It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, so the SHTF.... now what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Okay, so when the SHTF, you need to escape. I don't know what it is.... The army is rounding up civilians, America might be attacked or involved in a nuclear war, a large martial law revolution of some sorts happens..... but anyways, where are you going?

Suppose you manage to escape the initial round-ups, grab your BOB and are ready to run. Where do you go? Where is your most preferred place to escape. Where would you want to be?

Mine:

I live in Minnesota, and I've examined it, and Northern Minnesota seems like a great place.

A wide expanse of wilderness, an abundance of wildlife and lakes, which is good for water and food. Wood for shelters and fire.

It is also close to Canada, if you need a close escape. The people up there are nice, and if you need supplies, you might be able to hunt around for some. It is also so large that it would take a large military force to search the area.

Personally, I would rather be stuck here than anywhere when the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about the round-ups. Where i live, it's very small and won't be a target for FEMA or the military. And if they do start getting close to my area all i have to do is walk about 500 feet and i'm in the woods.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
remember you greatest fear should be helicopters and planes with infrared cameras being able to spot you from the air. When or if you hear a engine in the air know what to do to escape your heat signature from being seen.

Your number two concern will be crazy clans or groups of people looking for trouble. You better learn fast how to con them into liking you. Or you just might be their next meal.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
remember you greatest fear should be helicopters and planes with infrared cameras being able to spot you from the air. When or if you hear a engine in the air know what to do to escape your heat signature from being seen.

Your number two concern will be crazy clans or groups of people looking for trouble. You better learn fast how to con them into liking you. Or you just might be their next meal.

Good luck.

Good point.... I bet it would be smart on how to camouflage yourself. I'm not too worried about others... because the stupid ones will not survive initially. Maybe stay by a lake and jump in? Hid in dense brush?

But there is a lot of land out there...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3

I live in Minnesota, and I've examined it, and Northern Minnesota seems like a great place.

I used to fish the boundary waters in northern MN, would be a great place to hide. Assuming your shelter building skills were up to the task for the winters.

I have a retreat off the road in the hills of my area, literally no humans for miles in all directions. Such a huge area would be almost impossible to spot from the air, even if you were looking for it. Should for some reason it become compromised, there are always more mountains.

Large mobs dont concern me a whole lot. You would really need to be lost to find me, as for a heat footprint, no reason to look where Ill be, and if worse comes to worse sod roofs insulate from that rather well.

top topics

join