It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we hit the reset button on the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The title says it all. The NWO wants to create a new America? I say, "Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it, lol."

With that said, what is your vision for a new America? I live in Texas and would like to see Texas try it's hand at nationhood one more time. I think a few border states would want to join us. My only condition would be that if you want to be the President of Texas, you can NOT be a Bush or a Clinton. Further, there would be no less then three major political parties and the Republicans and Democrats would be forbidden.

The DOW is about 500 points shy of losing 50% of it's line since it's highest point ever in 3Q 2007. And there is no end in sight for the decline.

Bush gave about $800 billion to the Fortune 500 CEOs and Obama gave the same thieves another $800 billion. 1.6 trillion / 305 million people = about $5,000 per person.

A family of 4 would get about $20,000.00. If DC really wanted to help America and we had that kind of money to give away, giving it to the common man would do some real good. THAT would get the economy going again.

Giving it to the same thieves that ruined this country in the first place is NOT the solution. Remember, after they got the money, they quickly didn't know what happened to it.

Those CEOs would be arrested and put in prison until they "remember."

All of our elected officials in Washington, DC should be recalled. If they refuse to quite, we should surround them with tanks. If they still refuse, we should fire warning shots INTO (not over or around) the US Capitol and White House. If they still don't come out, level both buildings and call it good.

For those of you that consider Bush or Obama is the Messiah or the Anti Christ, I would say the exact same thing if Bush was still in. He supported the bailout to.

Order every federal employee in DC out of DC.

What are some of your ideas? I have so many ideas, I could start a website about it. But I don't have the spare time nor do I want to be bored by the US Secret Service.

"Sir, are you trying to over throw the government?"
"Dude, your people already have."

One man's over throw is another man's take back.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

With that said, what is your vision for a new America? I live in Texas and would like to see Texas try it's hand at nationhood one more time. I think a few border states would want to join us. My only condition would be that if you want to be the President of Texas, you can NOT be a Bush or a Clinton. Further, there would be no less then three major political parties and the Republicans and Democrats would be forbidden.

By this time I think we have more than enough legitimate reason to declare independance.

It would be an awefully bloody struggle though. But i tmight just be worth it.

I think it owuld be better for the states, or regions, to become more independant than for the US to be completely reset.

Why? because there is no way to please everyone.

California is more liberal than most states for instance. So is NY. Border states have specific issues they have to deal with. Each state has a different background and demographic.

The US is so diverse, it is madness to try to make laws aross the whole nation, from one point.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Liked your post.

Why? because there is no way to please everyone.

Very true. This is the problem with having such a large government. The minority of any issue will always be suppressed and forced into doing something they don't want to do.

This is why big government is bad. This is why there will be civil unrest in the future.

I think our Federal government has to fail. Let the individual states retain the power they once had. Give the people of this country 50 different choices on how they would like to be governed....not ONE.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I didn't mean that in the sense of the government being bad because it was big (a separate problem.) I meant that the USA is so diverse and commands such a population that for virtually *every* facet of the political spectrum you have people backing their cause. So, we are deadlocked.

It is like, take abortion as an example that comes to mind. It is legal now but there are many many people who want it outlawed completely. Yet there are more who want it outlawed just to a certain point in pregnancy, or completely legal.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

If reset means wiping every single federal law and federal department of the federal government (except the three branches specified by the constitution) I'm all for it. The only problem I see is that the whole process of our rights and powers getting trampled on would immediately start again without an additional amendment or two that expands on redress of grievances. We get nothing of any sort of redress of grievance! I don't know if we ever have to be honest. So I think an amendment could clear that up to slow down the erosion of rights and liberties that would start immediately after the "reboot".

There is a reason each state is called a "state", and that is because each state is supposed to be like an independent country allied with the other states only where there is common ground. Other countries have provinces. Our country has states with sovereignty, or is supposed to.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Reset.

Reformat hard drive.

Install new drivers.

Reboot.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
All Aboard!!!

The Sugar Land Express is streaming by a location near you.

Get on board and take a wonderful tour of our capitol.

No, serious now.

We have been on here for months knowing what to do. Some of us have posted various ways to do it. If we don't actually do it. Within one year, mark my words, it will be too late. From that point on it will take bloodshed.

That I do not want to see. I am willing to for the cause and to defend my constitution, but it should not be that way.

new topics

top topics

join