It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese troops flood Tibet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
No idea, but we must protect our own interest

We must balance equality and efficiency, in today's phase, China need more efficiency than equality, so some personal rights might be sacrificed a bit. with the development of China's economy, more equality should be taken into consideration.

What about World interests?
Eficiency over equality(human rights)? You put eficiency over life? God help us.

Sounds like you are copying the American way to me.

I think it's the wrong approach. I think all countries need to get together and start tearing down the "Inner Walls" of hatred and it's out-births that divide us such as: national pride, prejudice, discrimination, bigotry, selfishness, lust for power, competitiveness, etc. Let's see what good we can all accomplish intead of building foolish ignorant walls.

I want to be proud to say I am a citizen of God's Earth(the macro view), not some box with borders(the micro view).

People need to start thinking bigger and out of the box.

[edit on 24/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Most of Tibetans live happily in Tibet autonomous region of
China, enjoying a better and better life, they don't want independence.
but a small group of separatists determined to split Tibet from China,
tell me, who's human right we have to protect?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Promoting freedom and democracy to poor countries can only damage them.
because to rich they are luxury, to poor they are poison.
have you ever heared a poor country became rich by adopting freedom and democracy?
On the contrary, all successful Aisan coutries enjoy their fast growth in their
autocratic era, after democratized, the growth rate slowed down.
Do you know three gorges dam? to build it, millions of residents have to leave home.
I believe many many unfair things occured, but now the dam accomplished and begin
to serve the country. I heard in a democratic country, people decided to build a
cloverleaf junction, then the long journey of debate, discussion, lobbying began...
up to now, the cloverleaf junction is still on blue print:-)
that can tell the difference between eficiency and equality.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

I think it depends on what you value in life.

To me, at least, material and economic prosperity does not equal happiness.

In the heat of the action, when everything seems to be "progressing" and doing fine, it is easy to forget what really matters in the long run.

Many of us, who have lived in the "prosperous West", that you seem to be dying to mimic or catch up with, have a message to you: don't believe the hype. Especially not when the hype is over digging your own shallow grave.

Too bad this message seldom gets through.

I think these "separatists" of Tibet don't want material progression. They value other things in this world higher, and I can't blame them.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

The EU is a collection of countries, no argument there, but what we are more than anything else is an economic union and as such we trade more with china than america, we trade even more with america but mostly we trade amoungst ourselves.
And no I never had an 8th grade history class, i dont even know what 8th grade is, i got my info from wikipedia, which is a lot better than any info you have put up as it is verifiable.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Raud

Promoting freedom and democracy to poor countries can only damage them.
because to rich they are luxury, to poor they are poison.
have you ever heared a poor country became rich by adopting freedom and democracy?
On the contrary, all successful Aisan coutries enjoy their fast growth in their
autocratic era, after democratized, the growth rate slowed down.
Do you know three gorges dam? to build it, millions of residents have to leave home.
I believe many many unfair things occured, but now the dam accomplished and begin
to serve the country. I heard in a democratic country, people decided to build a
cloverleaf junction, then the long journey of debate, discussion, lobbying began...
up to now, the cloverleaf junction is still on blue print:-)
that can tell the difference between eficiency and equality.

Japan has never been richer since it adopted democracy, taiwan would also be an example, south korea would be another, or how about america which just so happens to be the richest nation in the world?
The list is endless!
now for the list of countries that dont have democracy that have crappy economies, vietnam, north korea, too many african countries to name, im sure there are a few more asian countries in there without democracy that suck aswell, what dont you see about the correlation between freedom and economic success?
You are depriving yourself of choice, the backbone of economic success.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by John Matrix

Most of Tibetans live happily in Tibet autonomous region of
China, enjoying a better and better life, they don't want independence.
but a small group of separatists determined to split Tibet from China,
tell me, who's human right we have to protect?

ABSOLUTE LIE!

Why then is there a media blackout?

I just got home tonight in Britain. I spent the last 3 hours in a Kagyu centre of Tibetan Buddhism.

I have celebrated the Tibetan New Year tonight with real tibetan's, and a Lama of Buddhism. Some young 18yrs old some old.

They all miss there homes terribly, obviously want to celebrate the Tibetan New Year at home in Tibet, but cannot as they fled the Chinese Soldiers Murder, pillage and repression of their culture, they are REFUGEES from the treatment.

And from speaking to them tonight, no things have got worse in Tibet for the Tibetan's the fact that the PRC government is shipping bus load upon Bus Load of Chinese there to weaken their culture and force them to be the minority is the biggest problem.

You obviously have to post what you said as you are Paid to do so, If you were not and spoke the truth as I showed in my links you would imprisoned and tortured like the many thousands of other Chinese who have been for speaking the truth.

