It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you dance? Teach me how to dance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I envy all you dancers. I envy the way you casually move into te music no matter what type and with out any inhibitions continue to dance. You dancers seems to be extroverts and even introverts alike. People say im some what of an extrovert but I must be the only extrovert who cant dance. I cant figure it. Im always pathetic at it, and when I do try it I have to be drunk just for it to be barely acceptable. I can slow dance, you know the whole wedding style etc etc..barely. For some one who looks great in a suit, I cant dance at all.

Now what I need to know is

a) Can you dance
b) How do you dance?

I need tips/advise.

Stay Fresh

Q_ball

Proudly Sponsored By

The Union Of Wack Posters

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
First off..Q..
You need to be able to keep the beat of the music.
Listen for the drumbeats...the bass..that's your beat.

When you can identify that, you move your body to it.

Example here...
www.youtube.com...
Hear the drum beat? Watch her hips move to it.

Just let your body follow after that.
Watch some videos, that's how I learn.

Or there's always this...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
seems too trendy for me. But I can figure it out, so far. But what about a club techno/house thats all mixed beats and not too melodic. I cant figure that out acess

And I dont shake my hips. Something a bit more masculine perhaps?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
seems too trendy for me. But I can figure it out, so far. But what about a club techno/house thats all mixed beats and not too melodic. I cant figure that out acess

And I dont shake my hips. Something a bit more masculine perhaps?

My point was for you to watch HOW she moves to the beat. Not for you to dance like her.
If you cannot pick that out, you won't learn.
Techno dancers are just all over the place, but there's still a beat.
Youtube has many instructional vids put up by people on various dances.
Just look some up.
As for trendy..honey, dances are all about trends and what matches the music.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you go out to a night club, and stay sober for the night. You'll notice that people aren't really dancing anyway. They just kind of swagger about to the music.

just make sure you keep your arms below the gay line.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ive tend to find that as a sober person in a club ppl trying to dance look like wankers lol to put it nicely...

But, would i be justified in saying id only like to ever say..learn how to tango or classical dance?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Ive tend to find that as a sober person in a club ppl trying to dance look like wankers lol to put it nicely...

But, would i be justified in saying id only like to ever say..learn how to tango or classical dance?

I kinda figured with your musical taste you might lean toward the classic stuff.
Anyone teach dance lessons where you live?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
well no one good looking

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't really follow anything, I just dance.

I hear the beat, and I just move to that. I don't really care what people think, I'm the girl who's flailing a little, and swinging her hips, and occasionally moving all over the dance floor.

Just Dance. Feel it, and move.

If you're talking structured dance - then you need lessons for that I think.

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Listen to the drums... start moving your body to them and not the lyrics or any other instrument. Move to that beat... start with your feet, then your head, and then your hips...
after you get that down....experiment.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
watch what the banana does this is how to dance. Make sure you do this is in a large group of girls. They'll love it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
slowly walk away from the banana.....
< this is break dancing... do not attempt unless you are really drunk.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I don't really follow anything, I just dance.

I hear the beat, and I just move to that. I don't really care what people think, I'm the girl who's flailing a little, and swinging her hips, and occasionally moving all over the dance floor.

Just Dance. Feel it, and move.

If you're talking structured dance - then you need lessons for that I think.

- Carrot

You and access make it seem so easy!!!!! If we are ever in a club im going to get drunk as a cricket and just try it..but promise..no laughing

But in the mean time, I might try structured dance. Ive never seen Christian Slater or Michael Keaton club dance...theyd do strucutured right?? I wonder what vikingant would do....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Club Music is usually pretty loud. You can feel it in your bones just standing there still.

THAT is the beat you need to move to. The bass, the drums, whatever the heck is keeping time for the song.

DO NOT, attempt to sing along with the songs - until you have mastered the art of swaying your hips to the music.

I'd say start with the feet, but I don't. I start with the hips. The feet start moving after 6 Vodka, and by 8, I'm never in the same place for very long unless there isn't much room to move.

Seriously, the beat, starts it all.

- Carrot
(It probably helps that I was a Musician for most of my young life)

[edit on 2/24/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
LOL,I remember the old disco days,and going dancing,we would normally have a few cans of courage before lol,lowers the inhibitions,and most dance floors are dark

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
8 is that all?? Gosh I can take 3 and im dancing but that was to latin and she was reallllllllllllllllllllllllllll hotttttttttttttttttttttttt but to club music...yeah still got no clue...guys break it down more...like to a song..i dunno name a club song i dont go clubbing :s

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't dance. I look ridiculous when I dance so I only do it when....

Moshing and headbanging fit my musical preferences better and I generally find them funner than dancing. Though I would not advise that at a club sitting unless you want to get kicked out.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Easy...

Pour petrol on both shoes...light....and there you go!

Works everytime, you'll be the centre of attention and will certainly be foot-tapping and jigging in no time.

Have fun..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

that video was so cool...i loved it.....thanks for posting it.

new topics

top topics

join