It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Game In town- You should probably watch this soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for a few years now and keep a very open mind. This info by far, if made public and easy to distribute will be watched and taken into serious consideration by many.

A close friend of mine works high up in the financial industry, he looks through budgets and various financial documents on a daily basis. Once I gather enough hard info from real gov't docs I'll have him look it. See what his take is on it, if this can be explained in any other way.

If all this turns out to be what we all think it is right now we need to produce a new video. Maybe even see if the Zeitgeist people want to add a section of this into their next release because they already have such a giant following as far as conspiracy video's go.

I also suggest if anyone knows Michael C. Ruppert, the author of Crossing the Rubicon. Please contact him and let him have a look at all of this. This is right up his ally.

Lastly this needs to go to the front page of ATS. So spread the word!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I totally agree with talking to the zeitgiest guys about this.

The amazing thing is that this is HUGE and it's been right in front of all of us this entire time. This is a true testament to how these people work.

J2000, make sure you tell us all what he says to you, especially remember to ask him to join us here in some way, even if we have to set up a shoutcast with him as long as we all get to talk to him.

Darkstar86, thanks for doing that. I'm pretty sure this is legit but it's always great to have independant verification. It would be horrible to get egg all over our faces like that.

This guy, if he's right, is going to be a hero one day to america; like Rob Menard is in Canada (Watch the video if you don't know who Menard is, his info is equally as important, and if you guys want we'll start a thread about him too)

I wish there was a way to put this on the front page, not for the sake of promoting my name because that's dumb, but man this really needs to get out. I'd never even though about this stuff before; I didn't imagine it went this deep and I've been studying this stuff for about 6 years now.
/newb

Google Video Link

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Who here has a lot of friends on Digg? I was thinking about submitting this to digg but realized it wouldn't go very far with me and my 2 other friends on there. If anyone has some pull on the site can you please submit this thread or something in relation to CAFRs?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar86
this needs to go to the front page of ATS. So spread the word!

I agree. Although the subject matter is dry, the implications are monumental. It's a mother of all conspiracy theories, and yet, to a large degree the evidence for or against is neither circumstantial nor restricted.

Burien has been hammering away for over a decade yet remains almost a voice in the wilderness. For this reason and as a non U.S resident I put him aside as a big maybe. Also the phrase, "Comprehensive Annual Financial Report" filled me with dread. The extent of my research was to see who was debunking or qualifying his claims and I found none.

I very much look forward to your findings.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If you want this to get out, start a new thread. and flag it.

I saw this thread and clicked the video, but it was too long. So I watched it later that day and im sure many others waited before viewing the video. Not enough people are seeing this.

This has me curious about here in Canada too.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
sign me up this needs to get major attention

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I completely agree about getting awareness out there about this particular issue, it really is THAT important. Especially considering America's current economic state. We are literally facing a black hole of "recession" and this is something Americans really need to take a look at, an honest, hard, objective look at. I tried downloading it to my thinkpad but it didnt take, something about it being a MP4 format and I downloaded VLC player to see if that thing would fix it since it holds so many codecs for so many types of media players but it didn't work either. First thing I think we need to do is get a couple people to download this to the hard drive just in case some one notices attention gathering around the link and decides to cut it. Second is like you all keep mentioning. Grab the people most popular with the media about conspiracies and let them have a crack at it and see where it goes. Lastly would be keeping a good amount of communication and cooperation between us about how to and what to do with getting it out there, I've already posted a link to the google video via my myspace blog, and posted bulletins about it aswell. I was actually seriously considering printing up flyers and posting them everywhere and anywhere with just enough info to rouse curiosity but you know that this thing being 2+hours is one thing some people are just apathetic enough to want to overlook....Keep me in the loop peeps!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
one more thing, on a more technical level, regarding the difficulty I was having finding a suitable player to use on downloading the video to my hard drive, anyone know how I can go about getting the video to work once downloaded? I only have vlc, real player, and windows media, and none of them work on the video.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
VLC should play just about anything..

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Alright guys
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's the new thread

Flag it up, lets get this out.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

G8 now G7. Why do you think Russia got kicked out? Also, research NAM.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Great thread got closed..

If Solomons comes over here

reply to post by Solomons

These reports are possibly the give away to the biggest corruption ring in the history of the united states, to say the least.
They're real, you can google *your town*+CAFR and you'll probably be able to find your town. If you can't find your towns' search for your state's.

They're real, I promise you.

