Did you just quote anything from anything Titor said? No. You are now imagining how it might be possible. Titor never gave us such a scenario therefor there is NO reason to even bother with it. Are you trying to prove my point about Titor fans having to make up new facts to make his lie work?

Ill think some more about how its possible tonight.

Please do not. Just read all the Titor facts you claim to have handy. Tell us how he explained this little quandry. Personally, I would really rather you admit he never explained it and admit it makes no sense so we can move on to the big lie but if you really want to keep "thinking about how it MIGHT make sense" go for it, just add that to another thread please. All I ask in this one is that we stick with the particular fraud at hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

OK, so according to your version of Titor's story, all possible worldlines already existed, he just happened to end up in ours.

Actually , that's according to Titors story, not his. Also, "Titor's" with the apostrophe means "Titor Is".

OK, you are the scientists that need something retrieved. It will take abundant resources both real and financial to send someone through time to get it.

Yep, why is this a point, he never said he got his time machine from a vending machine or built it out of legos. HE said it was the Government in his time who was doing all this. Who has more resources than the government?

You want me to believe that they just gambled on the fact that of all possible worlds, he would end up in one that just happened to be close enough to have what they needed? Please tell me the amazing funding operation his world uses because we need it.

Seriously, is this what you believe? They knew the chance of him getting to a place that worked for them was 1 in infinity but they tried anyway?

He stated multiple times that the machine has numerous sensors that can keep the divergence to a minimum. Now who is ignoring or making stuff up? And yes they did have a "one in infinity" chance. Apparently your mind can't seem to handle the concept of "infinity". Infinity means that there are also an infinite number of world-lines that would have what he needed. All they need is a way to semi-accurately navigate the path to those world-lines. They don't need to single out a certain one, just make sure he is somewhere in that Infinitely sized group of world-lines that had the 5100.

p.s. this is not the reason the story falls apart on itself but you are getting closer. I think this reason works pretty well too though.

Well, for crying out loud, stop trying to maximize your points by leaving "teaser posts" Get to you point already. This is the last post from me until you do, and I suggest others do the same.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Actually , that's according to Titors story, not his. Also, "Titor's" with the apostrophe means "Titor Is".

Does it? Really? Ask your English teacher to explain how grammar wroks for you. See when you contract as in Titor is you use apostrophe's but when using proper nouns or it, an apostrophe is denotative ownership. We can start that thread too if you like.

Yep, why is this a point, he never said he got his time machine from a vending machine or built it out of legos. HE said it was the Government in his time who was doing all this. Who has more resources than the government?

TADA!!!!!! I said he was funded and resourced. What government, what company, what financial industry would gamble on a 1 to infinity odds? Please tell me about them I have some things to sell them.

Really? They did? Wow. See above.

He stated multiple times that the machine has numerous sensors that can keep the divergence to a minimum. Now who is ignoring or making stuff up?
He said lots of things. Did he leave us any reason to believe any of them aside from his saying it was so. I know I have mentioned my invisible dragon?

And yes they did have a "one in infinity" chance. Apparently your mind can't seem to handle the concept of "infinity". Infinity means that there are also an infinite number of world-lines that would have what he needed. All they need is a way to semi-accurately navigate the path to those world-lines. They don't need to single out a certain one, just make sure he is somewhere in that Infinitely sized group of world-lines that had the 5100.

Cool, we know you fail at English and now Statistics. The Chances of anything being 1 to infinity in infinity is an impossible gamble. The chances of getting right are infinity times infinity. Can you do that math?

Well, for crying out loud, stop trying to maximize your points by leaving "teaser posts" Get to you point already. This is the last post from me until you do, and I suggest others do the same.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Tiloke]

Hmm, last I looked, I had -3 points so I am having trouble imagining that being a motive for anything. Do I really need a new color for my SN or a second title. I guess egos are bigger than I imagined here.

The third question spawns from the 2nd being answered, honestly, according to Titor words. This does not mean pick and choose the parts that support you and ignoring the parts that completely destroy it. Can you really multiply infinity times infinity? Can you justify anyone, any corporation, any military, any entity at all spending that money and time to take that gamble? Can you imagine it all and make it all make sense and you have remember that he claimed there was a certain amount of difference remember? So you cannot make up some fancy little variation on things that would make it work. We have to stick to what "titor" gave us. He gave us up to 2%. You decide how that is counted, how that is measured and how that changed things between our world and his where infinity squared has an answer.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't see the point of this topic. It's just another angry person who outright said that he will shoot down any opinion of anyone who disagrees with him.

