It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vs. Rush: A Conservative Perspective!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Rush is Right! Politically…for sure!

Rush is right….many times for sure!

BUT!

Not this time…he should back off the rhetoric!

He should slow down and let this (his) country get some traction. Rationale: We as a country are in desperate times…and in difficult times a nation divided is sure to fall.

Here’s a plea from a generally conservative man…Rush, back off for awhile…you’re ratings can handle it…surely our President should not have called you out personally by name..not a good move…chalk that up to being young, inexperienced and probably a bit nervous his first week.

Rush, as I know you love this country, please take a deep breath, let this package do some good…is it flawed no doubt! Was it put together by liberals, yes! But this democracy elected this president…give us all a chance to make this work…

Come back with a vengeance in January 2010…give it some time, let us see how things work…BOTTOM LINE WE AS A NATION CANNOT TAKE THE DIVISION…IT’S TIME FOR YOU AND BECK TO PUT YOUR HEADS TOGETHER WITH THE COUNTRY’S LEADERSHIP AND STOP TRYING TO CUT THEIRS OFF!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
As a conservative myself...I can't stand the Republican party much anymore. Until they start voting on principle I'll be voting for a third party.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Ex, I hear, welcome to ATS!

What OT thinks we need as a nation now...is unity, optimism and tightening the spend belt

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am a conservative. I am also a registered Republican. But I will do as I have always done, and vote the way I see things.
I agree, Rush should back off just a little. But if Obama or the liberals keep bashing talk radio, the he should crank up the volume.
I don't know who is going to take O'Rielly's place, but I think who ever it is should pump it up! I don't have to worry about Laura Ingram or Jerry Doyle: they are going to kick the hell out of every liberal out there. Especially Pelosi and Reid.
It is in our best interest to support them.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I'm against the "fairness" doctrine for sure....

I guess what i'm saying is we need MOMENTUM as a nation
and friction is a hindrance in the short-term, maybe not in the long run I concede...

But for now let's see how things go, get some stability and optimism in the market...I dunno?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Rush is an entertainer and its easy pickings for him right now. Rush's job won't get much easier than it is right now. Why should he back down with the dems claiming "we won" every chance they get? It doesn't meant they're right, and you count on the msm to point that out.

I sincerely hope Obama is right and this plan works. Hope and confidence are 2 different things. I hope he doesn't shut up. Kieth Olberman and Bill Maher never did, and never will.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Rush should keep doing exactly what he is doing.

He's a private citizen, doing the job people pay him to do.

You are suggesting he set aside his true feelings and principles and not speak his mind for a year?

Please.

I'm sick of everyone chanting this mantra about "coming together" and "giving Obama a chance".

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

you speak with tunnel vision ny friend

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do explain.

I simply have no interest in setting aside the things I believe in, and voicing those things, simply because others feel for some reason it is keeping us from succeeding.

I find the plan Obama has put forth to be wrong for this country, and I won't sit back and "give it a chance" quietly.

Neither should Rush.

If he were a government official or in some sort of political power, it may be different, but he isn't.

He is a citizen just like us, and has a first amendment right to say whatever he wants.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Do explain.

I simply have no interest in setting aside the things I believe in, and voicing those things, simply because others feel for some reason it is keeping us from succeeding.

I find the plan Obama has put forth to be wrong for this country, and I won't sit back and "give it a chance" quietly.

Neither should Rush.

If he were a government official or in some sort of political power, it may be different, but he isn't.

He is a citizen just like us, and has a first amendment right to say whatever he wants.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by nyk537]

What if your 1st amendment right to say what you want to say...and Rush get's to say what he wants to say....and you guys are really convincing....and this causes more uncertainty in the market...and it crashes...and we go into a terrible depression...will you and Rush be so ZEALOUS then?

I am thinking long-term...you are thinking short-term and God bless him Rush is thinking about two things...his constituency and his.......bank account!

Yes, you have rights...just count to ten before exercising them! OK?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I'd tell Olbermann and Mayer the same thing...back off!

OT

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So you are questioning our first amendment right to say what we want?

How about the right of everyone else to not listen to it?

You begin this thread by saying that you are a Conservative and then rant like you are....please.

You're not fooling anybody.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

The markets don't need any help from anyone in crashing.

They can see the problems with this so-called stimulus package and they are reacting to it.

There are big problems in that bill and in this country in general. People shutting up or sticking their heads in the sand does nothing to solve those problems.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
So you are questioning our first amendment right to say what we want?

How about the right of everyone else to not listen to it?

You begin this thread by saying that you are a Conservative and then rant like you are....please.

You're not fooling anybody.

No, slow down..ok? Go back and re-read what I wrote...btw, I can't hide anything...I have over 40 threads started with thousands of posts...so deep breath please...

I never questioned your right...

Nor of anyone's not to listen...

Now try again and read WHAT i wrote....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

What's your main point?

OT

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

:shk:

My main point is that telling people to hold their tongues does nothing to help the crisis we are in now. Avoiding the topic does nothing to help the crisis we are in now.

Just because you don't like what someone has to say, doesn't mean that they shouldn't say it. Just because you believe that the "stimulus"-spending bill needs time to do some "good" does not mean that everyone should tout the supposed "help" it will give our country and our economy.

A lot of people have negative views about this administration and this bill, top economists included. Should we just go with the flow or point out the obvious flaws in this administration's plans??

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

:shk:

My main point is that telling people to hold their tongues does nothing to help the crisis we are in now. Avoiding the topic does nothing to help the crisis we are in now.

Just because you don't like what someone has to say, doesn't mean that they shouldn't say it. Just because you believe that the "stimulus"-spending bill needs time to do some "good" does not mean that everyone should tout the supposed "help" it will give our country and our economy.

A lot of people have negative views about this administration and this bill, top economists included. Should we just go with the flow or point out the obvious flaws in this administration's plans??

Haven't told anyone to do anything...and certainly don't want to avoid the topic...I do like 95% of what Rush says...yeah, I have negative views of the bill and some in the admin...but they are voted in now...how about some respect, maybe?

I guess what I'm saying is...wouldn't a truse (sp?) be a good thing for a while?

Rush, Sean and Glen are brilliant...they can help this leadership...if all will work together..

I realize there are no easy answers....

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
I guess what I'm saying is...wouldn't a truse (sp?) be a good thing for a while?

No.

A truce ensures that there would be nobody in the way to speak out against the garbage Obama and Congress are pushing down our throats.

Rush, Sean and Glen are brilliant...they can help this leadership...if all will work together..

They can't help the leadership.

They are private citizens like us. They are only commentators, not politicians.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All,laptops dying, will have to switch to treo...

I guess the following is the spirit of what I'm trying to say...

Government: National leaders—Local officials—Citizens

In Scripture we are instructed to respect and obey government authorities and ordinances and to live honorably within our communities. National leaders and local officials are to punish evildoers and honor those who do well. (See I Peter 2:13–17 and Romans 13:1–5.)

I'd like to ask Sean, Glen and Rush..."are you ignoring this?"

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Influence bro...

Influence!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join