For example, here's some from my state.
www.ok.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
thanks for this post!

great information: worthwhile to look at and spread

S&F

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Great so I just emailed the guy giving him the link to the new thread and the mod closed it.....*sigh* here was the email as I wrote it out :

I participate on a prominent conspiracy theory web site named AboveTopSecret.com. Your video regarding the CAFR has surfaced on a thread there and it has received alot of positive feedback.
Let me be clear, I dont speak for the website or its owners or anything like that, I am just a member.However as such I find there are alot of us trying to draw attention to your findings and would like what you have to say to be pushed out into the mass awareness. Especially regarding the nature of the current economic atmosphere in America.
I would like to invite you to join us there if you have the time, we would like to get you and your findings (as I said) out and in the open with whatever means necessary and available.I offer you the link to our main page here: www.abovetopsecret.com and here:www.abovetopsecret.com... you'll find the actual thread dedicated to your findings and it's implications as speculated by the members interested in said topic. We hope to see you there!
Sincerely,
Averysmallfox-username on ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I viewed the video.
Very informative.
I too was unaware of the comprehensive annual financial reports, and how each district, town, city, county, state, federal levels prepared them seperately.

Whole lotta cha-chingin' goin' on under the radar, eh?

Unfortunately, I believe my state is about 9 billion in the red as of this year.
Better raise some tax revenue and quick...

Oh, are U.S. Trustees in the same tenure

4. Manner of holding, in general; as, in absolute governments, men hold their rights by a precarious tenure.
[1913 Webster]
*underlines added for emphasis
scale as Judges?

[edit on 27-2-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This would be his actual page. Feel free to email him and encourage him to participate here. His email addy is listed torward the bottom of the page. Take a look at his numbers while your there as well. All very compelling information.CAFR-Burien's actual website

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What exactly are the claims in the video? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

It is no secret among virtually every account or economist in the US that the government invest in all kinds of private sector things. Is the issue that the Funds are larger than the Liabilities? Are you comparing long-term liabilities to current Funds?

Can some please explain the actual issue? What numbers should I be looking at?

Please provide an actual example if possible. Page numbers and line items.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

That is exactly the point. They are really not in the Red.
That budget counts the money they put into the investments.
All they have to do, is use some of the investments until things
level off.
They could easily drop tax right now and still have everything
covered. Its a scam.

Just a big scam. Not to mention Unconstitutional because they hide it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Quest

Here is the summary I posted on the thread that was just closed:

Okay, I've already watched the video from the previous thread.

This information is monumental! I'll give you an analogy which basically sums up what is happening.

Say I make $50,000 a year. However, I have a budget that states I won't spend over $30,000. At the end of the year, I find out that I have spent $40,000. Instead of truthfully declaring that I have a $10,000 surplus, I tell you I have a deficit of $10,000, and I now need to raise your rent and other fees in order to bring this deficit down. This is what the government is doing on a much larger scale. Got it?

That's pretty much it in a nutshell - the basic concept at least. Plus there is a call to action. This information is freely available to the public though the goverment does not tell us about it, nor the major media outlets. Every state, town, school district, etc. compiles what is called a CAFR, or Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - these are the "true" books. Anyone can obtain them and learn how to read them to discover how bad we're being screwed and spread the word. They are dependent on our ignorance in order to continue this scheme.

Some important websites to check out that deal with this are
www.cafr1.com... and www.cafrman.com...

This is the point I'm at now trying to make sense of what I'm seeing in the CAFR. I have located the CAFR for my state and my town, but I'm trying to learn how to analyze the report.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by hstock28]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by imd12c4funn

That is exactly the point. They are really not in the Red.
That budget counts the money they put into the investments.
All they have to do, is use some of the investments until things
level off.
They could easily drop tax right now and still have everything
covered. Its a scam.

Just a big scam. Not to mention Unconstitutional because they hide it.

THAT is the conspiracy? Go take some accounting courses and you'll see there is no conspiracy here. Those funds cover long-term liabilities like state pensions, lotteries, medical programs, and other things.

For example if the state has 10,000 workers who are set to go about 20 years between retirement and death, and (for simplicity) they each get $30,000 a year then the state needs AT LEAST six BILLION in funds to cover them. This doesn't even include things like money for lotteries or other long-term programs.

Then consider that the states are behind the games. At some point they started this program and the first people to retire immediately gobbled up everyone's initial pay in.

If you release the funds to stem taxes then you have shortfalls a few years down the line.

Social security has the problem that the trillions of dollars it has won't cover the long-term. The abilities of the states to stay above water because of investing in the markets is one reason the Republicans wanted to privatize.

The only way someone will see a conspiracy in these PUBLIC and HEAVILY USED AND REVIEWED documents is if they have virtually no understanding of accounting.

Again: CAFR's show yearly fiscal statements with funds but funds cover all liabilities, not just those of that fiscal year.

The most simple way to put this is that those funds are owed back to the people and are and will be paid back to the people. This is why you don't see pension liabilities on the expense for 2010 on the CAFR2008.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join