It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Parties, Tax Protests planned for this Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I guess it was the recently passed stimulus bill that finally did it, but Tea Parties are currently being organized across the nation...

According to Michael Patrick Leahy - co-founder of Top Conservatives on Twitter and publisher of The TCOT Report - 25 cities are confirmed to be hosting Nationwide Chicago Tea Party events at noon EST on Friday February 27.

Online conservative activists have rallied to CNBC's Rick Santelli's call yesterday, backed by mortgage traders, for a "Chicago Tea Party" to protest the Obama Administration's bailout plan.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Here is that video...

Anyone planning on taking part in the Tea Party / tax protests?

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 2009/2/22 by evilod]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What's the correlation/reference to the Boston Tea Party?

I mean, why call this the "Chicago Tea Party"??

The only hint I can see is a subtle suggestion to catalyzing another American Revolution. But today's scenario isn't even remotely comparable to the Boston Tea Party.

What are you gonna do, sink a bunch of houses?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Taxation via Misrepresentation

That makes it somewhat the same parallel. By failing to represent the desires and opinions on such matters one could even make a claim of No Representation.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

That is exactly why we need The FairTax... www.fairtax.org !

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'll be there for sure. I'm even taking an extended lunch Friday afternoon to go. Can't miss it. This is everywhere folks... Mine is in the STL in front of the arch. Who really cares what it relates to? I'll go throw S##t in the river!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Starred and flagged,
2nd line

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Over lunch?
Hell I wish it was that easy.
I will be driving the 800 miles just for the few hours it's takes.

But, that's ok. It's that important too me. Anything is better than nothing right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I guess I had to sign up to face book just to get information. Maybe face book can buy the refreshments.

I looked at the Kan. City one and put a maybe.
Then I looked and Al Gore was next to me on the list.

I guess I'll go to the Tulsa one instead. If that pinhead has anything to do with it, it will go to Sh#t.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is interesting news that I will continue to investigate the particulars of on another board because ATS has been locking threads like this left and right lately.

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Sure, it is up to interpretation.... but I digress.

Staying on topic, this thread is a discussion about the protest (or whatever you want to call them) and is not a recruitment thread. I find it very interesting that some people are organizing, does anybody think this is only the beginning? I wonder what the ramifications will be for such a thing?

Could these types of events be what the expanded detention centers are being built for? It is very curious that the detention centers (FEMA, DoJ and DHS) were being planned way before this "unforeseeable economic collapse" began to unfold. Hmmmmm...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
here's the trick...

These "parties" should be burning USD...

Destroying money is illegal... and this would be civil disobedience... it would also show the gov't what we think of their fiat money when they decide to print up billions and devalue what we've been saving...

Unfortunately, it won't happen in the U.S.

Ever... people like money too much

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My wife and I will be going to Kansas City for the one there on Friday.

I have been shooting my mouth off and it's time to back it up.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I hope this catches on and spreads. I would love to see widespread protests across the country, and hopefully by next month we shall.

The voice of the people deserves to be heard, and when they wont listen then you have to get a bit louder.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
What's the correlation/reference to the Boston Tea Party?

I mean, why call this the "Chicago Tea Party"??

The only hint I can see is a subtle suggestion to catalyzing another American Revolution. But today's scenario isn't even remotely comparable to the Boston Tea Party.

What are you gonna do, sink a bunch of houses?

He was on the CBOT (Chicago Board of Trade) when he made that speach and Obama is from Chicago. really?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Can you share some more information about this KC tea party?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Off of the link here, look at the bottom of the story for the tea party link.
You have to sign up to face book to get anything on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah, I was meaning to only post links that were informative and wouldn't be interpreted as recruiting. The post was intended simply to make people aware of the upcoming protests and to see if anyone was planning to attend.

And yes, I do think we will be seeing more events like this. Just a few months ago I was at the Atlanta Fed Reserve building protesting the first bailout. It was mostly Ron Paul supporters then, but the movement is spilling over now. People are waking up to the theft that is taking place, by the government, of the people. I think we have reached a tipping point.

reply to post by ChilliCheese

I also plan to take a long lunch that day to go dump tea - or possibly burn Fed Notes - on the steps of the Capitol.

reply to post by nj2day

Civil disobedience indeed.

top topics

join