Elf.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
Japan has never been richer since it adopted democracy, taiwan would also be an example, south korea would be another, or how about america which just so happens to be the richest nation in the world?
The list is endless!
now for the list of countries that dont have democracy that have crappy economies, vietnam, north korea, too many african countries to name, im sure there are a few more asian countries in there without democracy that suck aswell, what dont you see about the correlation between freedom and economic success?
You are depriving yourself of choice, the backbone of economic success.

Guy. before WWII, Japan is a militarism country, after that, it is controled
by USA, even its constitution was designed by USA.
Taiwan? after KMT retreated to there, martial law was practised for several decades,
The state of siege was canceled in 1980's.
South korea? it was a military government until Olympic Games.
USA? the progeny of sea rover, slave trader or holder, colonist...
can tell you how their forefathers became rich, that is another topic.
Guy, you really need to finish your "8th grade history class" :-)

[edit on 24-2-2009 by gs001]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I'm tired of begining another round of debate about the FACT.
Before you make your conclusion, you'd better pay a visit to
Tibet just like me. the fact is there, you refuse to accept,
it is your fault, not mine.
Of course you can just believe what those dissents tell you and believe
they represent all Tibetan people, I don't mind.
it is your fault, not mine.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Im not even gonna bother addressing the points you brought up, partly because im short on time but moslty because you are a paid blogger.
Get over yourself and your 2nd world country.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

As I have posted on this thread links to,

It is impossible to get a Visa to Visit Tibet at the moment, so how would I do this?

As I have spoken tonight and many times before on a face to face basis with Tibetans themselves I will take their conversations as fact as I am unable at the moment due to the Closure of Tibet to anyone by the PRC.

PS why do think I have not been to Tibet already?

Elf

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Perhaps the judgment of nations has begun. Pagan nations like Tibet will be in the crosshairs until there is real repentance, even though Chinese repression is blatantly unfair and cruel.

I think China is on the rise because it has one of the most vibrant if not oppressed Christian minorities. China is a far more christian nation than the US, who only boasts about 4% of it's population as actual believers in the Bible.

I see things in terms of what God is doing with the church. The church is dead in the West and it will take major judgment and calamities to wake her up.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Pagan Nation?

Buddhism is paganism is it?

First I have heard about it.

Isnt the Jewish faith Jesus was born into, and the old testament where offerings of killed animals made to God also paganism?

Please clarify

Elf.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by gs001

As I have posted on this thread links to,

It is impossible to get a Visa to Visit Tibet at the moment, so how would I do this?

As I have spoken tonight and many times before on a face to face basis with Tibetans themselves I will take their conversations as fact as I am unable at the moment due to the Closure of Tibet to anyone by the PRC.

Elf

So you have been to Tibet, I hope you can persuade them that they are living
in hell on earth and should go with those separatists.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

So you have been to Tibet, I hope you can persuade them that they are living
in hell on earth and should go with those separatists.

Come on man!
You can't have a pounding heart, with your nations flag on, as an avatar, and then post the most obvious propaganda pictures I have seen! And, even more so claim that you are not a nationalist?
You can do better than that!. How is your partner chinawhite doing? I am waiting for that "guy" to show up soon.

We outsmart you, you know?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

We certainly do raud,

Well said, and am in a a way concerned for GS as either he has fallen for the propoganda himself, which is an indication of the depth of Psy Op's and Media Manipulation, and I wish all to know the truth.

Or he knows the situation and is prepared to Lie for Money. Which is very heavy Karma.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This, perhaps more strategic value than one would think...

Keep in mind, India and Pakistan are at odds... Pakistan and Afghanistan are important to us for our "war"...

This, is more about political positioning IMHO.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The shameful act by the Chinese Govt exceeds any TYRANNY in our world.

We can't call our relatives in Tibet as doing so might put them in Jail.
These days The Chinese Authorities have been imprisoning Tibetan singers and imprisoning who ever downloads "REACTIONARY songs" on their cell phones.
Oh what a suffering, even after 50 + years, we are still brutalized by the same tyranny that killed 1.2 million Tibetan during what it calls "LIBERATION".

Tibet lockdown photos 2008-2009; Photos of military presence in Labrang, 12 February 2009

www.freetibet.org...

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Himalayan]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Himalayan

You are fortunate, because those western lummoxs believe all your propaganda,
no matter how ridiculous it is.
You are not fortunate, because you are challenging a stronger and stronger China
and the evil ambition of you and your western sympathizers to split China will
never come true.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by gs001

Elf

at the moment, here's the situation for travel to and around the TAR:

kekexili.typepad.com...

All expectations are that the restrictions will be lifted in a couple of weeks.

As to why you've never been up until now, why is that? It's not all that difficult, just a bit pricey in terms of airfare. I've never had any problems at all getting a Chinese visa, and travel around the country is pretty easy. Frankly, I prefer Chinese immigration to Homeland Security (plus beer is free on domestic flights).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join