It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese troops flood Tibet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am heartfully sickened by this terrible news. Oh but my prayers are going out. What more can we do? My home is open to any and all Tibetian monks and nuns. I will be traveling up the mountain in June with my family to go sit with and meditate with the monks. I will be taking donations and money for them as well. I am so sorry, if only you knew how special these enlightened beings are in real life.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am heartfully sickened by this terrible news. Oh but my prayers are going out. What more can we do? My home is open to any and all Tibetian monks and nuns. I will be traveling up the mountain in June with my family to go sit with and meditate with the monks. I will be taking donations and money for them as well. I am so sorry, if only you knew how special these enlightened beings are in real life.

How wonderful that you can be with them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

"That may be well and true... but i dont see the relevance of this to the Tibet situation.
China may own the US, but its still our place to say whether or not they are right or wrong on a topic. "

You don't see the relevance? I am not apologizing for the inhumanity of the Chinese in this situation. I am merely pointing out why Clinton reacted the way she did.
She is a coward.
They are too worried about having more worthless money to give to their bankster friends than they are the suffering of thousands of people.

It is a gutless response and it sickens me to my core. It shows these traitorous people for who they really are. They are the world's police... but only in matters that are of economic interest to them. If your plight stands in the way of their personal financial gain, they couldn't possibly care less!

I thought I made my position in this regard clear in my second post. I guess not.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It is really absurd that some Americans still stiffly believe that
Chinese people are inaccessible to foreign site, especially
when the amount of Chinese netizen is exceeding the total population
of USA. from this you can see how ignorant some Americans are.
If I were you I'd like to question about the information released by
Tibet separatists, obviously, they have the motivation to exaggerate
and distort the fact to get your sympathy.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but why are the Chinese so interested with Tibet? Why is that they choose to do this now? What's in Tibet that's so important to them? Isn't Tibet filled with a bunch of peaceful monks anyways?

- Omega

[edit on 23-2-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

If I were to guess I would say it has to do entirely with the message that a separation would send to the rest of the world.

There isn't much for China to gain by continuing to control Tibet. Not in any real significant terms. It is more of the fact that the Chinese Government fears "losing face" in front of the rest of the world by allowing them to separate.

Like I said, this entire episode is just a message. Which makes it even more sickening.
"Look at how powerful the Chinese are. We kill folks who like to live spiritually. And look how pathetic the west is, they are powerless to stop it because they need our money."

All the while it is those peaceable monks who are punished for this show.
As they say, nice guys finish last. It is true. But they should embrace it, it is in their doctrine.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

What's REALLY absurd is your about-face in regards to Chinese policy.

Another line.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
It is really absurd that some Americans still stiffly believe that
Chinese people are inaccessible to foreign site, especially
when the amount of Chinese netizen is exceeding the total population
of USA.

Okay I wont say how I Know But I do Detract at the Moment ATS and this thread is available within China from your home town actually Beijing.

I just viewed it from there as such

Good I hope you watch the documentary I posted on page 3 to learn some truth?

Please do.

Secondly I am not American

from this you can see how ignorant some Americans are.

Well no calling Americans ignorant is without basis I doubt if most Chinese people Know Genocide is taking place in Tibet for over 50 years?

That seems ignorant to me?

If I were you I'd like to question about the information released by
Tibet separatists, obviously, they have the motivation to exaggerate
and distort the fact to get your sympathy.

Um we were not talking about "Seperatists" but a nation state as recognised in the Simla Agreement in the early 1900's by China to, which the PRC Government broke, and the Genocide and media Blackout that exists within Tibet.

People you see due to this:

Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, more than sixty Internet regulations have been made by the People's Republic of China (PRC) government, and censorship systems are vigorously implemented by provincial branches of state-owned ISPs, business companies, and organizations.

The apparatus of the PRC's Internet repression is considered more extensive and more advanced than in any other country in the world. The regime not only blocks website content but also monitors the internet access of individuals. Amnesty International notes that China “has the largest recorded number of imprisoned journalists and cyber-dissidents in the world.” The offences of which they are accused include communicating with groups abroad, opposing the persecution of the Falun Gong, signing online petitions, and calling for reform and an end to corruption.

Source

And also here:

Chinese authorities blocking internet for celebration of Tibetan New Year
Already closed to foreign visitors, the region is increasingly isolated from the world. Beijing is massing troops in the zone, ready to repress any protest.

Beijing (AsiaNews/Agencies) - In view of the Tibetan New Year (Losar), which falls on February 25, residents of the region are denouncing that the internet has been completely blocked, isolating them from the world. In recent days, Beijing has increased the massive presence of police and army personnel in Tibet and in the nearby areas of Tibetan ethnicity, in Gansu, Sichuan, and elsewhere. For some time, these areas have been off-limits to foreign tourists.

Asia news

And as also noted here:

The Chinese government has cracked down on international media coverage of the unrest in Tibet, blocking websites and censoring the local feeds of broadcasters including BBC World and CNN.

Gaurdian UK

So no we are not ignorant but Deny Ignorance, ignorance of genocide, Media Censorship wherever it happen's and also the imprisonment of your own people calling for a more liberal and fair, just open society within China itself to.

It seems many of your countrymen, more than anywhere else in the world have been imprisoned for talking the truth and denying ignorance within china itself to.