If you've done as much research as you claim to have done, you should know the answers to the questions you're asking. Your questions are so broad, I can't see how anyone would have time to type it all out for you, in paraphrase form. He goes into so much detail about time travel, perhaps a link is the only way to answer your question: johntitor.com...

Just stop acting like your opinion is proof that "kills" the John Titor story.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When you have the technology and people are suffering theres alot that would be risked to prevent it. From what ive seen i dont think time travel is possible .. and if it was there would be nothing you could change... and if there were multiple parallel universes a 2% differance over the span of "INFINITY" would equal a VASTLY differnt reality. So im pretty sure its bullcrap. A man can dream though huh? To say something is impossible takes much less thinking than trying to findout how the pieces fit.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i refuse to fall any further into this rediculous farse. this is my first and last post to you.

TADA!!!!!! I said he was funded and resourced. What government, what company, what financial industry would gamble on a 1 to infinity odds? Please tell me about them I have some things to sell them.

clearly you dont know jack ^($%^ about titor, and have no place baiting people into this BS.

there is no and never was a gamble according to titor. odds have no place in the QM of his travels(into the past).

read all of his testimony, and if you have re-read it, becuase you fail to understand the cornerstone of HIS explaination of travel through time.

kill this thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~
[EDIT]i ve just read some of yor posts and i see that you were baited somewhat into that perspective. however this thread still needs to DIE

[edit on 6/3/09 by Glyph_D]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

someting tells me you dont really care about anyone proving you right or wrong, infact if you know its a hoax by now why did you waste so much of your life with this thread to just yell at people. you are so cool man! and does it matter if he is real or not? nothing is real and everything is real.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legend
I don't see the point of this topic. It's just another angry person who outright said that he will shoot down any opinion of anyone who disagrees with him.

quote me

If you've done as much research as you claim to have done, you should know the answers to the questions you're asking. Your questions are so broad, I can't see how anyone would have time to type it all out for you, in paraphrase form. He goes into so much detail about time travel, perhaps a link is the only way to answer your question: johntitor.com...

Just stop acting like your opinion is proof that "kills" the John Titor story.

I did and I do. The problem is that ATS is full of titor "experts" who seem to know just enough to get them to believe this junk. I know the answers but simple writing a page that Titot is a fraud and here is why is boring. I would much rathar watch the same people that I have been watching for a long time not gon on and on about how Titor doubters are just ignorant to back it up a for a change. How many pages has it taken for them to not even try yet. How many pages of people just asking why this thread exists?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

When you have the technology and people are suffering theres alot that would be risked to prevent it. From what ive seen i dont think time travel is possible .. and if it was there would be nothing you could change... and if there were multiple parallel universes a 2% differance over the span of "INFINITY" would equal a VASTLY differnt reality. So im pretty sure its bullcrap. A man can dream though huh? To say something is impossible takes much less thinking than trying to findout how the pieces fit.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

I think this comes the closest to what brought me here to begin with. To imagine what I have yet no idea of is astounding. The things most of us no knowing about is beyond that. Above that I am only more intrigued. Unfortunately this arrogant attitude some people have for believing pure lies simple because they are actually the ignorant one has just gotten me to dam many times.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
i refuse to fall any further into this rediculous farse. this is my first and last post to you.

clearly you dont know jack ^($%^ about titor, and have no place baiting people into this BS.

there is no and never was a gamble according to titor. odds have no place in the QM of his travels(into the past).

read all of his testimony, and if you have re-read it, becuase you fail to understand the cornerstone of HIS explaination of travel through time.

kill this thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~
[EDIT]i ve just read some of yor posts and i see that you were baited somewhat into that perspective. however this thread still needs to DIE

[edit on 6/3/09 by Glyph_D]

This is your first and last post to me because you already know at least a handful of rebuttals that will shut you up for good. I won't waste my time with any of that What you said is silly at best and stupid at worst. Thanks for stopping by.

p.s. just off the top of my head -ummmm never said Titor said it was a gamble. If you understood chance and stats, you know he did not need to me to a particular casino.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

someting tells me you dont really care about anyone proving you right or wrong, infact if you know its a hoax by now why did you waste so much of your life with this thread to just yell at people. you are so cool man! and does it matter if he is real or not? nothing is real and everything is real.

I am not really sure what you are trying to say but hey you are right. So far it seems I have spent the last 4 or 5 days out of 30 on this topic. I will try to keep it down for you.

Can anyone post on topic?

Can anyone just prove Titor????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

all you can do is whine and flame.

Think I am, making that up, just actually read the thread. If anyone sees some great intelligent point that I have somehow missed, please point it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join