It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer support Obama!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
He is not enough like I'd hoped he'd be.

I wanted him to support the fairness doctrine.
I wanted him to redistribute the wealth more evenly.
I wanted him to socialize more things.

But he's not being liberal enough!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Are you being sarcastic?

If youre not... I'm not sure how to respond other than:
Obama is just a man. He can change his mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I'm not being sarcastic. He's not doing enough. I like that he's speaking with other countries, but I hate what he's doing at home.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

Interesting

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

He can't do everything in 35 days...

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The Fairness Doctrine?? If you don't like what's on the television or the radio, turn it off or change the channel.

Redistribute the wealth?? You've got to be joking. That idea is wrong, unfair, and just panders to the sense of entitlement that some people in this country wrongly have.

Socializing more things? The government has shown that they suck at running things. Look at Social Security and Medicare....Social Security is bankrupt (or almost) and Medicare is a farce. The Veteran Administration is a sad example of the government taking care of people. They can't handle what they already have.....and you want them to take over even more only to screw it up??

Please.... :shk:

[edit on 2/22/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Kernel is impressed with your patience. You took a whole month to come to this conclusion. Bravo.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just 30 days of being on the job and with all that comes with the responsibilities of president, you suddenly have given in to being way to impatient, I guess it's just like all of the other haters coming up with analysis of Obama as though he has been in there 8 years already, sheesh I can't believe it, already throwing in the towel and calling foul, oh well like they say opinions are quite abundant and everyone is entitled to theirs.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

The Fairness Doctrine?? If you don't like what's on the television or the radio, turn it off or change the channel.

Redistribute the wealth?? You've got to be joking. That idea is wrong, unfair, and just panders to the sense of entitlement that some people in this country wrongly have.

Socializing more things? The government has shown that they suck at running things. Look at Social Security and Medicare....Social Security is bankrupt (or almost) and Medicare is a farce. The Veteran Administration is a sad example of the government taking care of people. They can't handle what they already have.....and you want them to take over even more only to screw it up??

Please.... :shk:

[edit on 2/22/2009 by skeptic1]

Skeptic, your words are very well said, and I have to say I agree with you to the full extent, I thank you for your wisdom.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

Strange you did not bring up the military. That was the big reason he was elected. Obama has a huge amount of control over the military, being the highest ranking officer. Its the only thing that (fiscal) conservatives and liberals agree on.

Of all the things Obama should have done, surely get our troops home is the top item on the list. So far he has scored a big fat F in that regard.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey, there are ALLOT of people that think this way. I work in a building with over 2000 employees and another building next door the same size and we share a single smoking area. I hear allot of talk, especially with the under 30 crew about wealth redistribution. And I am not talking about envy of CEO's but envy of anyone who makes over 50k.

Here is the wisdom here.... There is a big difference between "Jealousy" and "Envy".

Jealousy is wishing / wanting of something someone else has. Everyone has been guilty of this. We have all been Jealous of talent, money, getting the girl, etc. Jealousy in itself can drive you to achieve, Though it is a negative emotion, it does in some cases provide a drive to achieve your "coveted" goals.

Envy is much more dangerous..... Envy is hateful and destructive.

Envy is not like Jealousy..... Envy is the attitude of "I can never have it and I don't want anyone else to have it either" "I want everyone to suffer like me!"

Envy is the emotion of TRUE Losers.. And there are allot of them.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
So far he has scored a big fat F in that regard.

More like the ultimate: F Minus!
Hopefully you get that reference.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The Kernel would like to know how long it takes to pass a bill into law. Being a betting man I'd wager it's more than a month. Why not give him some time to REALLY screw up before castigating him. I'm all for that but come on, he's had no time to screw up yet. THINK people.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
its hillarious to me how you people have faith or"hope" in any politician now days...they are not loyal to the voters they are loyal to the elite

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think it is curious how Obama captured the need/want for change in the American population (I witnessed many high level (rich) people crying over his victory)... only to find out once he finds out all the dirty secrets, that his 'change' has limitted possibility of happening.

I'm afraid it doesn't really matter who is in the driver's seat.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That's the problem with young kids nowadays, they don't have any patience.
Give the guy a break, he's only been Prez for a month so he hasn't really had enough time to screw things up yet.
But then again he hasn't time because he seems to be too busy doing his daily press conferences and daily speeches.

Jeez, it's like he is still campaigning and asking for our vote.