Here is a history and list of such blocked sites such as Amnesty International, the LA Times, Wikipedia most blogging services and BBC China etc: History of the Blocked Sites in China

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 23-2-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I find that there is no way to reason with any of you guys here.

Deny ignorance? Heck, ya'll are the epitome of ignorance and arrogance.

And yeh, if you think China actually cares about what the rest of the world thinks about its policy regarding Tibet, think about ice cream instead, because that's at least tangible.

reply to post by Europe

Where de hell did you learn your history? Some 8th grade Asian history class?

And btw EU is a collection of nations, so it doesn't mean that all of them will no buy China's products if one says no.

[edit on 2/23/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

"Human rights cannot interfere with the global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crises," Clinton said in talks with China's foreign minister.

This is irresponsible verbal dribble.
Who do these people think they are?
Telling humans their rights cannot interfere with what they deem important.

The arrogance of it all!

[edit on 23-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Another round of dispute about the fact in Tibet just like what happened
last year in this forum? No, I'm tired of it.
You can read those posts yourself.
What China should do now is ignore all your noise and do what we want to do.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

I wasn't disputing with you, just posting facts about internet crackdown, arresting civilian dissenter's in China itself, those who question corruption and totalitarianism, and also taking back something I said that was wrong.

So I hope you watch that documentary I posted? please do I know you cant say on here if you have or not or you might be arrested and end up in prison, i understand and sympathise with that.

It does seem that the Chinese Government does not care for freedom of speech, Internet Freedom, the Tibetan People or culture or a just and open society for its own people, and yes does what it wants anyhow.

Things change though, and I have not bought anything Chinese for about 15 yrs now due to tibet and Tianaman square and many more people are doing this to. With the coming world Depression China should think on this as soon it's savings of US treasuries will be worthless. It saddens me as I love the chinese history, such a wonderful country, such amazing history, soo much for us to learn, then came along the PRC and totalitarianism with a smile and cheap toys for wallmart.

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
beside the debate, I'd like to show you a group of pictures taken by myself
in Lhasa, capital of Tibet. it's a beautiful city.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Those were some lovely photos gs001! I almost felt like I was looking at a slick travel brochure. I am compelled to share some photos of "goings on" in Tibet with you as a international sign of goodwill. Have A GREAT DAY!!!

accomthailand.files.wordpress.com...

www.cbc.ca...

en.epochtimes.com...

www.wildmind.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

good pictures
thank you for showing me these

I hope our government do the same thing just like what Nepal police did.
to those separatists, eliminating them is the best choice.
unfortunately, Our communist government is too zealous to join the
"international community"
that make them being too flabby in dealing with western provocations,
We need a more intransigent government who dare not only to say "no"
to the western provocation, but also dare to fight back.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by gs001]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
In today's world, if you show you flabbiness, those western ruffian
will be insatiable, endless compromise, explanation, communication can
only encourage them to oppress you, don't forget they are the offspring
of sea rover, slave trader, colonist, mobster....
Now more and more Chinese people realize this, we will instigate
our government to be more aggressive, not to yield an inch.
Russia is a shining example for us.
Then those western ruffian will shut up for ever.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
In today's world, if you show you flabbiness, those western ruffian
will be insatiable, endless compromise, explanation, communication can
only encourage them to oppress you, don't forget they are the offspring
of sea rover, slave trader, colonist, mobster....
Now more and more Chinese people realize this, we will instigate
our government to be more aggressive, not to yield an inch.
Russia is a shining example for us.
Then those western ruffian will shut up for ever.

With this being said, I must ask yout this, and I wish for you to answer from your heart:

1) Is China, as a nation, above all other nations in the entire world?

2) Is Chinese politics and politicians doing their absoulte best for its people, at all times?

3) Is anyone who opposes the rule in China, domestic or foregin in origin, regarded upon as an enemy and therefore subject for destruction?

4) Can you hardly contain yourself over the fact, or the possibility, that China will become the new center of world politics and economics?

5) Are free thought and the right to express ones views on thing conserning Chinese politics, domestic or foregin, of less value than the general prosperity and future of the Chinese political and/or economical system?

Please, answer these simple five questions as your heart speaks.
Thank you!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
1) Is China, as a nation, above all other nations in the entire world?
No, I'm not a nationalist.
2) Is Chinese politics and politicians doing their absoulte best for its people, at all times?
No, I'm not a communist
3) Is anyone who opposes the rule in China, domestic or foregin in origin, regarded upon as an enemy and therefore subject for destruction?
No idea, but we must protect our own interest
4) Can you hardly contain yourself over the fact, or the possibility, that China will become the new center of world politics and economics?
I welcome it.
5) Are free thought and the right to express ones views on thing conserning Chinese politics, domestic or foregin, of less value than the general prosperity and future of the Chinese political and/or economical system?
We must balance equality and efficiency, in today's phase, China need more efficiency
than equality, so some personal rights might be sacrificed a bit. with the development
of China's economy, more equality should be taken into consideration.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

OK, thank you for the honest replies.

I think that many posters in this thread will make use of these piece of personal values of yours.

I think I speak for most of the members here that to us, equality and personal liberties such as Human Rights always comes in first and they are to be fought for and defended at all costs.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
ehhh modern China to me looks more fascist and capitalist than communist...anyway not hearing much news about this situation.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Solomons]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join