It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy, Department Of Defense And Environmental Impact Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Dont forget the downwinders from Nevada!(or wash,OR idaho)
Or are you that naive to think we wouldn't ever do that to our own people?
I know people personally who have been through that!
Don't you dare say, no it never happens!!!
Oh yeah, they had all the ordinary reassurances beforehand.
After the "tests"? Well, it still goes on.....
The people(enablers)that doubt this stuff, are worse than the
soldiers that participate, at least they can control their own
ideas and actions, for the most part. IMO

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I agree that those of us who are able to speak out have a duty to do so, that the military is trapped and cannot. Many of them are on their third tours, can't escape, would give anything to get out. The soldiers are being taken full advantage of by people who have no regard for their lives or welfare. When they get back and are sick and shellshocked they don't get proper care, their illnesses are pooh poohed away, and now they are told they can't even own a gun because they were in the military and probably have PTSD.

In fact, anybody who goes to the doctor, every single detail of every visit is loaded into a central computer. All that data is available to the government to build a case against people for any number of reasons -- imprisonment, denial of the right to own a gun, to frame them for a crime, anything.

If you want to be put on the "no gun" list, join the military. When you get out, you will be denied the right to own a gun, put on the "no gun" list.

The psychos that enjoy killing, they do just fine, get to come back and get a job as police psychocop.

A corrupt government needs a corrupt military and police force to back it up, per Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and now the U.S.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
Real sonar kills marine life, especially whales, also other larger fish that people need for food.

It doesn't necessarily kill, but it can harm them. Thus the reason the Navy takes safety precautions:

EIS: Resource Section 9: Marine Mammals
The extensive set of protective measures avoids, minimizes, and reduces potential adverse effects of
surface, air, and subsurface training and testing activities on marine mammals. In general the protective
measures include:

• Training personnel (watchstanders) to detect and report the presence of marine mammals so that activities can be stopped or altered to prevent conflicts or injuries.
• Conducting pre-training site surveys to detect and clear training areas of marine mammals that might be affected by activities before training activities are initiated.
• Adjusting sonar emission and operating procedures to avoid damage to susceptible marine mammals when they are detected in the vicinity of naval activities.
• Adjusting vessel, bombing, aircraft, and underwater detonation activities when marine mammals are known to be present in the area or when their presence is detected during a training exercise.
• Maintaining protective buffer zones around ships and other vessels when marine mammals are known to be present or when they are detected within established distances of ships and sonar exercises.
• Maintaining marine mammal exclusion zones around training areas that involve underwater detonations.
• Coordinating with NMFS before, during, and after major training exercises and reporting incidences that may have involved marine mammals.

That's on page 3.9-87.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

That's on page 3.9-87.

Did you get a chance to watch the section in AJ's Road to Tyranny documentary yet? Start at 1.15, catch the last 45 minutes.

Candid documentary footage of actual Marines practicing rounding up Americans for camps, invading homes, other "exercises," near Austin, Texas. Interviews with police chiefs regarding permission gained or not gained to do this and whether populace was told it was "just a drill" or left to think they were being invaded by black helicopters.

Anybody who hasn't seen this is missing the best study on this subject that's probably been done by anybody, ever. The film was made in 2002, and I'm sure things must be way worse now. It's scary and shocking enough just to see how it was then. Alex is not ranting, not hollering. It is a very serious documentary, crammed with information and facts, all proved.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Yes I did.

1. Project Megiddo - A report about the turn of the millenium and what extremist groups may have reacted violently. Christianity was included because, hard as it apparently is to believe, there are Christian extremists. A fact conveniently overlooked by Jones in favor of causing a response in the viewer.

2. The FEMA class, or whatever it was since it isn't said, at 1:27 - A 12 minute jump from talking about the founding fathers and the British to killing civilians with the latter being given no context whatsoever except Alex Jones' ranting. Who cares about context, or even what they guy was actually talking about during that missing 12 minutes so long as Jones can take one sentence and rant about it.

3. The Patriot Act at 1:29 - Jones apparently didn't read Title 18, Section 2331 that section 802 of the Patriot Act amends.

(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended--
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'.

The key word you are looking for there is the word "and". All of those must be met before an act is considered domestic terrorism. Not just A, not just B, not just C. All three of them, and for part B, all three subparts must be met. Despite Jones' assertions, jaywalking does not meet parts B or C though it could arguably meet part A. Thus jaywalking is not domestic terrorism, nor would it be considered such.

4. Operation Last Dance at 1:32 - I cannot find anything from any news source about it aside from WND or forums that use WND as a source. Does that mean it never happened? No. Does that mean it may not have happened exactly as the article states or as Jones attempts to twist it? Possibly, and in the case of Jones it is highly likely.

The fire, according to the WND article, was an accident caused by a blowtorch, it wasn't set on purpose though Jones would have you believe it was. The police chief claims he was offered money. Does that make it true? No. Could be he is trying to cover his own butt since the citizens were not warned as they should have been? Absolutely and that is most likely the case.

5. Branch Davidian massacre at 1:36 - The police and FBI did not start the fires, the Branch Davidian's did. A quick google search will tell you that.

6. The military training he videoed at ~1:38 there is a woman yelling "I'm an American, take me. Let's go." "I have children I need food." Not once do I hear anyone yelling "don't put me in a camp" or any variation of it as Jones claims. He even says himself that these were paid volunteers.