Somebody needs to tell Obama he already won and to start working.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I honestly think Obama is going to be your best hope with what you would like to see happen.

How would you like to see him redistribute wealth? By what means? Should he redistribute the work being done in this country?

The fairness doctrine? If he pushed that it would shake up the msm like crazy. CNN MSNBC FOX CBS - all of them would be in for some serious changes.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
That's the problem with young kids nowadays, they don't have any patience.
Give the guy a break, he's only been Prez for a month so he hasn't really had enough time to screw things up yet.

Sadly so. It's an internet thing. "I want it now". Something that Obama used with great efficiency in the primaries and the election.

But then again he hasn't time because he seems to be too busy doing his daily press conferences and daily speeches.

Jeez, it's like he is still campaigning and asking for our vote.

HE IS!!! He's thinking long term. He may also be an egomaniac that needs to see his face in the news.

Somebody needs to tell Obama he already won and to start working.

You're thinking short term. He isn't. He's a smart cookie. Betcha that he does the Tonight Show and every other one in his first term. That's right, "first term". He will get a second. This guy knows how to use the media, say the least wrong thing and look good doing it. He works damn hard too.

Either that or America will get sick of seeing his face every day.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama, because I didn't agree with some of the policies he supported, and also, as far as I could tell there wasn't enough positive information (for me) out there about him to be able to make an informed opinion as to what he would do if he became president.

I mean, people can SAY anything, but their past actions have to back up their words, and I couldn't really see any past actions that backed up some things he said he would do. Also, once they say they are going to do something, they have to follow through on it.

Most everything he had done in his life before deciding to run for president was deliberately hidden, such as, all his college records, any writings he did in college, any clubs he belonged to. All these things give an idea of what peoples values are.

A lot of his senate records were lost or hidden, and a lot of the votes that were on record were just "present" instead of for or against something. He said he didn't agree with certain bills that had been passed, but then when he had a chance to vote against them again, he changed his mind, before he won the election, he said he would bring the troops home as soon as possible, but he has done the opposite of what he said he would do on many occasions already.

Also, since he's been in office, his choice of officials for his administration are setting off the alarm bells, because if you look at their credentials, they are all old re-runs from previous administrations, who have baggage, or from sectors that have helped to cause some of the problems we are currently having, especially in the financial sector.

Because of all the above, Obama always had a mask on to me, and now the mask is being taken off, and I think the more time goes by, the less people are going to like what they see. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how I can be, to be honest.

(Also, I didn't vote for Bush either time, and I didn't vote for McCain either, so it's not a case of sour grapes, I just had a bad feeling about Obama, the same way I did about Bush........I've always been a pretty good judge of character that's been honed by 20 years worth of customer service experience. Both Bush and Obama made my bullsh*t detector go crazy.)

However, he's president now, and we've got to live with what we've got. Like my mother used to always say, we've made our bed, now we've got to lay in it.........

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

the fairness doctrine is a joke its just another name for censorship

this is just redistributing the wealth to people who will waste it on drugs or other vices.
half of the population of the US can not even balance there check book and are already drowning in debt because they believe money grows on trees.
I am 57 years old and have never had a credit card. guess what i owe the bank nothing and i have no outstanding debt to anyone.

I don't know where you go to the VA but i have some of the best doctors from UCLA that treat me. and I am a ex EMT and have worked many hospital around the state. and I rate the VA hospital that i go to up with the best teaching hospitals around the state. yes they have problems that you have to work around like there clinics that they have contracted out to HMOs to run. but if you know how to work the system it is easy to bypass them.
Yes i see problems with the VA that cost money.
I run into a few vets that have been in there drug treatment program that are abusing the program just to keep out of jail.
Some of these vets have been in and out of the in-house drug treatment program for years and i have even had them try to sell me drugs.
These few vets are just using the VA as a free place to live and will go back to using drugs as soon as they leave the program. but they are less then 1% of the vets being treated by the VA

I never voted for Obama or any democrats because they believe in a system that will never work.
How can you make promises to the treehuggers that want a deindustrialized the US so that it turns into a hippy commune.
And at the same time promise to help the unions that rely on industry to supply jobs for there members.

They have to break there promises to ether the treehuggers or the unions
More likely they will not do what ether group wants.
But both groups will still vote for the democrats

It never made sense to me and it never will why people will vote for a party that lies to everyone just to get votes.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 22-2-2009 by ANNED]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join