It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese troops flood Tibet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
China can indeed call in our debts. The question is how far are they willing to go to collect them?

If they cut off all exports, they lose income. If they declare war, they have a problem of transporting a large enough force to be effective. Nuclear is more or less off the table because a) the US would destroy everything of any value China has in retaliation. b) the world would condemn their actions.

The best they can do is to refuse to buy treasury bonds, stop lending and encourage the rest of the world to boycott the US. The thing is, it would be rough at first; but the US can return to full isolationism and do just fine over time.

Other than looking good, there is just no strong enough motivation for the US to not be a bum to China. However with the cheap labor, we have plenty to gain by maintaining status quo. Unfortunately that means the US will do the wrong thing here and let the people of Tibet suffer needlessly.

Which really sucks. The guilt and remorse that I feel over it is worse than my feelings of fear of a total collapse and facing my own personal suffering trying to survive. I am well aware that there will plenty of times when the weather is bad or the hunting is poor and I will have to contend with going hungry. But as of yet, that isn't happening. So I feel for the people of Tibet. Which makes me human.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

maybe you should do a bit more research buddy , China is an even bigger suppressor and bully!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't think it will be long before China has to deal with it's own people and possible rioting. There may also be many who will sympathize and protest. I think China may be doing this to set another example. I don't hinkit will be long for people in the USA to also protest conditions. Looks like NWO propaganda and martial law.

Don't you just love how Hillary does her bizarre waves with her hands like a silly school girl? I guess she just loves her new job.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.samefacts.com...

For many years I had this sticker on my car,

Free Tibet,

Hello friends,

www.youtube.com...

Tara is known to the Tibetans as The Faithful One, The Fierce Protectoress and to this day there are stories carried out of Tibet by refugees fleeing from the horrors of Chinese occupation that tell of her intervention and assistance in their lives.

Sixty years of oppression, how much longer?

[edit on 092828p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i pray for tibet

they are our brothers

our fight is not against flesh and blood

it is against spiritual forces in high places

this is that which those in tibet discovered

now they will be scattered by oppression

blown like dandelion seeds

scattered around the globe

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow i have a hard time swallowing that, very surreal. Sick is a gross understatement for the emotions that stirs.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

[edit on 23-2-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Look folks, China has very recently threatened to drop US securities and move to a Gold Standard...

That spells deep sh- for the US if that were to happen. It would literally crush us.
China has realized that they have us by the short hairs and are making sure that the US knows it. They did something similar when Bush took office. They shot down a plane and Bush didn't do a damned thing about it.
"They will do something to test the mettle of this guy (obama)." Joe Biden

This is specifically the type of event he was talking about. And once again, the US bowed before their master.
China basically owns the US.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
All that being said, I am not sympathizing with Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama...
Putting your morals up for sale is disgusting!
Almost as disgusting as allowing your country to get into this sorta' mess in the first place!

As a co-worker of mine often says, "Perhaps it is time to beat the plows into swords."

Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I personally, made the comment in dry irony. I know exactly why we don't go fight, it is hypocritical of our country and government and makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
look at the quote - she mentions 'security issues'

what's going on w/ israel and iran? there's gonna be a fight if iran doesn't open up its program

maybe we're looking for favors? i.e., be cool if israel hits iran?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Would it be too early to guess that Hong Kong is next on the list after Tibet?

Somehow I feel this will not be a top story on the MSM. I would say more but I am suddenly not feeling well. I think it is a case of compassion and sorrow. I'd ask the government for an inoculation but it would appear that a side effect is extreme stupidity and delusions of grandeur.

I think you mean Taiwan, Hong Kong was returned to them in 1997
after the British stole it and held it for 150 years from the times
when they forced opium down the throats of the chinese.

Check out the opium wars and you will understand why the chinese
do not like the british very much.

As an Native American I tend to agree with them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Look folks, China has very recently threatened to drop US securities and move to a Gold Standard...

That spells deep sh- for the US if that were to happen. It would literally crush us.
China has realized that they have us by the short hairs and are making sure that the US knows it. They did something similar when Bush took office. They shot down a plane and Bush didn't do a damned thing about it.
"They will do something to test the mettle of this guy (obama)." Joe Biden

This is specifically the type of event he was talking about. And once again, the US bowed before their master.
China basically owns the US.

That may be well and true... but i dont see the relevance of this to the Tibet situation.
China may own the US, but its still our place to say whether or not they are right or wrong on a topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Correct...wasn't thinking very clearly when I said Hong Kong, as you can imagine. The whole situation bothers me deeply because I have Studied Confucius and Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching. These actions are so shamefully wrong and cut deeply.

I know it is the action of the government and not the people. There is just no honor in this.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I remember watching the movie "Seven Years in Tibet" not too long ago. China sent its military generals over to meet with the Dalai Lama, and the Dalai Lama basically said that their philosophy forbids them from accepting the Chinese's terms or something.... and when one of the generals was leaving, he commented "religion is a disease".

My thoughts on the matter is that what they are trying to do and have been for many years (although now they have the strength and technology to actually accomplish the goal) is to wipe out all traditional and original Buddhist teachings.

People in the West don't understand how powerful Buddhist philosophy is against tyranny and oppression. It literally cannot happen in the face of widespread awareness, and that is exactly what Buddhism is still very faithful at teaching, if practiced or understood enough.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
i pray for tibet

they are our brothers

our fight is not against flesh and blood

it is against spiritual forces in high places

this is that which those in tibet discovered

now they will be scattered by oppression

blown like dandelion seeds

scattered around the globe

Yes. For there are lots of spiritual work to be done.
This is the new age.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I remember watching the movie "Seven Years in Tibet" not too long ago. China sent its military generals over to meet with the Dalai Lama, and the Dalai Lama basically said that their philosophy forbids them from accepting the Chinese's terms or something.... and when one of the generals was leaving, he commented "religion is a disease".

My thoughts on the matter is that what they are trying to do and have been for many years (although now they have the strength and technology to actually accomplish the goal) is to wipe out all traditional and original Buddhist teachings.

People in the West don't understand how powerful Buddhist philosophy is against tyranny and oppression. It literally cannot happen in the face of widespread awareness, and that is exactly what Buddhism is still very faithful at teaching, if practiced or understood enough.

Ummm.. I also watched the movie when the general stepped onto that round thing on the floor whatever you call it. I do not understand your 2nd and 3rd paragraph. How can faith be used to conquer military might?

BTW, he said "religion is poison" not disease.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well at least the Chinese didn't bomb the # out of those tibetans like the Israelis did to the Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Don't see people ever talking about Corsica or how South Koreans hate the U.S. on this forum....

I know loads of koreans that love america.

China had TIbet for a thousand years before the Westerners came in and separated the empire. SO blame this conflict on yourselves Westerners.

What? where are you getting your information from? Tibet was its own empire until it was subjugated in the 18th century by china, thats a lot less than a thousand years.

And yeh, China owns U.S. for now. But, the Chinese government will not want the U.S. to drop because Americans are still the main consumers.

The EU is Chinas biggest tradeing partner and has been since 2006
www.china-embassy.org...

And don't think China can't live without the U.S. because the Chinese are capable of consuming their own goods.

You are actually jokeing me right? 90% of chinese people couldnt afford to buy any product destined for western shores.

So in conclusion pretty much most of everything you said was utter rubbish.

[edit on 2/22/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Old topic again
this issue had been discussed again and again last year.
I hope Chinese government taking grim action to eliminate all
those separatists and never explaining our action to those
hypocritical westerns again and agian, because they just believe
what the separatists tell them and never listen to us.
if you determine to be the enemy of China and Chinese people
it is your own business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join