7. "Marines on Main Street" at 1:40 - Once again, no one but WND reported it. Everyone else uses WND as their source. Again that doesn't mean it didn't happen, but it also doesn't mean that it happened as Jones says.

The Marines set up a checkpoint directly in front of the police station where they posted a sign that read, "Military Checkpoint Ahead." The only cars that were pulled over were those with a special sign in the window indicating they had volunteered to be searched, according to military spokesmen.

And of course Jones says the soldiers he "interviewed" said they were training to take over, but doesn't show him interviewing them. Now does it make sense to you that he records everything BUT him interviewing a soldier that said that when that would be definitive proof that he was right about that particular instance? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me if he is so determined to prove it.

Now I could continue to point out every single instance where he is wrong or is fear-mongering, but that would make for a very long read and likely a very boring one so I will just stop there. Still wondering why I don't believe a word that comes from Jones? It took me less than 45 minutes to watch 20 minutes worth of video and debunk it, all it takes is Google and critical thinking skills.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

Candid documentary footage of actual Marines practicing rounding up Americans for camps, invading homes, other "exercises," near Austin, Texas.

Don't Marines usually train on house entry and other such stuff? I mean, is it possible you're taking routine training out of context? I want to know as much as anyone if we're about to be subjugated by our own military - but I need something more concrete.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
REAL SONAR....OH NO!!!! Sound waves are going to destroy and enslave the american population!!!

I might point out that we humans are very sensitive to a number of sounds. Depending on what is produced, sound-wise, "sonar" could have a deep emotional effect on us.

So I wouldn't be too flip about the use of "sonar."

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

And might I point out that us Humans have developed a thing called ear plugs. Just in case your over sensitivity to sounds underwater leads to involuntary acts on a semi-subconscious level.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Well, if you dont want to be hurt by sonar I dont recommend swimming around carrier battle groups or naval ships.

What I dont get is how this is destruction of life, or like enslavement by the government. Then if a sub gets destroyed by another country everyones like...well they have sonar. The government just had them destroyed because theyre useless. Government doesnt care..so on and so forth. So the militaries basically damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Btw we dont KILL whales with sonar. We mess up their like speech, because it kind of works off the same principle...sort of.

So being in the navy I can safely say to all my friends here on ATS. If you think the sonars going to kill you. Just dont swim around a gigantic gray ship with guns that might be waving an american flag. But if you decide to go that close im sure the sonar will be the least of your worries

Regards

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'd take a little sonar over the release of contaminated water from the INEEL facility into the aquifer that supplies the fresh water to hundreds of thousands in idaho any day! Or the problems STILL OUT THERE at these sites! Dont bring these up whatever we do! Thats not patriotic!

You think these shills really care bout you?
Some seem to actually celebrate their indifference to others
as a good thing!
They do anything and everything they can to avoid taking any responsibility!
God help us. Even though we don't deserve it.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Niavity will get you dead...sabre11004...

Those willing to give up their freedom for security, will lose both their freedom and their security...Benjamin Franklin...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
All of you on this thread seem to be very naive...Sorry but you'll be the first to go: with them, not us...sabre11004...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I happen to know for a fact that the military uses an underwater low-frequency audio system in addition to their sonar equipment. Who's to stop them from using this to influence people with pro-government propaganda? Sound does travel better in water you know.

We shouldn't be afraid of all the ways the government has to probe our minds and deny us the truth...but rather we should be wary.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's some of my links from another thread,
to validate my earlier post here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks for your interest in this, everyone!
At least they can't poison us all, can they?
Good luck!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxJClarkxxx
I happen to know for a fact that the military uses an underwater low-frequency audio system in addition to their sonar equipment. Who's to stop them from using this to influence people with pro-government propaganda? Sound does travel better in water you know.

We shouldn't be afraid of all the ways the government has to probe our minds and deny us the truth...but rather we should be wary.

If the ELFs (extremely low frequencies) weren't very powerful tools for controlling the populace, the government wouldn't have erected their GWEN towers everywhere. People say the sonar doesn't hurt the whales, just makes them confused so they lose their way and beach themselves. My understanding is that the sonar devastates the whales and dolphins and other fish, some kind of permanent damage to their brains, highly tormenting. These waves can be synchronized with the vibrations of the earth to start an earthquake, so if they can do that this means they are powerful weapons of mass destruction. They can also be set to frequencies to induce human mind control, which is purely Satanic, just as the media uses scientific mass hypnosis, and so does our new president, well-trained in the techniques of mass hypnosis.

The new weapons can control the weather, trigger earthquakes, and plant thoughts andmoods within the human mind. The biggest weapon of all is music, used to create instant mood and act as a powerful tool of mass mind control.

I urge people to turn off the music, turn off the television, stay away from the video games, and let the brain cool down and come back to reality. It's obvious from the avatars people choose here that people are living in the land of Grimms and Anderson's Fairy Tales. Read the Bible, good for the mind and spirit both.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It is dark right now, but I can still see because of the streetlights. The fog just suddenly turned pink. I shined a flashlight into the fog, and there were little particles inside the beam. Lots of little particles. The pinkness only lasted about ten minutes and then the fog went back to being gray. So I shined my flashlight into it and the particles were gone. What could cause this? Should I be alarmed? It is November 14, 2010, and I live in Langley, B.C., Canada. I'm kinda getting scared, please help, i need an answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join